This topic contains 21 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Irishbandit 10 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

jdog
    Participant

No problem your opinion has been read and duelly ignored.
    Have a nice day!

vearutop
    Participant

i’m also very disappointed with this situation. for what reason server wasn’t built alone? i hope executable will be freed someday from shitty gui dependencies.
    i’ve got needed compiled libraries from gui donor system and put them in /usr/local/lib. it ran ok. freebsd5.3

http://game.tom.ru/scorched_libs/libraries.rar (7 MB)

!!!NO SHITTY DEPENDENCIES!!!

imported_gcamp
    Participant

I have to agree.

This was the way it was original written. However due to considerable pressure from people it was moved into the same binary. I can’t remember why I folded to the pressure but anyway.

I guess you can’t please everyone. If I get some time I may look at seperating them again.

cbx550f
    Participant

I was hoping to come up with a more graceful solution, but I wanted to move my server fairly quick, so here’s (roughly) what I did to install on a non-X linux server:

– installed openal (no sound device, but it doesn’t know that)
    – wxGTK 2.4
    – mesa (for opengl)
    – freetype

There were a few other X libs that I had to install along the way too (mostly proto stuff)

I’ll try to get back to doing this in a better fashion.

cbx

linuxfragger
    Participant

Sort of found what I was looking for! Has there been any progress on a dedicated server package? That’d be flippin’ awesome if there was. Does money have an influence?

Ideally it should be binary and able to run out of it’s own folder. Probably be easier to keep a lid on it if it isn’t accessing system files.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Yes, this is complete but in the development version only. Will be in the next release.

linuxfragger
    Participant

2.5 months later..

Where does one find a beta if any? Are they made publicly available? Has any progress been made on the command line only (and/or binary) capabilities yet? I is just curious. I’d like to potentially give Thrax a more stable home for his server as well as giving him the needed access to update or change any files so having the server run out of its own folder would greatly simplify such a process.

Irishbandit
    Participant

@linuxfragger wrote:

2.5 months later..

Where does one find a beta if any? Are they made publicly available? Has any progress been made on the command line only (and/or binary) capabilities yet? I is just curious. I’d like to potentially give Thrax a more stable home for his server as well as giving him the needed access to update or change any files so having the server run out of its own folder would greatly simplify such a process.

See thread Here

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.