This topic contains 19 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BigBear 10 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

The AI
    Participant

I agree with thrax on this one. it makes it so you still use the gray squishy thing in your head, and you can still use it for shield chicken, it allows a balance between delayed defence and normal. It would then simply depend on play style for how it is used.

Also, it can be used to intimidate someone, an “look at me and my big shield” whilst still retaining the rest of the delayed defence fun.

one other thing, a truly ingenious thought, if you like it, its not a bug, it’s happy coincidence.

parasti
    Participant

This thread has snowballed to a point it’s no longer constructive. I thought I was pointing out an obvious contradiction, but I guess that part went missing.

At the very least, could the auto-defence accessory description be changed to include a note about how it behaves in a delayed defence setting?

Deathbal
    Participant

The bug, if you want to call it a bug, is that auto defense is an option. It would be better off just making it unavailable when simultanious is enabled on a server. Which is probably why it was not created with delayed defense in mind. Which would be pointless in sequential. Unless you bought delayed defense…..i am confusing myself.

Anyway, overall Par is right. If the option for auto defense is there, it should act as any other shield with delayed defense. Not be seen until the shots are fired. However, it’s like complaining that the fur coats are too expensive and you live in the desert.

BigBear
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

If the option for auto defense is there, it should act as any other shield with delayed defense. Not be seen until the shots are fired.

Indeed it should. If not there is no point in having it at all.

Deathbal
    Participant

@bigbear wrote:

@deathbal wrote:

If the option for auto defense is there, it should act as any other shield with delayed defense. Not be seen until the shots are fired.

Indeed it should. If not there is no point in having it at all.

There wasn’t a reason in the first place! In simultanious that is.

BigBear
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

There wasn’t a reason in the first place! In simultanious that is.

Agreed. Don’t think I ever used it in a simultanious game. Still if someone wants to play it safe because of remarkably bad short term memory, that’s the way it should work under the mantioned conditions. 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.