This topic contains 51 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Bobirov 11 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

A Moogle
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

Trying the examples you gave, Moogle, and I’m getting odd things happening… it seems to depend on the redirect I use, but having the lightning starting from an object on the map (as part of its removeaction) my client locks hard. Sometimes as soon as I hit space, sometimes when the projectile collides.

Well, that’s strange, they both work fine for me…
    Maybe it’s because I’m running Windows? 😛

jdog
    Participant

@A Moogle wrote:

@cbx550f wrote:

Trying the examples you gave, Moogle, and I’m getting odd things happening… it seems to depend on the redirect I use, but having the lightning starting from an object on the map (as part of its removeaction) my client locks hard. Sometimes as soon as I hit space, sometimes when the projectile collides.

Well, that’s strange, they both work fine for me…
    Maybe it’s because I’m running Windows? 😛

Your both right, it will work and it will crash the game when the fire button it hit. I just remember having the same problem awhile ago when I was making a weapon. The reason is that one of the tag(s)

will cause the game to crash when the weapon is fired.

Check my mods weapons, I have one that uses a single bolt for show.

cbx550f
    Participant

Wasn’t sure where to post this, but since I did this to make my life easier when adding new docs, here it is:

I was about to start some updates to my mod, but wanted to document the new weapons tags first. I knew there was a script to help this, and thanks to Rob for pointing me to it and saving me the time. It was SO close to writing the docs for me, I had to modify it a bit more, sooo…..
    I modified the weapondocs.pl script so that it now outputs in a format much like in the actual xml files.

Example:

$ perl ../../scripts/weaponDocs.pl

std::string
    int
    XMLNode
    int
    bool
    int
    int
    int
    float
    ModelID
    AccessoryPart
    int

int
    float
    bool

Vector

float
    float
    float
    float
    Vector
    float
    float
    float
    bool
    bool
    bool
    bool

Committed.

cbx

Ooops, I messed up the formatting – forgot to click the “ho HTML 😉
    Fixed the formatting

cbx550f
    Participant

Thought/question:
    I was just going through the outpout from weaponDocs.pl to add 40.1 syntax to the wiki, and came across:Model ID
    IIRC, you can use a tank’s name there, rather than doing type”MilkShape” and specifying a model.

Is there a way to add models to the tanks.xml that people cannot choose as tanks?
    I haven’t looked, and trying not to think about it right now (so I’ll finish the document).

If there is not, perhaps a models.xml file would be good to have in the future? (far future is okay, Gavin, we bug you enough :P). It would save a fair bit of repetetive xml.

Back to the wiki. 😉

cbx[code]Model ID
    IIRC, you can use a tank’s name there, rather than doing type”MilkShape” and specifying a model.

Is there a way to add models to the tanks.xml that people cannot choose as tanks?
    I haven’t looked, and trying not to think about it right now (so I’ll finish the document).

If there is not, perhaps a models.xml file would be good to have in the future? (far future is okay, Gavin, we bug you enough :P). It would save a fair bit of repetetive xml.

Back to the wiki. 😉

cbx

cbx550f
    Participant

Also, another question:
    modelscale, how does this differ from projectilemodelscale?

I know I’ve had to mess around with each of these before, but I can’t recall where my confusion was…
    I’m just being a bit lazy and not researching it right now so I don’t get distracted from doing the wiki (like I was for the last couple hours… heh)

I do know this: A model I used with modelscale=10 needed to be sized up at least 10x (within blender) to work as a rollermodel at the same size. I’ve admittedly been a bit confused about modelscale since I discovered that modelscale=1 is NOT the same as not supplying the modelscale.

Rather than add yet another consecutive post:
    I haven’t used the “positionselection” yet, as I decided it was in my own best interest to have docs first before I waste hours poking around with it, and since Bob wouldn’t do it (:P), I have yet another query:
    Do this bit look correct:

The type of position select to be used:
    - fuel: Player can select a postion based on a limited range
    dependant on the amount of fuel in inventory.
    - limit: Player can select a postion based on a limited range
    dependant on the positionselectionlimit value.
    - generic: Player can select any position
    int
    The maximum distance of position selection from the current position.
    The group name, for ambient sound files, etc.

Thanks.

Writing docs ROCKS! 😛

I was just thinking, we should do a glossary – somewhere to say things like “armslevel means blahblah” – it would save us a TON of rewriting in the wiki

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

Thought/question:
    I was just going through the outpout from weaponDocs.pl to add 40.1 syntax to the wiki, and came across:Model ID

You can’t use tank model names in a model ID tag. Model ID tags are to allow different types of models formats to be specified.

e.g.
    napalm/napalm.txt
    or

question.ase
    question.bmp
    [code]Model ID

You can’t use tank model names in a model ID tag. Model ID tags are to allow different types of models formats to be specified.

e.g.
    napalm/napalm.txt
    or

question.ase
    question.bmp

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

Also, another question:
    modelscale, how does this differ from projectilemodelscale?

modelscale is the size of the weapon that is displayed in the lower left hand weapon selection window. This is applicable for all weapons/accessories.

projectilemodelscale is only for weapons of type projectile and determines the size/scale of the missile drawn during play.

Rather than add yet another consecutive post:
    I haven’t used the “positionselection” yet, as I decided it was in my own best interest to have docs first before I waste hours poking around with it, and since Bob wouldn’t do it (:P), I have yet another query:
    Do this bit look correct:

Yes that looks good.

Except this is wrong.

The group name, for ambient sound files, etc.

The group is the accessory group that this accessory will be added into.
    It defaults to “weapon” for weapons and “defense” for all other types.

Its currently not used for much except for creating new catagories in the buying window and to say which weapons should be available via the fuel selection (since they are now weapons too).

Bobirov
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

When did I say I wouldn’t do it?? I just haven’t got around to it yet damnit. 😛

And thanks for those formatting changes on the weapondocs script. That will make adding new tags to the docs even easier. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.