This topic contains 32 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Deathbal 10 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

TheOne
    Participant

Dirt too cheap and too effective for price!!
    + Riot bombs are not powerful eneough to get out!
    You waste two shots trying to get out

Today on main
    Dirter dirts me on main everyround
    Me wasting to shots to get out everytime, enough time for other players to range and kill me when i finally get out!
    Cant afford to buy teleporter in second round!
    All a dirter needs is one kill per round to buy more dirt.
    Dirters arent there to win or kill, but simply there to piss off all the other players.
    Riot bombs are just not powerful enough

Noobs see this and start dirting too thinking its funny (yes i know its just a game but cant have much fun in dirt all the time) (thinks about making a Pig model for myself to have fun in dirt)

I have no problem with dirt! (Dirt and laser)
    but as i said too cheap and too effective for price where riot bombs are too weak!

Willis
    Participant

Not to disagree with the request, I see where your coming from.. but:

Is the heavy riot bomb is a little too expensive too? I’d really suggest carrying a couple of those.

Not only are they nice to get out of the dirter’s pile, (I never do it right away.. chances are they have another dirt bomb or the dirt pile will distract people from wanting to shoot at me 😉 )

But for windy days when the landscape is not in your favor… remove that nearby dirt without actually hurting yourself.

Or, they make an excellent replacement for diggers if you can land the shot right.

— But, I’m guessing that the heavy riot bombs have gone up a little in price for those reasons :lol:.

jdog
    Participant

Dirt a problem? Try a stain remover.

One option would be, if they dirt you resign. Another option would be keep parachutes on and skip turns. Let them undirt you for you.

Thrax
    Participant

Topic has already be excessivly discussed -here-..

Dirt is not a problem for any skilled players. it only serves as a deterrant
    or annoyance for players that rely only on huge-bombs all day.

and no Willis.. Heavy riots are still extremely cheap. easy to afford
    if you havent spent it all on funkys, DH’s or Force-shields.

BOY
    Participant

I understand your frustration, however, don’t take it out on the prices. 😛 Get revenge right away! I’m sure you know the funky bomb very well. If you are a bit more poor, sandhogs might last you a little longer.

I know you are a good player, surely you can kill him by the same time he dirts you, no?

If noobs laugh, just spank them, you’ll have the last laugh at the end when you win 😉

Irishbandit
    Participant

@boy wrote:

If noobs laugh, just spank them, you’ll have the last laugh at the end when you win 😉

Boy you better stay away from me 😛

Viking62
    Participant

In response to One’s seemingly mundane request. I have seen one lowly player single him out & dirt him continously (can’t remember players name). This has happened more than two whole games; definately inhibits said One from enjoying a game whatsoever with that guy playing. Shoulda posted in player complaints. Tell ya what-ONE, if im playin @ same time I’ll help you out. Take care all. 😉

BigBear
    Participant

@thrax wrote:

Dirt is not a problem for any skilled players. it only serves as a deterrant
    or annoyance for players that rely only on huge-bombs all day.

What are you talking about? If you remove the dirt you will still be in a deep pit (rooooooooollers incoming!!!). Having to use high arc shots (especially if windy) calls for a skilled player indeed to stand a chance in that situation. And even if you can use fuel it is very expensive compared to what the dirted pays to mess you up with evil dirt.
    EDIT: What I meant to say was that offensive dirt cripples ANYONE at a very low cost.

Unless there will be a massive outcry I don’t see any changes being made to dirt. Therefore I will continue do try the alternative (and imo quite effective) way to change the usage patterns of dirt. Kill dirters first with extreme prejudice!!!
    EDIT: I don’t have a problem with defensive dirting. What I’d like to see is that dirt can’t be shot over distances (ring of dirt is for example a pretty cool defense against direct shots while still allowing you to keep shooting), making it more of a defence than a weapon as it should be in my mind.

BOY
    Participant

was TheOne beating up on him too much? Did he make fun of his momma? It is possible that after investigation, we find that ONE needs more dirt! 😛

dirting someone continuously for two games is certainly grounds for a vendetta. my violent instincts, coupled with my free floating rage compell me to attack this person, but first I must know the motive and more about them.

jdog
    Participant

Hmmmmmm, dirt the dirter?

BigBear
    Participant

@boy wrote:

… my violent instincts, coupled with my free floating rage compell me to attack this person, but first I must know the motive and more about them.

No need for analyzing the way I see it. The only good (offensive) dirter is a dead dirter!!! 😈

Deathbal
    Participant

Doesn’t the heavy riot “BLAST” not bomb, get you out of dirt quick?

I know i’ve used it before with success against dirters.

BigBear
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

Doesn’t the heavy riot “BLAST” not bomb, get you out of dirt quick?

I know i’ve used it before with success against dirters.

It enables you too resume fire the next shot yes. However, assuming that the ton of dirt hits fairly close you can’t use fuel too get out of that monstrous pit you’ll end up in that will score a kill from a roller hitting within a mile of your tank. Plus the fact that you will have to shoot at a higher angle than 45 degrees to reach over the walls. So to get out completely you’ll need 2 moves unless you have a teleport. Pretty cripplling for such a cheap (in every sense of the word) weapon.

Deathbal
    Participant

I agree BB but can’t you blow a hole out the back side instead of straight up? Then you can easily run out…….sort of like creating an igloo.

One can also argue that a ton of dirt is a strategy. But since it’s so cheap, and can be very effective in covering and altering shots, I think it should be priced much much higher. Then it’s use might not be considered so cheap.

BigBear
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

I agree BB but can’t you blow a hole out the back side instead of straight up? Then you can easily run out…….sort of like creating an igloo.

That depends. If the (ton of) dirt hits you spot on or close to it there is no way to clear enough dirt in one shot. At least that is what my trials in single player concludes (I made BD try it too and we used riot blast as well).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.