This topic contains 20 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  FREAK 8 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

FREAK
    Participant

Ok well Destruction Mod is on a roll!
    I have a lot of very nice music tracks in store for you.
    I think you people may be thinking that I listen to some kind of crazy screaming crappola.
    I don’t and in fact I hate that kinda stuff.
    The music you might think won’t fit the gameplay.
    Trust me. Your gonna love it. 🙂

LINK IS BELOW!!!!! LINK IS BELOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or is it…Lol. Go to the Destruction Mod server and download it.

So whats been done?
    Heres a list!

-Environment Meteor Clusters on Hell-like maps and Space based maps have change to 20 meteors from the original 5.
    -Environment Meteors do more damage.
    -Lava Spews on Hell-like maps do more damage and shoot out more times each turn.
    -Lightning does more damage.
    -The Shield has 30 more power and loses only 7 power when a projectile collides with it.
    -The Heavy Shield Shield has 30 more power and loses only 6 power when a projectile collides with it.
    -The Ultra Shield has 30 more power and loses only 5 power when a projectile collides with it.
    -The Mirror Shield now has 10 Power.
    -Added a new shield the Heavy Mirror Shield which costs 9000 for one. It has a power of 100 and loses 12 power when a projectile hits it.
    -All weapons, fuel and defenses now have their arms level in their description.
    -Added a new shield the Ultra Force Shield which costs 14500 for one. It has a power of 120, penetration of .33, deflection of 1.5 and loses 13 power when hit with a projectile.
    -The Heavy Force Shield now loses 14 power instead of 15 when a projectile hits it.
    -The Mag Deflect now has a power of 125 and only loses 3 power.
    -The Heavy Mag now costs 11000 for two and has a power of 150 and only loses 3 power.
    -You now have Infinite Light armor from the beginning of each game.
    -You now get 1 Heavy Armor at the beginning of each game.
    -Nitro now costs only 3000.
    -You now start the game with 40 Fuel.
    -You now start the game with 8 Batteries.
    -You now start the game with 4 Parachutes.
    -You now start the game with 1 Auto Defense.
    -You now start the game with 1 Mirror Shield.
    -Each Nuclear Fallout Spark can do up to 5.5 damage instead of its original 5.
    -More Fallout comes from the Nuclear Plants then before.
    -The M2 Machine Gun has now been removed.
    -Added a new weapon The Minigun which costs 4500 for one. It sprays dozens of bullets which spread at a distance and are very good for destroying shields and tanks. It is always shot at 1000 power.
    -Added a new shield the Team Shield which costs 15000 for one. Because it’s radius is so large it can protect you and your allies from enemy projectiles as long as they are inside it. Its size makes it very easy to hit so only 10 power is removed when it is hit with a projectile.
    -The Tracer has now been removed.
    -Smoke Tracers now cost 150 for 10.
    -X Tracers now cost 1000 for 3.
    -Missiles now cost 2000 for 10.
    -Self Destruct now has a slightly larger radius and has an Arms Level of 5 instead of 2.
    -Tsar Bomba now costs 40000 and has a longer Fallout.
    -EMP Missiles now have an Arms level of 7 instead of 4.
    -EMP Grenades now costs 4000 for two.
    -Frag Grenades now costs 4000 for two and create much more shrapnel.
    -The Shotgun now costs 5000 for 3 and fires 16 pellets. Also the pellets can now remove dirt and don’t disappear as quickly. It is always shot at 2000 power.
    -The Gas Grenade now costs 8000 for one instead of 10000.
    -AI names have have been changed from countries to names I made up.
    -Day of Destruction took me 3 hours to make but its back and its better then ever! It costs 175000 for one and causes massive Destruction.
    -Removed the Hornet Nest and Hornet Swarm.
    -All weapons will have at least Arms Level 1 Regardless of their power.
    -Removed Baby Napalm.
    -Flame Thrower now does more damage, lasts a bit longer and has a larger radius.
    -The Napalm MIRV And Spread Napalm MIRV now have an Arms Level of 5 and cost 5000 for one.
    -Napalm Blast can now burn tanks underwater.
    -The Landscaper can now be used at a price of 6000 for 1. You can only have 1 at a time.
    -The Acid Splash now costs 8500 for one.
    -The SuperNova Shower took me 2 hours to make but I think that should pay off. Its costs 150000 for one and has an Arms Level of 1. It first Fires a massive laser in the sky hitting the sun to cause a massive shower of fiery debris to come crashing down.
    -Added music for the maps. Not all maps will have the same music track so It doesn’t get repetitive. Each map will have a music track that fits it right.
    -Number of Factories per level have been increased to 12.
    -Number of Gas Stations per level have been increased to 30.
    -Number of Nuclear Plants have been increased to 4.
    -Gas Station Napalm now lasts longer, has a larger radius and does much more damage.
    -All Meteor Napalm now lasts a bit longer and damages more often.
    -Possible Weapons released on Death are Acid Blast, Leap Frog, Frag Grenade, Napalm Blast, Ton Of Dirt, Funky Bomb, Fatman, EMP Missile, Gas Grenade, Quick Sand and Tsar Bomba.
    -The Massive MIRV Massacre (A.K.A MMM) is back and a lot better then before. It costs 12000 for one and fires a barrage of Spread MIRVs.
    -Created a new gunfire sound for the minigun.
    -The volcano shoots out more napalm. Also the napalm does more damage, last a bit longer and move more quickly.
    -First Aid kits from the Hospitals heal you by 55 health instead of the original 25.
    -Many of the items from buildings and other things have 40, 35, 30 etc health instead of 50 depending on their value.
    -Bars give out more items.
    -Fuel Cans give 13 fuel instead of the original 10.
    -Missile Item Pickups give you 10 Missiles instead of the original 5.
    -And many other minor changes!

Well thats it for now! Be sure to check the list every now and then for it is likely that there will be updates!
    Heres some Pics!
    Stay tuned!

KTM Rider
    Participant

Haha, welcome back, Freak. Get vista working?

I’m interested in what you invent with the updates. Good luck!

Rommel
    Participant

Hi KTM:

You too Freak.

My back is out but it was worth the pain for the laugh I got when I saw your quote. Thanks.@KTM Rider wrote:

Haha, welcome back, Freak. Get vista working?

I’m interested in what you invent with the updates. Good luck!

Very nice modifications Freak. 8) No M-2’s ??? Well, I guess that will be ok, as long as you leave the shotgun. 😆

Rommel

FREAK
    Participant

Lol well is the Minigun not a good enough replacement?
    Don’t worry it’ll make up for the M2…
    And for the shotgun?
    Heck… I ain’t ever removing that bad boy…
    🙂

Rommel
    Participant

I was kidding about the shotgun.@~FREAK~ wrote:

Lol well is the Minigun not a good enough replacement?
    Don’t worry it’ll make up for the M2…
    And for the shotgun?
    Heck… I ain’t ever removing that bad boy…
    🙂

I removed the M-2 from the cargo drops several months ago, but left it available for purchase. My first mini-gun fired 50 shots but it took too long to fire. Cut it back to 20. 😉

From the list of modifications you posted, it seems we have both been working on the same mod. I’ll post a new screen shot or two in Gavin’s request for screen shots thread sometime soon. Maybe I’ve still got a trick or two up my sleeve. 😉

Best wishes to all for a most excellent weekend,

Rommel

FREAK
    Participant

Hey people don’t forget to check the ever growing list of updates ever now and then! It doesn’t say if there are posts that are edited so you will have to check for yourself.

But to my main point…
    I have time to write script, create sounds and test things but I don’t have time to make models.

If anyone who is a good modeler and is willing to help I would be very pleased.

If you choose to help me I will make sure that you will be known for helping me.

Thanks in advance!

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Freak:

I can make a cube (just click cube) and properly skin it in about a week.@~FREAK~ wrote:

Hey people don’t forget to check the ever growing list of updates ever now and then! It doesn’t say if there are posts that are edited so you will have to check for yourself.

But to my main point…
    I have time to write script, create sounds and test things but I don’t have time to make models.

If anyone who is a good modeler and is willing to help I would be very pleased.

If you choose to help me I will make sure that you will be known for helping me.

Thanks in advance!

I’m afraid you’d be very dissapointed in my production capacity but I wish you well in finding … I forget his name right now … the young guy (13) from Europe that was posting regulary for a bit. He was offering to do instant turn arounds and although I blew him off when he said that, I think he produced a decent start on a model for Panther in about a day. You might be able to get more up to date information from Panther as I haven’t seen this guy since before Christmas. I hate I can’t remember his name. His forum avatar was a cross between a guy with a crew cur hair cut wearing glasses and the terminator. Surely someone remembers his name. Orly … whorly … bummer … I can picture the avatar clear as a bell.

Good luck,

Rommel

FREAK
    Participant

Lol.
    Well ok man I’ll keep that in mind.
    And wow you can make a cube?
    Lol.
    Its better then what I can do at this point haha.

FREAK
    Participant

TEST VERSION HAS BEEN RELEASED!

This is the first release for scorched 3d version 41.3dl!
    It is fully playable and is bug free as far as I know.
    It is not the most polished version but it is still a step up from apoc mod! (sorry bob!)
    I have yet to change the whole apoc title thingy when your loading the next map but its no biggy.
    Check the top for the file!
    Also…Thanks to Panther, a server will be going up and…

IT WILL HAVE RANKS!

So come on in for fun, laughs, happiness and a hellalot of Destruction!!!

Panther30
    Participant

hey ~FREAK~

are you still working on this project?

Bonfire
    Participant

hey freak im back. set the server up so i can download the mod.

Thrax
    Participant

@bonfire wrote:

hey freak im back. set the server up so i can download the mod.

Panther was hosting it for him. since Freak never responded or returned, the server was phased out.
    It may be returned with enough demand(and maybe a small cash donation).. 😀

FREAK
    Participant

ORLY?!?

Thrax
    Participant

@~FREAK~ wrote:

ORLY?!?

You wouldn’t want a small cash donation?? 😛

Of course, they can always download mods any time on the Mod-Downloads page.

I’m sure, now that you’ve poked your head back in for a few moments,
    you could ask panther about re-starting the server again.

FREAK
    Participant

Blasts! If only I had waited a moment later!
    If I find panther I’ll ask. I’ve been very busy lately but hopefully I will get around to continuing the destruction 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.