This topic contains 22 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  PeanutsRevenge 9 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

BigBear
    Participant

The tesing period was quite long and it would seem everyone has had ample time to make up their minds about the feature.
    —EDIT—
    So it’s not a reactivation we are talking about, but rather if you want to keep it or not.

Personally I liked delayed defense and would like to see it back in use. The side effect with battery use being hidden as well was not a big deal for me. Like I said before I thought it added some depth without taking anything away.

—EDIT—
    Hmm strange it’s still on. I guess there is nothing wrong with asking the question again though. I hope the options are not confusing heh. If you feel I may have “tricked” you into making the wrong choice, pls post so a note can be taken. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Mcb Lover
    Participant

u know im bad in english…so if i want to turn off delayed defence i should press NO?

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

if you want it on, say yes
    if you want it off, say no

BigBear
    Participant

@Mcb Lover wrote:

u know im bad in english…so if i want to turn off delayed defence i should press NO?

Yes!
    My bad. Sorry for the confusion. I could have sworn I saw a shield before the shot earlier today. Dammit cowbell, did ya have auto defense on or something?

TraT
    Participant

I vote that we have a new poll (the 3rd on this subject) titled: Do you think we shouldn’t not have Delayed Defense on shields but not batteries? 😉

Seriously, I don’t mind the shield delay much, but not knowing if your opponent has batteries is very annoying. Assuming he is not a resigner, it’s nice to know that you can leave a wounded tank to target someone else and then go back and finish him off. Usually, he would call out “quack” or something else to let you know that you had him, but with delayed batteries they say nothing. Although I have seen a wounded tank sit there for a couple of rounds so everyone ignores him and then magically come back to life to kill the survivor (looking at you Badger).

BigBear
    Participant

@trat wrote:

I vote that we have a new poll (the 3rd on this subject) titled: Do you think we shouldn’t not have Delayed Defense on shields but not batteries?

Although I see your point, it seems to me that the place to start with that is to make a suggestion in the request forum. What is the point of voting for something that is not even implemented?

Deathbal
    Participant

I like it. I like turning on my shield at the start.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

I like it. I like turning on my shield at the start.

It means that if you have two different shields, when you press D and nothing happens, you have time to click, and, select. The other way has, for me, tended to lead to me not firing my shot and not getting any shield up…
    Slightly Annoying

Rommel
    Participant

Don’t change a thing. It’s not the delayed shields feature, it’s the delayed defenses feature and I like it.

parasti
    Participant

For what it’s worth, my vote goes for keeping delayed defence. I know. I have betrayed my own kind. 😛

pastor of muppets
    Participant

I have enjoyed it and would love to keep it. But I’ll be cool with whatever the majority decide.

NP-TheOutlaw
    Participant

i wanda why this poll is only @ 19 votes while the old one got to a whopping 35 votes

i’m with the NO’s for reasons already stated (mainly the anticipation factor)

plus…i miss seeing those folks that would raise their shield last minute but ended up not firing because they cut it too close (ohhhh…..the comedy)

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@np-theoutlaw wrote:

…is only @ 19 votes

Big Bear messed up the poll. It’s ‘cause he’s foreign.

You need to turn delayed defence off. Right now, straight away.

It doesn’t speed things up any. The only plus side is that it reduces skill required in favour of guess work. I’m not even sure that’s a plus side.

We’ve lost the shield activation and parachute sounds. These were some of the best in the game. There’s no suspense in the later rounds now. No anticipation. Just, oh yes, bubble. Was it round 10 then?

Bring back the balls.

Mcb Lover
    Participant

yeap…turn off this noob thing on main….better turn on on begginers

BigBear
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

Big Bear messed up the poll. It’s ‘cause he’s foreign.

Yeah I did mess it up slightly didn’t I? It’s all steve’s fault though for using auto defense out of the blue. As for the foreign remark it makes me giggle every time. Makes me think of all the native english speakers I’ve seen that when faced with someone that didn’t get what they said repeat the same exact sentence in a louder voice. Probably while thinking to themselves sheesh I went through the trouble of travelling to your contry so the least thing you could do is to learn proper english. Damn foreigners! Ah the sweet memories! 😛

@laptops Daddy wrote:

You need to turn delayed defence off. Right now, straight away.

It doesn’t speed things up any. The only plus side is that it reduces skill required in favour of guess work. I’m not even sure that’s a plus side.

We’ve lost the shield activation and parachute sounds. These were some of the best in the game. There’s no suspense in the later rounds now. No anticipation. Just, oh yes, bubble. Was it round 10 then?

Bring back the balls.

I will give you that I haven’t seen any speeding the game up either and yes the rollers should be made to roll again. Other than that I might as well say that I have pretty much the opposite opinion of everything you said in that quote.

Oh and I almost forgot. All this talk about things beeing noobish pretty much makes you the biggest noob around Vitos! 😯 😉 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.