This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Deathstryker 12 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

cbx550f
    Participant

I just wanted to give a word of warning about deleting posts: I’ve seen in the past that deleting posts people make that are offensive sometimes spurs them on to post more and more, and can also lead to “censorship” battles.

I agree with the deletion of offensive posts, but use caution, and be sure to let some things slide. ๐Ÿ˜‰ (And no, I’m not singling anyone out, just something I thought about when seeing that a post was edited)

Cheers, and thanks for the “moderating” – don’t take it too seriously though, or it will consume you. ๐Ÿ˜‰

cbx

Deathstryker
    Participant

I honestly agree with you CBX. I haven’t deleted any yet. The only ones I have deleted were the ones in the Keys Map section so that new players could navigate it more easily. I understand that people have a right to speak their opinion about the game and other people but where it comes to the point that people are offending each other that’s where I’ll step in. I also try to factor in the thought that there is no “Off Topic” chat.

I’ve been working on some rules for this forum and now that I think about it, I really should be more lenient in the topic of spamming since there is no Off Topic chat. It’ll be hard though to distinguish between some of the other fun off topics and the “Flowers from the Ukraine” posts in that rule though. I’ll try my bst though.

BTW 1000 posts! Woohoo! I am teh Scorched 3D Spam King!

Sondra
    Participant

You big SPAMER!!!! ๐Ÿ˜›

BOY
    Participant

Consumed he is, by the dark side……..

I am not feeling singled out per say ๐Ÿ˜€ no worries, serioulsy. CBX, I am sure the post you read was the one I edited. I am glad you raised the issue, we need more level headed peeps around here. Its been a little hot, and I think that you have also recently said that its cooling down. You dont need to worry, the new “emergency powers” will not be misused

First, The post from blach was not even deleted, i copied and sent it to the admin it was intended for. the reason for the move was to make the Forums fun to read. I sincerely hope that that kind of thing will be rare if ever.

It isn’t like the moderators want to be police, but i guess that is what it amounts to. It sort of is like a crackdown eh, ๐Ÿ˜ฅ (on about 2 individuals) that is the feeling you got I am thinking, and it worried you no doubt. Scorched3d is like my online home (pretty sappy ๐Ÿ˜› but true. I remeber it was you wasn’t it, that was feeling the fun going away for you only a few days back. It really is a fine balance. Feel free to post anything you see as a good rule to go by for moderation purposes. If rules only make it more ugly around here , then all the better. no official “rules”. ‘Nuf said, you said it all the first time.

A free death head for all! this round’s on me!!!

cbx550f
    Participant

@boy wrote:

Consumed he is, by the dark side……..

I presume you mean “Dark Ales” when you say that…. ๐Ÿ˜€

I am not feeling singled out per say ๐Ÿ˜€ no worries, serioulsy. CBX, I am sure the post you read was the one I edited.

Yup, it was. I’m quite confident you did the right thing there (hard to say absolutely, since I didn’t see the post, I suppose though!). If only people would use PM more for their flaming of others more this would be a much nicer place. I commend your action on this, Boy, but it just got me thinking, that’s all. ๐Ÿ™‚

First, The post from blach was not even deleted, i copied and sent it to the admin it was intended for.

Perfect, as I mentioned above, I wish people would just PM stuff like that.

@DS wrote:

It’ll be hard though to distinguish between some of the other fun off topics and the “Flowers from the Ukraine” posts in that rule though. I’ll try my bst though.

What happened to those threads? I was going to send Willis some flowers, but I can’t find the thread….

cbx

apache64d
    Participant

I deleted those “flowers” ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜‰

*runing away from Cbx’s DH*
    ๐Ÿ˜€

I guess willis is disapointed… ๐Ÿ™‚

apache.

cbx550f
    Participant

@apache64d wrote:

I deleted those “flowers” ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜‰

*runing away from Cbx’s DH*
    ๐Ÿ˜€

I guess willis is disapointed… ๐Ÿ™‚

apache.

LOL

I guess I’ll have to keep a keener eye on the forum to watch for another “flowers” post before you “anti-flowers terrorists” get at it!

Deathstryker
    Participant

We should have all pitched in and sent Moke, our favorite Scorched buddy, some since he’s local to them and it’d cost less. But hell, it’s not about prices, we all know we’d send them to him even if he lived on the opposite side of the earth.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.