This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  sleestak 12 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Willis
    Participant

In hope to get a full spectrum view on this subject I’m keeping this public, I want to know what everyone thinks of this issue:

There have been times in our little scorched history where certain people make it thier self proclaimed duty to single out their hated target and destroy them at every chance.

Bassicly ignoring all strategic logic and making it a game of hate. Users such as these will be using weapons of mass destruction very early and though-out the game. IE Funky Bombs and other effective weaponry.

Maybe you got mad at somoene and done it to a user, more likely it was done to you. Please express your viewpoints on these senerio’s of gameplay and comment how (if anything at all) admins could make this more player friendly. This is such a drasticly gray area of concern it would demand the most clearest of rule sets. This would not be a simple subject where admins could act on immedently, but with the right input, again if admins could at all, its possible we can speed up the negative-player-removal system.

Please please realize there is a difference between players who are using a strategic risk-removing method to win, and players who merely hate you and want to see YOU dead. A famous example is moke/”1″.

apache64d
    Participant

I have a susspect but..
    I won’t say his name caouse i’m not sure he singles out players.
    To my point of view: the game is quite “clear” of players like these.

I’ll also like to hear the players’ adds.

apache.

BOY
    Participant

This sort of thing is always fine with me, as long as the player(s) remain professional about their killing. I have even done this on rare occosions in single games, but i dont hold grudges after the game is over. If a player continues to hold the grudge for a long time, the other player should then enilst the help of other players to assist them

Hmmmmm, I guess i should put up a sign for all so they know…………..

Boy
    Assassin For Hire

PM me with a detailed description of the subject and their habbits.
    $$$ Negotiable

Irishbandit
    Participant

I exsperiance this all the time from a player who will remain nameless. I hate it. I dont even know what i did for the response i get. Have ask and am told i am stupid, or retarded. So i just dont play when i see this person playing.

Willis
    Participant

So i just dont play when i see this person playing.

See this is the problem, this solution although functional is not acceptable, IMO. Theres got to be a better solution we can work twoards, something that as jestured before teaches these un-educated players to play nice or not play.

DireWolf
    Participant

Thats a hard one, if it is a constant harrassment by the same player, than yes.
    I have been accused a couple times, I am a funky addict πŸ˜†
    but I would never funk anyone repeatedly out of hate, hate should not even be a part of this game
    I am curious about how you would decide this, would there need to be verbal taunts to tie the knot, or not even that?
    I guess it would depend how it was handled, because there is always that little thing about rank, it seems the lower you get the more you get fired upon, especially by newer players, I see this all the time, where most shots fired are all on one low ranking individual, ignoring others nearby.
    I have also seen people constantly target the people who are ranked just below them to try and move up in rank.
    is that bad? not really sure?
    I guess I would have to go with my first statement. ❓ ❓ ❓

poolee
    Participant

Hi all

Well, just a few days ago I got asked by someone (Wowbagger maybe?… not sure) why I was targetting them first all the time.

My response is always the same if I get asked: “because you are winning (or in a position to beat me to win the game) and I just want to make sure you don’t”, followed by “you haven’t done anything / I’m not mad at you / it’s nothing personal”.

This becomes increasingly obvious, too, when there are fewer players on the map (4-6) versus a full map of 10-12.

Anyway, perhaps the best approach is to ask what their problem is, and then maybe an admin can intervene if it’s because the targetting player is being an ass? Or maybe it’s a situation similar to mine, and is nothing personal.

@direwolf wrote:

I have also seen people constantly target the people who are ranked just below them to try and move up in rank.
    is that bad? not really sure?

I dunno Dire, perhaps it’s the attitude while this is happening??

Cheers
    Poolee

Sondra
    Participant

Till now I don’t have regrets to anyone in here…

But for fun and for wining I’ll go for the player who is on first, but when I see you willis or apache you know I’ll go for you first πŸ˜›

the why:
    I know you guys are dangerous and you would kill me at first shot soo.

No hard fellings guys.

I love you all πŸ˜›

apache64d
    Participant

A girl called my name? 😳 πŸ˜† 😈
    You will go on Willis right? he is older admin then me..I’m noob πŸ˜‰

Sondra
    Participant

@apache64d wrote:

I’m going for both!!! πŸ˜› Now get your ass in the game where you belong!!! πŸ˜›

and that an order from a girl!! you just obey me!! πŸ˜›

DireWolf
    Participant

@apache64d wrote:

I dunno bout Sondra, but age demands respect “Usually” so I would have to shoot for that lil helicopter of yours and accidentally kill myself in the progress first!!! 😈

Wowbagger
    Participant

I have a certain player who targets me all the time. I have my suspicions on who it is (not Poolee), and when we play together he relentlessly go’s after me with a funky bomb every round. At first i decided to just go right back at him all the time but that defeats the purpose of the fun of the game. The other night he hit me with 3 strait funkies on the 2nd 3rd and 4th round so I just quit out.

Willis, I dont think its possible to moderate who shoots at who, I know targeting isn’t the object of the game but 1 person in particular seems to have a personal venteda against me. I find it easier just to leave and come back when he’s gone.

Poolee Wrote:

Well, just a few days ago I got asked by someone (Wowbagger maybe?… not sure) why I was targetting them first all the time.

Poolee, I play the same way you do. Leader, Closest, Biggest threat. I was just tired and cranky the other night, I was just ragging on you. I meant no offense or disrespect.

L8er,
    WOW

Willis
    Participant

I just hope people can be more open about these things when they cannot be settled in private.

sleestak
    Participant

How does a stalker attack the same player every round with funkies and other large weapons? Big bombs cost big bucks, which would mean the stalker is spreading his kills around quite a bit.

If not, then the stalker will be out of cash fast, only ruining one or two rounds before he becomes dependent on baby missiles. Also, there’s nothing stopping the victim from attacking the stalker. If you’re getting wiped out on the first shot every round, use your accruing cash on fuel or a shield.

I admit that when I have a choice of equal targets, I go after the lead player, or avoid someone else who might need help taking the lead. All these issues are not bad. They’re game dynamics and they make the game different and fun each time we play.

Wowbagger
    Participant

Sleestak Wrote:

How does a stalker attack the same player every round with funkies and other large weapons? Big bombs cost big bucks, which would mean the stalker is spreading his kills around quite a bit.

If not, then the stalker will be out of cash fast, only ruining one or two rounds before he becomes dependent on baby missiles.

This is how its done if your after one person providing you get a couple kills in bbm round and you hit your target with your first funky in the second round.

Say you start with 40,000.
    buy 2 funkies sell 1 back. After you kill your target even if you get killed yourself you’ll still earn enough money from the kill and the interest to do this again. You’ll have enough money to do this repeatedly throughout the game.

You may even get lucky and kill 2 or 3 targets with your funky and earn even more money.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.