This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  zombie 8 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

pastor of muppets
    Participant

It’s that time of year again time to hunt for the family I have a few pics of deer that I have “bagged” over the years thought I’d post them here any other hunters let’s see what you got. This was the best one that I have gotten he weighed 140 lbs. field dressed, he is hanging on our wall and his name is George. 10 minutes after I got him there was a 240 lb. 12 point bagged no more than 300 yards from me. George had to be awful brave to be that close to a mammoth’s playground.

zombie
    Participant

dear pom nice catch. is that u with beautiful daughter. this season try to celebrate Christmas in a way so this poor animals brother, sister and cousins can celebrate too . 🙂 my best wishes for Christmas.

pastor of muppets
    Participant

Z just a few quick facts. First of all George fed me and my family for 7 months. The meat from venison is way healthier than beef. The total cost to me for this meat was approx .86 cents a pound paying a processor, I am learning and obtaining the equipment to process myself bringing my cost down to .14 cents a pound. The deer population in Missouri (my state) is estimated at 1,000,000 deer this is with hunters taking on average 260,000 to 280,000 deer a year. There were 3419 accidents in the state of Missouri involving deer claiming 3 human lives in 2007 this made up for 20% of all vehicle accidents in Missouri and the estimated cost of deer related accidents in Missouri that year was 16 million dollars. I do hunt for sport but I eat all I kill or donate to “Share the Harvest” which feeds orphanges in the state of Missouri. I will be looking for his sisters and cousins again this year.

Acid22
    Participant

Can you airmail me one please?…………love venison =P~

zombie
    Participant

OK a different scenario then i have imagined . deer r protected animal in India killing can give u 10 yrs of prison. anyway best of luck for Ur Christmas 😀 season.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.