This topic contains 84 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  comedown 9 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Chopper
    Participant

You just gave me an idea Raden.. 💡

Thanks. The answers been there all along.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Well said Raden.

BigBear
    Participant

+1 for Raden. Good post!!!

Hyde911
    Participant

For me its not real problem at all. How many dirters play regurarly?? Few. Of course its annoying. But how many turns dirter can win?? He will quickly focus rest of players attention on him. 2 or 3 decent players armed with riots will knock this tactics out of his head very fast.

Raden
    Participant

Thanks Chopper, Peanut, BigBear,…..

But I think most of what i mentioned was already said by PoM, in his replies to the original post. Kudos should go to PoM too. I just read what Exiled One said about me, I had to reply, to clear my name (heheh)…..I’m not pro Dirt;)

Exiled One
    Participant

Sorry Raden,

My apologies, its just that it was the first ten or so days, when I started playing. Tnick and you were there when I started a argument about dirt and you said you didnt minded if your opponent uses a dirt but then everybody would not like you. It was basically at the very end of a round. But then I dont have a log that shows an evidence stating what I said. But then again, I know that no one is pro dirt except those who try it and do it. So in your case, I didnt make lie, it was just something you said that I could’t provide an evidence for to present to the scorch community.Maybe.

Also guys, future rounds please….even if I am a pro dirter …doesnt mean I would use a dirt right on the first round or during the whole round. But just for future safety dont use your buck when I dont make a move yet with dirt. If I make a move with dirt you will know then when you to move. Or you guys all can buy some and wait for the time to come even if it isnt going to come. I know that I cant tell you what to do so you might as well have an heads up. Anyway, it will be fun trying to counter riots and lots of them even if the whole tsunami is going to squash me.

And Hyde, yes it will blow the roof of my house unless….I prepare for the worst possible outcome.

Man I wished there is away to blow one whole island off dirt and cover with water or do the opposite….that would be so sweet…but then again how would people react, possibly the same way the have always been.

I realized something the other day, people only complain about dirt weiners or poohing their pants or cowards in main server only. In the other servers, they tolerate it, even if there is a way to blow the whole house away.
    How do I know this? A player actually complained about dirt using in main but on the other side with a whole different world that same player didnt even budge to say, “hey dirt weiner stop using dirt and fight like a man.”

Its funny yet hypocritical not knowing your enemy was the same person from last time.

Yours,

Exiled One

BigBear
    Participant

@Exiled One wrote:

I realized something the other day, people only complain about dirt weiners or poohing their pants or cowards in main server only. In the other servers, they tolerate it, even if there is a way to blow the whole house away.
    How do I know this? A player actually complained about dirt using in main but on the other side with a whole different world that same player didnt even budge to say, “hey dirt weiner stop using dirt and fight like a man.”

Its funny yet hypocritical not knowing your enemy was the same person from last time.

I assume you are talking about other “non” mod servers as otherwise a comparison is moot. If you are refering to the beginner server you might wanna take into consideration that the item pricing is quite different, ie the unbalancing effect of the price of dirt isn’t nearly as severe as on main.

Exiled One
    Participant

So BB,

Does main servers pricing differ from the rest? If so, then wouldn’t people still have the same reactions for pro dirters.

Chopper
    Participant

on Main…..You dirt….YOU DIE :badgrin:

Raden
    Participant

@Exiled One wrote:

Sorry Raden,

My apologies, its just that it was the first ten or so days, when I started playing. Tnick and you were there when I started a argument about dirt and you said you didnt minded if your opponent uses a dirt but then everybody would not like you. It was basically at the very end of a round. But then I dont have a log that shows an evidence stating what I said. But then again, I know that no one is pro dirt except those who try it and do it. So in your case, I didnt make lie, it was just something you said that I could’t provide an evidence for to present to the scorch community.Maybe.

Exiled One

Hello Exiled One,

Apologies? 😮 You do not have to apologize because there’s nothing to apologize for here. As a matter of fact, I should apologize for indirectly making you think that i called you a liar. I am not saying that you lied. Like I said earlier, I probably said “I don’t mind you using dirt” because probably I had some Heavy Riots or Sandhogs at that time to counter your dirting tactics.

Bear in mind that, it will be time consuming for me to dig you out with riots if you dirt yourself again and again. If you and I were the only players remaining alive, then it wouldn’t be so much of a problem, but when there are other players still alive, and these players don’t feel that you are a threat to them (or feel that I’m the easier/easiest kill) and start shooting at me (and killing me) while I try to dig you out, then I will really start to get annoyed….(at times like these, Funky Bombs are the only solution for a quick kill….but they are expensive to buy and use just to kill a dirter, no?). One option for me is to change targets and leave you under the pile of dirt while I try to eliminate other targets, but if you were to be lasering me as well at that time, wow, my hands would be really full, you know what I mean?

As a result, obviously I will still be feeling annoyed with you in the next round, and if you happen to be relatively close to me in the next round, I would not hesistate to eliminate you first regardless of whether you use dirt or not. So you can say there are 2 main reasons why I will target a dirter first: 1. Feeling annoyed with the dirter for causing me to lose points and money the previous round or rounds, and 2. Pre-emptive strike (as the Bush administration likes to put it) ie killing the habitual dirter before he can dirt himself or others (whether he intends to or not). I think these reasons apply not only to me, but to other players too.

Please do not despair when this happens, other players (being only human), will forget your actions, and forgive you in the hope that you will ditch your dirting tactics, and you will see that the attacks on you first, will taper off and eventually stop. But when you start using that tactic again, the whole cycle will start again, I’m afraid.

Dirt is a weapon available in the game, so offensive and defensive dirting will always be in the game, but so will feeling annoyed and pre-emptive strikes at dirters be there too :).

PS: Rommel, I see you’ve picked up on my ‘easiest kill first’ statement and trying to stuff it back in my mouth…..Yes, IMO, during that game, you were correct to target me first instead of the dirter, I was the easier kill, and the dirter was my easier kill because you had a force shield on and I had nothing but riots, rollers and missiles. It wouldn’t have mattered if I had changed targets to try and kill you first (you being the more imminent threat), you would have killed me before I could have killed you, anyway (which you did). I only suggested to you AFTER he killed you, that we could have combined firepower to eliminate the dirter first before going for each other because I thought you wouldn’t want to see a player win the game (which he did eventually) by dirting himself every round…………but Dang 🙄 …how could I have even suggested that to you, of all people 😛 …..

BigBear
    Participant

@Exiled One wrote:

So BB,

Does main servers pricing differ from the rest? If so, then wouldn’t people still have the same reactions for pro dirters.

Main and beginners have very different pricing settings. I don’t wanna speak for everyone else but to me it’s obvious that a weapon/tactic you don’t like gets more annoying the more unbalanced it is. If the power/price ratio is poorly chosen it takes away from the game rather than enriching it. At one point I wanted dirt gone, but that doesn’t seem right to ask just because you don’t favour it. Besides, what I really want is balance and versatility. Dirt has a place in the game. I just think that currently it’s somewhat malplaced.

Exiled One
    Participant

Friend,

Even if dirt has been misplaced, the reaction of another anti-dirter will still be the same no matter what the cause. They would still call you the names and they would still gang up on you and thats why I don’t see why the price should change even if its misplaced.

Deathbal
    Participant

Exiled One, you can use dirt, I don’t mind. 😆

Raden
    Participant

Exiled One and Everyone Else,

Dirting will always be part of the game, use it at your own discretion, different players will have different levels of acceptance to dirting, and individually every player will counter it in their own way. How an individual expresses their displeasure at dirting is also at the individual’s discretion, however, remember, we are all people here, so harsh words or personal attacks will hurt feelings…(plus it might invoke the admins wrath :P)

When coupled with lasers, dirters will be a big threat, so expect a mass attack on yourself when you use dirt and laser together. Weapons that counter dirting are plenty, ranging from cheap riots to expensive funkys.

I wouldn’t say I don’t mind you or anyone using Dirt, it will always be a minor irritant to me, but I accept it is part of the game.

Let’s Play the Game…..

BigBear
    Participant

@Exiled One wrote:

Friend,

Even if dirt has been misplaced, the reaction of another anti-dirter will still be the same no matter what the cause. They would still call you the names and they would still gang up on you and thats why I don’t see why the price should change even if its misplaced.

So you are saying that dirt needs to stay unbalanced as some sort of restitution to you since you feel that ppl have been “mean” to you? That is by far the worst argument I have ever heard.

@raden wrote:

Let’s Play the Game…..

I don’t recall stopping and certainly not over this issue. 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 86 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.