This topic contains 51 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Bobirov 11 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Comments in bold

@Da Wiki wrote:

#
    ^ length of the lightning bolt
    #
    ^ length of each segment of the bolt
    #
    ^ max length variance of each segment? not sure
    Yes, a random amount the segment length will be longer by
    #
    ^ width of the lightning segments
    #
    ^ amount the width can vary? not sure
    Yes, the amount added to the width for each new segment. Segments get larger each itteration.
    #
    ^ minimum width of the bolt? not sure
    Yes, min width of a segment
    #
    ^ probability that the bolt will fork into multiple segments
    #
    ^ not sure
    The chance the lightning will split as it gets longer, the chance gets larger the longer it is and this increase is controlled by this item
    #
    ^ probability that the bolt will stop at a given segment
    #
    ^ amount the angle of the bolt can change per segment? not sure
    The minimum allowed angle change between the very first segment and current segments direction. Expressed as a dot product
    #
    ^ not sure
    The maximum angle change that will be tried for the next segment
    #
    ^ total life time of the lightning particles, in seconds
    #
    ^ amount of damage done to tanks per segment
    #
    ^ radius within which segments will do damage
    filename or none
    ^ sound to play for this bolt, none = no sound

Also, is the lightning “laserish” in the way it travels/does damage?

Yes, each segment does a certain amount of damage. The more segments close to a tank the more damage done.

cbx550f
    Participant

Cool thanks!

Trying the examples you gave, Moogle, and I’m getting odd things happening… it seems to depend on the redirect I use, but having the lightning starting from an object on the map (as part of its removeaction) my client locks hard. Sometimes as soon as I hit space, sometimes when the projectile collides.

I think I’ll just drop it for today, in favour of just getting this darned map done. 😉

Anyway, from the core:

Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libxml2.so.2
    Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libexpat.so.0...done.
    Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libexpat.so.0
    #0 0xb76a47fc in malloc_usable_size () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
    (gdb) where
    #0 0xb76a47fc in malloc_usable_size () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
    #1 0xb76a4ddd in malloc_usable_size () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
    #2 0xb76a50d6 in free () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
    #3 0xb7e8aa3a in _nv000039gl () from //usr//lib/opengl/nvidia/lib/libGL.so.1
    #4 0x095dd400 in ?? ()
    #5 0xb6e26b7c in _nv001197gl () from //usr//lib/opengl/nvidia/lib/libGLcore.so.1
    #6 0x095dd400 in ?? ()
    (gdb)

cbx550f
    Participant

Couple of questions:

1. What does flattenarea=-1 mean? (I admittedley haven’t played around with it – just in the middle of adding stuff to the model placement section of the Wiki and thought of it, but don’t want to get off on a huge tangent and not finish the updating)

2. for model objects, again, what is “burnaction”? I presume it’s what happens to it when it is napalmed?

Thanks

jdog
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

Couple of questions:

1. What does flattenarea=-1 mean? (I admittedley haven’t played around with it – just in the middle of adding stuff to the model placement section of the Wiki and thought of it, but don’t want to get off on a huge tangent and not finish the updating)

I think this makes it flatten it downwards

2. for model objects, again, what is “burnaction”? I presume it’s what happens to it when it is napalmed?

Thanks

yes it is

cbx550f
    Participant

For #2, thanks. 🙂

For #1: I don’t think so. ❓
    It will flatten to the bottom of the model with flattenarea=x, regardless of whether it is flattenting up or down – is -1 “auto” based on the model size maybe?

Anyway, I updated the wiki for the models section – would update the burnaction bit, but I’m WAY too tired. (On that note, if someone could read over my comments in the models section – I may have said something way off – when I started I wasn’t tired… ;))

cbx

Bobirov
    Participant

-1 flattens an area equivalent to the size of the model’s bounding box. 😉

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

-1 flattens an area equivalent to the size of the model’s bounding box. 😉

Yes.
    It makes all of the landscape around the objects center point the same height.

cbx550f
    Participant

Thanks – added those bits to the model section.

Berem
    Participant

Can we define thanks life diferent for example so if I choose a thank modell that have different maximum life like the other.
    Is it possible? If possible how can I make it?

Bobirov
    Participant

@berem wrote:

Can we define thanks life diferent for example so if I choose a thank modell that have different maximum life like the other.
    Is it possible? If possible how can I make it?

Yes it is possible as of v40. You define it in tanktypes.xml. You’ll need to put a yourtype tag in the tanks definition in tanks.xml first and then create a new type in the tanktypes.xml file with the properties you want.

Berem
    Participant

Could you show me an example how does it look like in script? Because I am not a programmer, I only can do something, if I had an example 🙁

Brain Damage
    Participant

there is alrady an example made by gavin itself, the example is inside the file tanktyps.xml in your game’s data folder; anyway this is the file’s content:

none

Missile

MIRV

Funky Bomb

Nuke

Bobirov
    Participant

Yes, but what you don’t see is the fact that you have to add the yourtype tag into the tank’s definition in tanks.xml in order to engage that type in tanktypes.xml. If you do not supply that tag, the none tanktype will be used. I found this out last week while I was starting to play around with tank types.

So, make a new tanktype in tanktypes.xml that looks similar to Brain Damage’s example but with the properties you want. Then put in yourtype into the tank’s definition in tanks.xml where yourtype is the name of the new tank type you put into the tanktypes.xml file.

Berem
    Participant

OK its works I understood it 😀

Bobirov
    Participant

@berem wrote:

OK its works I understood it 😀

Glad to hear it. 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.