This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 14 years ago.

• Author

Anonymous
    Participant

Is there any way to save a default configuration under linux so one doesn’t have to tweak all the display options every time the game is run?

Thanks…
    …Jarrod

DeVice
    Participant

Currently, you should manually edit (under the identity of the user whom installed the game – probably root) the file [Installation Dir]/data/display.xml.

Perhaps making the same file writable by the user who play the game would allow you to save your settings from the configuration window, but i hadn’t tried that yet.

Anonymous
    Participant

Cool, that’ll work in a pinch. Would be preferable to have the standard user level config directory that overrides system defaults (~/.scorched3d)

This way diffent users on my system can have their own customization and if I destroy the config files, I wouldn’t have to reinstall the game to recover them, but rather just wipe my users’ config dir.

And a big bag o’ kudos to the development team for their effort! Scorched3D kicks ass!

Thanks…
    …Jarrod

imported_gcamp
    Participant

You are correct making the files rw by everyone will allow the settings to be saved by the game.

(BTW This has been fixed for version 36. So the files will be rw by deafult).

At some point we will add in the notion of users, so they can have their username and tank setup etc…

Anonymous
    Participant

Ahhhhhhhhhh….. I glossed over the reference that the game _will_ update these config files if it has write access. 😳

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.