This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Laptops Daddy 7 years ago.

• Author

NAKED
    Participant

About ten minutes ago I was disconnected from the main server. I tried going back but it would not let me in do to the fact that it thought I was still playing (name was still on the list). I tried going into the beginner server to let the system know I was somewhere else but it did no good. Is there any was to deal with this should it happen again?

Rommel
    Participant

Hi NAKED :

Surely you aren’t still locked out of the game.
    If so, you should send Gavin a P.M..

To the best of my knowledge he is the
    only person currently capable of working
    with the game.

In Ver. 42, after missing the required number of
    turns, the game would have kicked you out even
    though it saw you as still being connected.

If you waited over 10 minutes, it appears that
    there is a problem with the software not only
    not detecting your dropped carrier but also not
    removing you from the game.

I seem to remember reading something about the
    new version of the game (beta perhaps) moving
    players into spectator mode for missing turns.

This may be what happened to you. Can’t say with
    any degree of certainty. If so, this is a bad feature.

A follow up would be nice if you have the time.

Best Wishes,

Rommel

NAKED
    Participant

After posting the message I went back and was able to connect.

tlon
    Participant

Hey NAKED, you coward, why do you always disconnect from main when I join the server? Afraid of loosing your points?

Acid22
    Participant

@tlon wrote:

Hey NAKED, you coward, why do you always disconnect from main when I join the server? Afraid of loosing your points?

Very

NAKED
    Participant

Some play to win the battle. Some play to win the war.

You can win a game and still lose skill points.

It’s not cowardice, it’s strategy. If you look at the stats you will see it’s working.

With this new rank system based on skill points being much more fluid, yes, I need to keep the points I have.

So put that in your pipe and smoke it, Mr. Rank 10.

Thrax
    Participant

@naked wrote:

Some play to win the battle. Some play to win the war.

You can win a game and still lose skill points.

It’s not cowardice, it’s strategy. If you look at the stats you will see it’s working.

With this new rank system based on skill points being much more fluid, yes, I need to keep the points I have.

So put that in your pipe and smoke it, Mr. Rank 10.

Just try to remember that thru it all, it’s not about rank, it’s about having fun
    with your friends. Many of us could play rough and become master, but we
    hold back and enjoy the ride instead. Don’t run off just to save points, Hang
    around and gather the community around you. You’ll appreciate it more in the
    long run.

NAKED
    Participant

The thing most appealing, to me, about this game is the stats. It was a thrill to win 41.2(series 2). The way players express themselves through the stats is interesting. As I worked my way through the series I noticed a player would challenge my rank,even overtake me at times. I would push back by playing as many people as I could, so at the end of the day I had the most kills. The challenger and I would play this little cat and mouse game for a week or two. At some point it was clear that the challenger had given up and abandoned the quest for rank 1. It is at this point that I obtain the most satisfaction. There were three or four major challengers in that series. Near the end I got lazy and wasn’t playing very much or checking the stats. If the stats went a week longer, Rodijak would have won for sure. I only won by 42 kills.

I’ve ducked out of many games that I felt was doing more harm than good to my rank. It wasn’t an issue with the kill based system, but it is with the skill based one. I will hold at 7000 points untill I see someone get near, then the challenge is on once again. 😈

Acid22
    Participant

Ok ‘Billy No Mates’,
    Have it your way. Rank 10 with the ability to blow your (very strange) head off in a straight fight will suffice for me. 😉

On the flipside, killing you on the odd occasions when you don’t run away is at least as satisfying as the ‘chase for the top’. If you can become No1 by fighting people who can at least shoot straight then I’ll buy you a pint myself.

Aceeeeeeeeeeeed

Chopper
    Participant

Rank don’t mean squat….. [-X
    Its a game man…nothing more nothing less.
    Where else can oyu meet and get to know people from around the world…
    I still miss Che from argentina….Mandys (Germany) been out of action with health….Apache (Israel) …howd you like to be there?….Nakas still around (Russian I think)….shes cool.
    damn I love this game
    Leave the ego at the door.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Hes a stats fanatic, that is his style of game play. If it is truly just a game as everyone says, why all the commotion? If he wants to run from battles, fine. Thats his choice. The rest of us can play a lighthearted game of catch and release. (the skill points) 😉

When this is all over NAked I hope you pop in for what we call “the real game”.

Loke
    Participant

Why not revert to kills as the one parameter – the present one encourages cowards. Id rather loose skill points than to kill the bot on main EVERY time I join. I enjoy unartificial intelligence.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

i think rank and skill ratings are important. it’s no fun when people RQ. it’s easy to collect kills with heavy weapons. give a player who’s spent a couple of hundred hours fine tuning their mcb skills for 5 kills a match a sandhog, and theyll eat someone who’s collected 10 kills a round with DH’s for breakfast.

Players get a larger skill change when killing lower skilled players

^ from the beta changelog. sounds cool.

far as gameplay, id like to see more options for taunts. eg: [loke has added laptop as a target] *tank goes red on mini map*. followed up with
    t: “do it again, i dare you” (etc) “http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2ViLuK3p8o”

maybe some extra icons above the tank in the game, like sergeants stripes? and maybe a little fanfare sound and a message on screen when people’s ranks go up a level.

ps:
    speaking of mcb, we need to bring back special rules. cults, clans. rivalry, team play. open things back up and allow players to make the game their own.

viewtopic.php?p=57415#p57415

^ this is (was) a game death sentence. absolute madness. no disrespect to BOY. i think that post should be taken down.

This is a popular “rule” many veterans like to play by. This will no longer be allowed.

it needs to be replaced with something like:

“This is a popular “rule” many veterans (used to) : like to play by. (before they were asked to leave and the rest of the comminty based around their commitment followed). Feel free to break the rule, but check skill ratings and dont be too upset if you meet an untimely death.”

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.