This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ZuzuMonk 13 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Scorched masta
    Participant

i have no idea how to pick a specific map when im playing, if anyone does could you please tell me, thx 😀

Deathstryker
    Participant

I don’t think you can.

Knochi
    Participant

What do you think the game does, when you see all these calculating bars at startup ??? Right.. it calculates maps… every new game a new map at random…. there are no specific maps… so you can’t select them.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

This is one of the first things I am going to do for version 37.

The engine allows for much more varied map types even without changing the landscape generation code. At the moment you have to choose landscape settings that will be used for all games. So each game is played on a similar landscape. I want this to be able to be changed for each game (using config).

So this will allow one game on a flat landscape, one on a hilly landscape etc…

variant
    Participant

how about custom map editor? 😉 no really, maby an ability to import yer own height maps and textures? or does that allready exist? When are the trees and caverns expected to be implemented?

thnx
    variant

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Not sure about caverns but trees are almost done, I just need some more level of detail culling for them, Presently there slow the machine down too much.

Custom maps will be introduced in 37. Not sure about the editor though, lots of things can aleady export height maps.

ZuzuMonk
    Participant

Is it possible to have the terrain split into 2 different islands instead of being just 1 big one?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.