This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BOY 8 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Chopper
    Participant

Grabbed a R5 release from releaselog
    friggin awesome movie.
    reminds me of the way it makes you think when I saw Bladerunner waaaay back.
    very well done …and the best thing….it seems real…….very, very real
    People here strike me as the kind that would enjoy it.
    even mrs Chop watched it :mrgreen:

BOY
    Participant

It was the best movie I’ve seen in a long time. Yes sir, excellent stuff. I didn’t like a few things, like the way you know nothing of what is really going on, but it also made it very intriguing.

Other things that are kind of neat, there was no slow motion… I hate slow motion scenes. The setting and most of the acting was pretty organic, very natural. The action and effects at the end weren’t too bad either 😀 FIVE STARS!!

EVERYONE GO SEE IT!

Hyde911
    Participant

It’s good, but I think you guys exaggerate a bit. Nothing special, just a movie. IMHO this movie is incomparable to Bladerunner.

@chopper wrote:

very well done …and the best thing….it seems real…….very, very real

Yep, I see alien spaceships everyday, and they look just like in this movie.

Raden
    Participant

Blade Runner was super…for its time…it is still a good watch now, but when it came out, it was ahead of its time in terms of questioning the ethics of cloning, I liked the movie…plus Sean Young was really pretty in that movie 😀

But, District 9 imo, has got to be one of the better sci-fi movies that has come out recently. There is an underlying hint of racism or should I put it as ‘speciesm’. In movies, we always see humans as being ‘the oppressed’ when encountering aliens, it’s good to see it vice versa instead. As for the effects, yeah, they were real…fast and slow moving scenes where alien and human were present…they managed to blend in the CGI very well. I liked it…hope there is a sequel.

*off topic* –any isaac asimov fans here? If the ‘Foundation’ series of books were made into a movie or movies, now THAT would be really super.

Hyde911
    Participant

That is all true Rad. But ive seen some much better movies about racism, and much better sci-fi movies as well. But still its very good movie.

BOY
    Participant

I really don’t remember Blade Runner very well, might have to go rent it, been a long time.@raden wrote:

*off topic* –any isaac asimov fans here? If the ‘Foundation’ series of books were made into a movie or movies, now THAT would be really super.

I read the Foundation books by Asimov as well. Very well done book, however I disliked one of the underlying athiestic theme of the story. I hate anything Darwinian. Asimov was an mathmatician, that was like his religion. Still a really good read though

Chopper
    Participant

Yeah…thats what i was trying to say…it seemed real.Just as “Bladerunner” seemed real….it wasn’t a Starwars approach to sci-fi….it was a gritty,believable “here’s what you have to look forward to on your planet” kind of movie.

Shot in a news/documentry format without any sl-omo crap…..it was seemed real and believable…..but dayyuum…the South Africans got some hard accents. #-o

One of my employees saw it at the theatre and left after a few minutes because of the opening (which my wife and I wondered about the start)….I passed on the er….media….to her. You get into it as it rolls.

In my many years of movie watching I give it two thumbz up

Hyde911
    Participant

@boy wrote:

I read the Foundation books by Asimov as well. Very well done book, however I disliked one of the underlying athiestic theme of the story. I hate anything Darwinian. Asimov was an mathmatician, that was like his religion.

You have your religion, why he cannot has his??

bazzz
    Participant

I really dont think its wise to start a discussion about why some equate religion to science, if you want to please go ahead. Ill let it go for now.

BOY
    Participant

@hyde911 wrote:

@boy wrote:

I read the Foundation books by Asimov as well. Very well done book, however I disliked one of the underlying athiestic theme of the story. I hate anything Darwinian. Asimov was an mathmatician, that was like his religion.

You have your religion, why he cannot has his??

he doesn’t like mine, I don’t like his. But I still got an A in Physics and Calculus! 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.