This topic contains 22 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  PeanutsRevenge 9 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Mcb Lover
    Participant

Oh and I almost forgot. All this talk about things beeing noobish pretty much makes you the biggest noob around Vitos!

I agree…then turn off this noobs thing for noobs!
    🙂

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@bigbear wrote:

…and yes the rollers should be made to roll again.

no. it was another reference to castrating the game.

i never use rollers.

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Big Bear:

WHOO AHH !!!

@bigbear wrote:

@laptops Daddy wrote:

Big Bear messed up the poll. It’s ‘cause he’s foreign.

Yeah I did mess it up slightly didn’t I? It’s all steve’s fault though for using auto defense out of the blue. As for the foreign remark it makes me giggle every time. Makes me think of all the native english speakers I’ve seen that when faced with someone that didn’t get what they said repeat the same exact sentence in a louder voice. Probably while thinking to themselves sheesh I went through the trouble of travelling to your contry so the least thing you could do is to learn proper english. Damn foreigners! Ah the sweet memories! 😛

@laptops Daddy wrote:

You need to turn delayed defence off. Right now, straight away.

It doesn’t speed things up any. The only plus side is that it reduces skill required in favour of guess work. I’m not even sure that’s a plus side.

We’ve lost the shield activation and parachute sounds. These were some of the best in the game. There’s no suspense in the later rounds now. No anticipation. Just, oh yes, bubble. Was it round 10 then?

Bring back the balls.

I will give you that I haven’t seen any speeding the game up either and yes the rollers should be made to roll again. Other than that I might as well say that I have pretty much the opposite opinion of everything you said in that quote.

Oh and I almost forgot. All this talk about things beeing noobish pretty much makes you the biggest noob around Vitos! 😯 😉 😛

I loved the part about the native English speaking folks. Excellent, most excellent. Having done a bit of traveling, I find it hard to understand why people from the United States are rude to people that don’t speak English fluently while people in other countries have always been very pleased to offer their help in translating for me. Well, except for Quebec, Cananda, I didn’t care much for the attitude of the people in Quebec. What the heck, I think they are rude to everyone that doesn’t speak French, even other Canadians, so I wasn’t terribly offended. 😉

Back to the topic. The funny thing is that it seems that there are still several folks that either don’t know about the delayed defenses being in effect or they just like to delay the game for some reason. Counting or some variant, is what I generally suspect when I see someone taking all of the available time, on every shot, but it could just be ignorance.

This is why you’ll often see me type, “Waiting on you guys.” Surely they can see the radar screen, see I’m locked in, don’t have a shield up and then suddenly have one when the shots are fired. Someone told me in a game once that Apoc players aren’t desired on the main server because they are so slow. HA!

Please leave the delayed defenses in place so we can see which players are likely to be counters, etc.. Taking it away gives them an excuse for the delay and makes it way too easy for them to hide this tactic. In the alternative, please set the shot clock to 25 seconds for a couple of weeks.

Better yet, leave the delayed defenses in place and shorten the shot clock to no more than 30 seconds. The people that would rather chat than shoot will have ample time for chating after they’ve been killed.

Thanks to Gavin, for allowing us all to have this discussion on his dime.

Sincerely,

Rommel

BigBear
    Participant

@ Vitos
    That last one was actually a funny and witty remark in reference to noobishness. Keep that up and you will gain respect instead of loosing it!

@ lappy
    I see. Well then we only agree on one thing after all regarding this matter then.

@ rommel
    I certainly would not go as far as calling you ignorant, but I think you underestimate the number of ppl that take their time for whatever reason. Personally I’d say I probably use up the 45 secs half of the time, depending on the difficulty of the shot, the tactical situation, whether I am in a chat or not etc etc. In other words I think you are oversimplifying the reasons for ppls behaviour. I’m sure I would adapt, but my opinion on the matter is don’t touch my 45 secs.

Rommel
    Participant

Big Bear:

Ooops.
    @bigbear wrote:

@ rommel
    I certainly would not go as far as calling you ignorant, but I think you underestimate the number of ppl that take their time for whatever reason. Personally I’d say I probably use up the 45 secs half of the time, depending on the difficulty of the shot, the tactical situation, whether I am in a chat or not etc etc. In other words I think you are oversimplifying the reasons for ppls behaviour. I’m sure I would adapt, but my opinion on the matter is don’t touch my 45 secs.

It appears that it might seem like I was saying anyone that takes the full time is ignorant. What I meant to say, was they may be ignorant to the fact that the delayed defenses are in effect. Would making one of the auto messages say:

Attention: The Delayed Defenses Option is in effect.

be in order?

As for the 30 second shot clock, it catches me too. The 45 second clock catches me sometimes as well. I suspect that it really wouldn’t matter if it was increased to 60 seconds, it would still catch some of us some of the time. For what it’s worth, I don’t mind getting caught by the timer nearly as much as I mind seeing someone not take a shot and then kill someone with a direct hit on the next one.

Ferdy, ferdy, ferdy,

Rommel

BigBear
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

It appears that it might seem like I was saying anyone that takes the full time is ignorant. What I meant to say, was they may be ignorant to the fact that the delayed defenses are in effect.

Yeah I misread what you meant, but I had yet another interpretation. In any case the speeding up part is really not all that important to me compared to the other benefits I see with delayed defense, so I’ll just leave it at that. We both want to keep it, yes? That’s as far as this poll goes anyways. Changing the timer is a whole other topic.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

Yes, other topic. Kind of related in a way though Bear.

@rommel wrote:

…I don’t mind getting caught by the timer nearly as much as I mind seeing someone not take a shot and then kill someone with a direct hit on the next one.

I often skip a shot intentionally then kill on the next. It’s a disrespectful, me being lots better than you thing.

In a competitive game. (they seem so rare these days : (. I would be happy to see a shot timer of 20 seconds or less. Like you say, square counters – not that it’s foolproof. I expect some people can count squares fairly quickly if they need to.

We need time to taunt each other with threats of gratuitous violence.

BBear, surely you agree that hearing the bubbles, shields and parachutes pop up one by one added something in the later rounds.

BigBear
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

Yes, other topic. Kind of related in a way though Bear.

Yes, but not covered by this poll.

@laptops Daddy wrote:

I often skip a shot intentionally then kill on the next. It’s a disrespectful, me being lots better than you thing.

Heh, you sure got the smack talk down lappy. Statements like that makes me giggle.

@laptops Daddy wrote:

BBear, surely you agree that hearing the bubbles, shields and parachutes pop up one by one added something in the later rounds.

Can’t say that I ever thought about that even for a moment. Until now that is and no, I don’t find that it did. Different strokes and all that I suppose.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

<<< change his name to BBear for a post…

I did like it in the later rounds, but only when it added tension about which weapon to use, does the person have another bubble, if so, I need this, but if not and I use this its a waste and I could be dead, if I go for the kill and they got a bubble its a waste, so you sit waiting to pick ya weapon and hope they blink b4 you, until they blink, ya change weapon and….

PeanutsRevenge missed a move, 2 more missed moves remaining

AHHHHHHHHHH.

However, so often I would have been bored by then, as it restricts you to to only playing the game, cant sort ya shot, hit fire, then check the forums/chat/watch TV and wait for the sound of war to check where shots have gone or where SD moved to.
    Hence, I remain in the DDA is good camp.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.