This topic contains 25 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  krafTWerK 9 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Lobo
    Participant

Hi,

I somehow won’t get Scorched3d running on my Kubuntu 7.04.
    I downloaded the rpm-version and converted it into .deb with alien.
    When I try to start scorched3d from the console it says:

Fatal Error: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detected.
    The library used 2.8 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with 2.6),
    and your program used 2.8 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with 2.4,compatible with 2.6).
    Aborted (core dumped)

I already purged and reinstalled libwxgtk2.8-0 and libwxbase2.8-0 but it didn’t work either.

After that I tried to compile scorched3d from source. The command “perl createAMMakefile.pl” seems to work, but when I type in “sh ./autogen.sh” I get the output:

checking build system type… i686-pc-linux-gnu
    checking host system type… i686-pc-linux-gnu
    checking target system type… i686-pc-linux-gnu
    checking for a BSD-compatible install… /usr/bin/install -c
    checking whether build environment is sane… yes
    checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p… /bin/mkdir -p
    checking for gawk… no
    checking for mawk… mawk
    checking whether make sets $(MAKE)… yes
    checking whether make sets $(MAKE)… (cached) yes
    checking for gcc… gcc
    checking for C compiler default output file name… a.out
    checking whether the C compiler works… yes
    checking whether we are cross compiling… no
    checking for suffix of executables…
    checking for suffix of object files… o
    checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler… yes
    checking whether gcc accepts -g… yes
    checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89… none needed
    checking for style of include used by make… GNU
    checking dependency style of gcc… gcc3
    checking for g++… g++
    checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler… yes
    checking whether g++ accepts -g… yes
    checking dependency style of g++… gcc3
    checking for a BSD-compatible install… /usr/bin/install -c
    checking for ranlib… ranlib
    checking for beer in -lfridge… no
    Warning: No beer found in fridge!
    We highly suggest that you rectify this situation immediately.
    checking for OpenGL support… no
    configure: error: *** Can’t find the OpenGL library Try: http://www.opengl.org

Thanks for helping!

a banana
    Participant

When you try this in a terminal, what is the response?

glxinfo | grep -i version

If you look at the file “COMPILING” in the source folder (where you extracted the source code to), it lists the requirements.

On my system (Ubuntu 6.10), I found I also needed to add the package “FFTW”, which oddly isn’t listed in the requirements…

a banana

Lobo
    Participant

Ok, now all required packages are installed but it still does’t work.

When I type “glxinfo | grep -i version” I get:

server glx version string: 1.4
    client glx version string: 1.4
    GLX version: 1.3
    OpenGL version string: 2.1.0 NVIDIA 97.55

Panther30
    Participant

I am having the exact same issues on Fedora Core 6 as I mention in another thread.

a banana
    Participant

What error are you getting now? The same one, or something different?

Post it here if it’s different…

a banana

Lobo
    Participant

Still the same.

a banana
    Participant

Hmm, getting near to out of my depth to help with this one.

Have you got the freeglut3 package installed?

When I do a glxinfo | grep -i version I get the following:

server glx version string: 1.4
    client glx version string: 1.4
    GLX version: 1.3
    OpenGL version string: 2.0.2 NVIDIA 87.76
    glu version: 1.3

Notice the extra bit on the end? “glu version: 1.3”

I think that comes from the freeglut package, but I’m not 100% certain. It certainly seems to be a part of OpnGL, and maybe that’s what is causing the problem on your system.

a banana

parasti
    Participant

It’s hard to tell without the exact error, but it’s possible that you do not have OpenGL headers installed. On Debian, these are available in the package “mesa-common-dev”. (Basically, Mesa development packages.) They might also be distributed with the graphics driver.

Lobo
    Participant

I also recognized that. I installed freeglut3 but it did not change anything. The output of glxinfo is still the same as before installing glut…..

a banana
    Participant

Hmm. The only other “glut” type package I appear to have installed is “libglut3”, but that states “This package has been replaced by ‘freeglut3’.”

Don’t really know why I’ve got both installed, but then I installed/un-installed so many different packages during the course of trying to compile S3D that it may simply have been an oversight on my part. Regardless, though, I did eventually manage to get it to compile.

Hmm, having just had another quick look I also see I’ve got these two installed:

libglu1-mesa
    libglu1-mesa-dev

Try them, perhaps?

a banana

Lobo
    Participant

Ok, I installed tons of packages and autogen.sh finally works but “make” produces some errors and stops. Unfortunately my Kubuntu version is German and therefore the output won’t help you much.

And thank you for your help so far!

Brain Damage
    Participant
    LANG=C make

will make sure it will output in english ­čśë

a banana
    Participant

@lobo wrote:

Ok, I installed tons of packages and autogen.sh finally works but “make” produces some errors and stops. Unfortunately my Kubuntu version is German and therefore the output won’t help you much.

Glad to hear that you’ve made progress. My German is phenomenally rusty, and I was never particularly fluent anyhow, so yes — the output won’t help me much, but there may be fluent German speakers here that may be able to help you.

And thank you for your help so far!

NP.

a banana

Lobo
    Participant

Ok, here’s the output of “make”

Making all in src
    make[1]: Betrete Verzeichnis ‘/home/simon/Desktop/Scorched3D-41.1-src/scorched/src’
    Making all in scorched
    make[2]: Betrete Verzeichnis ‘/home/simon/Desktop/Scorched3D-41.1-src/scorched/src/scorched’
    if g++ -DPACKAGE_NAME=”” -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=”” -DPACKAGE_VERSION=”” -DPACKAGE_STRING=”” -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=”” -DPACKAGE=”scorched3d” -DVERSION=”41″ -DHAVE_OGG=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -I. -I. -I../porting -I.. -I/usr/lib/wx/include/base-unicode-debug-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXDEBUG__ -DwxUSE_GUI=0 -pthread -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/X11R6 -I/usr/local/include -g -O2 -DS3D_DOCDIR=”/usr/local/games/scorched3d/share/documentation” -DS3D_DATADIR=”/usr/local/games/scorched3d/share” -DS3D_BINDIR=”/usr/local/games/scorched3d/bin” -MT CreateDialogs.o -MD -MP -MF “.deps/CreateDialogs.Tpo” -c -o CreateDialogs.o `test -f ‘../wxdialogs/CreateDialogs.cpp’ || echo ‘./’`../wxdialogs/CreateDialogs.cpp;
    then mv -f “.deps/CreateDialogs.Tpo” “.deps/CreateDialogs.Po”; else rm -f “.deps/CreateDialogs.Tpo”; exit 1; fi
    ../wxdialogs/MainDialog.h:33: Fehler: ┬╗wxSizer┬ź wurde nicht deklariert
    ../wxdialogs/MainDialog.h:36: Fehler: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ┬╗*┬ź token
    ../wxdialogs/CreateDialogs.cpp: In member function ┬╗virtual bool ScorchedApp::OnInit()┬ź:
    ../wxdialogs/CreateDialogs.cpp:43: Fehler: ┬╗wxImage┬ź wurde nicht deklariert
    ../wxdialogs/CreateDialogs.cpp:43: Fehler: expected type-specifier before ┬╗wxICOHandler┬ź
    ../wxdialogs/CreateDialogs.cpp:43: Fehler: expected `)’ before ┬╗wxICOHandler┬ź
    ../wxdialogs/CreateDialogs.cpp:44: Fehler: ┬╗wxImage┬ź wurde nicht deklariert
    ../wxdialogs/CreateDialogs.cpp:44: Fehler: expected type-specifier before ┬╗wxGIFHandler┬ź
    ../wxdialogs/CreateDialogs.cpp:44: Fehler: expected `)’ before ┬╗wxGIFHandler┬ź
    ../wxdialogs/CreateDialogs.cpp:48: Fehler: ┬╗SetTopWindow┬ź wurde in diesem G├╝ltigkeitsbereich nicht definiert
    ../wxdialogs/CreateDialogs.cpp: In function ┬╗wxAppConsole* wxCreateApp()┬ź:
    ../wxdialogs/CreateDialogs.cpp:54: Fehler: es kann kein Objekt des abstrakten Typs ┬╗ScorchedApp┬ź belegt werden
    ../wxdialogs/CreateDialogs.cpp:30: Anmerkung: denn die folgenden virtuellen Funktionen sind rein innerhalb ┬╗ScorchedApp┬ź:
    /usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/app.h:89: Anmerkung: virtual int wxAppConsole::OnRun()
    make[2]: *** [CreateDialogs.o] Fehler 1
    make[2]: Verlasse Verzeichnis ‘/home/simon/Desktop/Scorched3D-41.1-src/scorched/src/scorched’
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
    make[1]: Verlasse Verzeichnis ‘/home/simon/Desktop/Scorched3D-41.1-src/scorched/src’
    make: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1

a banana
    Participant

Have you deliberately or inadvertently edited the CreateDialogs.cpp file in scorched/src/wxdialogs ?

Also, now that you’ve mentioned you’re German, there’s a previously reported bug where the Full User name for the account logged in had an umlaut in it – something about it in this post:

http://scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4401

It’s not quite the same problem that you’re experiencing, but it’s worth checking.

a banana

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.