This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  fenio 12 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Bellerophon
    Participant

Hi guys!

How can i created a dedicated server with the debian command line on my server?
    Please help!

Yours
    Bellerophon

imported_gcamp
    Participant

scorched3d -startserver data/server.xml -console

Bellerophon
    Participant

I cannot find a server file in this directory: usr/share/games/scorched3d/data

I’ve download all 3 debian files and I extracted them but there’s no server file.

second question:

Where can I set the rcon password to control the server by the ingame console? In the server.xml is no entry for that.

thx, Bellerophon

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@bellerophon wrote:

I cannot find a server file in this directory: usr/share/games/scorched3d/data

I’ve download all 3 debian files and I extracted them but there’s no server file.

I am not sure where the server is put under debian. My server binary is in /usr/lib/games/scorched3d/bin. Your custom server.xml file should be in ~/.scorched3d/server.xml so in my case it would be

/usr/lib/games/scorched3d/bin/scorched3d -startserver ~/.scorched3d/server.xml -console

Where can I set the rcon password to control the server by the ingame console? In the server.xml is no entry for that.

Yes I should start documenting this now. You need to create a file in the ~/.scorched3d directory called adminpassword-server-27270.xml
    The contents of this file needs to be like this :-

user
    password

Bellerophon
    Participant

the debian installation files do not work. I’ve put the scorched3d file from ./scorched/usr/games to scorched/usr/share/games/scorched3d where the data folder is placed. I am not able to start the server. Do you know something about a successfull server installation under debian? Please help me because I like your game, IT’S GREAT!!!

thx
    Bellerophon

fenio
    Participant

@bellerophon wrote:

the debian installation files do not work. I’ve put the scorched3d file from ./scorched/usr/games to scorched/usr/share/games/scorched3d where the data folder is placed. I am not able to start the server. Do you know something about a successfull server installation under debian? Please help me because I like your game, IT’S GREAT!!!

Hello.

Simply write `scorched3d -startserver /usr/share/games/scorched3d/data/server.xml -console` and it should work fine.

If not then fill a bug in Debian bug tracking system and I’ll see what I can do.

regards
    fEnIo

Bellerophon
    Participant

Simply write `scorched3d -startserver /usr/share/games/scorched3d/data/server.xml -console` and it should work fine.

If not then fill a bug in Debian bug tracking system and I’ll see what I can do.

regards
    fEnIo

it doesn’t work because of this error:
    Veidom:~/scorched# scorched3d -startserver /usr/share/games/scorched3d/data/server.mxl -console
    bash: scorched3d: command not found

what do you mean with the bug tracking system? I am a newbie with linux.

fenio
    Participant

@bellerophon wrote:

it doesn’t work because of this error:
    Veidom:~/scorched# scorched3d -startserver /usr/share/games/scorched3d/data/server.mxl -console
    bash: scorched3d: command not found

what do you mean with the bug tracking system? I am a newbie with linux.

Tell me:
    1) which distrubution do you use? (woody/sarge/sid? or output from `cat /etc/debian_version`)

2) Which packages do you use? From Scorched3D’s page or from Debian repository?

regards
    fEnIo

Bellerophon
    Participant

1) I use Woody

2) I use the data, i386 and doc packages from scorched3d.co.uk

Bellerophon

fenio
    Participant

It’s not possible to install these packages on woody, so I don’t know how did you achieve it.

Are you sure you’ve got woody and not sarge? Maybe you’ve upgraded it?

How did you install these packages?

regards
    fEnIo

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.