This topic contains 25 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  The Funkinator 12 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

hobbesme
    Participant

The unanimous Declaration of certain players of Scorched3D,

When in the Course of game events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the game options which have connected them with certain game servers, and to separate from these servers which uphold these game options, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all shields are NOT created equal, that some shields are endowed far more powerfully by their Creator, with certain almost-unbeatable Rights, that among these are the Force-Shields, the Heavy-Shields, and the pursuit of the Heavy-Force-Shields.

That to secure these unbeatable shields, game options are instituted among servers, deriving their unfair powers from the consent of the server administrators.

But whenever any Form of Game becomes contrary and destructive to the game’s end, it is the Right of the Playing Community to alter or to abolish the unfair game options, and to institute a new server, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect more fair Gameplay and Happiness.

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that game servers long established should not be changed for light and transient causes. But when a long train of abuses reduces many of the game’s players to absolute Despair, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such game options, and to provide new Options for their future games and game servers.

We the Players of the United Islands of Scorched3D, in Order to form a more perfect Battlefield, enforce Justice, insure domestic Rivalry, provide for the common but not overly-unbalanced Defence, promote the general Warfare, and secure the Blessings of Strategy to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this consideration for the United Servers of Scorched3D :

That a NEW Scorched3D server be added that prohibits players the option of buying or using shields, to further the endeavor of exhibiting strategy based on skill and NOT on unbalanced game mechanics, and to prevent the aforementioned abuses of such overly-powerful defences.

And for the support of this Declaration, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Tanks and our sacred Player Statistics.

The signers of the Declaration represent the new game server as follows:

c(b,x)
      Hippopotamus
      hobbesme
      Saddistic Fungus

jdog
    Participant

tanks will not beable to move them selves into water in next version, but you can be put into water by way of dirt reduction.

or you could “test” my mod after I release the next version..I should have something by the end of the first week of march hint, hint 😉 I’ve made some changes to the shields and adding in new weapons. no new effects(anyone what to help?) thru.. I’m not good at graphic yet.

SoupNazi
    Participant

I’ve made some changes to the shields and adding in new weapons. no new effects(anyone want to help?) thru.. I’m not good at graphic yet.

I am not sure what you are looking for but would be glad to lend a hand in that dept, if i can help you!!! ❗
    just leave me a message and I am there.

I do have one question…. What is the possibility of a night time map?
    The effects would be awsome in a darker enviroment, can this be done?

as far as the shields are concerned, I am not that fond of them but end up using them anyway as an only means of survival, and since the the new release it seems shield use has gone way up, why not create a shield buster bomb in the price range of the funky? just a thought…….

jdog
    Participant

I actually do have some shield breaking, kill the tank weapons.

I had to reduce shield power a little in the next release because I made them too strong against my blackhole. I don’t think a night time map is possible yet but I could be wrong.

as to textures for explosion effects I still thinking of what to use but I do have one idea I’m working on 😉

Miroslav
    Participant

well i dont think that nonshield server is a good idea… shields are just still
    to good im my oppinion….. u allways have to use digger against them..
    ithink other weapons(rolls) should be able to destroy shield faster… just to give a chance to win 4 person who just joined or newbies ( they just cant
    kill me , even if they rolls are close) thats not fair and thats not even funny 4 me to kill them…( i had 25 kills last game and 8 round wins….)
    with the new shields this game just is sooo different .. many new players just came in , got killed and never will be back.. sad. i liked v 38 , and even 37 better.. mirvs were great:))))

if were talkin about other server i would like to see only bmissiles (+ chutes and batts) this is funny. it will show real skill
    thanx

M. O.
    Participant

@miroslav wrote:

if were talkin about other server i would like to see only bmissiles (+ chutes and batts) this is funny. it will show real skill
    thanx

Yeah just look for it it’s called missile range. No batts but you do get bbm’s and chutes 🙂

Apollo Tangent
    Participant

@m. O. wrote:

@miroslav wrote:

thanx

Yeah just look for it it’s called missile range. No batts but you do get bbm’s and chutes 🙂

But alas no MySQL database for stats, and I think that with one, the missle range would entice more players seeking a ranking based more or less on their accuracy skills. Rather than their saavy on the economic issues that you need to exercize in order to win on the “official” Sever.

Apollo

M. O.
    Participant

I am thinking about that but I dont want to have the problem of what happened with the official Game servers. I’ll put up a poll and we’ll see what people like with reguards to that.

xal
    Participant

Thanks for nominating me hobbesme without asking directly, but I do agree to some extent as shields seem to be taking over a bit, even the old dig and roll works less. I think there should either be a flaw in shields for a direct hit, creating an anti-shield weapon or reduce them on an economic level by upping the price by 50%.

I do like M.O’s server though, stripped down to be bare necessities.

Panther30
    Participant

I take shields down by hitting them directly with baby diggers….

guy parker
    Participant

actually you have to hit the ground right next to them with diggers, if you hit a force shield directly with a digger it will just bounce off.

hobbesme
    Participant

@xal wrote:

Thanks for nominating me hobbesme without asking directly

Whoops! I thought of the non-shields game server idea during the game that you, Fungus, me, & a few other players were playing last night when some of us had become frustrated at the shield-users.

When I mentioned this non-shield server idea, you & Fungus seemed to like it so I said I would post about it & I thought I had directly asked whether I could put your name(s) in the post & that you had replied that it was OK for me to include you.

I’m sorry if I misinterpreted or misunderstood your response. People tell me that I do not make myself very clear.

Sorry Xal. I can certainly remove your name. Sorry!

@xal wrote:

I do like M.O’s server though, stripped down to be bare necessities.

@m. O. wrote:

Yeah just look for it it’s called missile range. No batts but you do get bbm’s and chutes

Yeah, I’ve been interested in playing on your server, M.O.; but everytime I go to play I don’t see anybody but one bot on the server.

Isn’t there more interest in playing @ M.O.’s, everybody?!

@m. O. wrote:

I am thinking about [stats] but I dont want to have the problem of what happened with the official Game servers. I’ll put up a poll and we’ll see what people like with reguards to that.

Although I suggest a non-shields server, I’m interested in playing on a stripped-down game with ranking. Not every game mind you, but as an alternative to spice up each game & change it up a bit.

I vote yes for rank/stats on M.O.’s server.

BOY
    Participant

Dudes, the shields can be taken out easily enough. With the restriction of fuel use on land only, the extra effectiveness of the shields on the bottom of terrain cannot be deliberately exploited.

Economics skills now seem to be the deciding factor, an unfortunate problem. AND, noobs are very easily discouraged and have NO chance.

Round 1 restrictions increase this problem.
    Consider this….. assume that all players are equally experienced in a game of 6 players. one player is blessed with beautiful spot on round 1, resulting in 3 kills and a round win. The intrest on these kills is enough to support his shield habbit for the rest of the damn game. Other players not so well blessed, must immediately begin buying heavy weapons to hopefully defeat this shield monger, OR resort to sitting on their money to get some intrest for shields later on (a risky scheme).

Another problem is that any player after getting intrest on their initial 25,000 can buy a Death Head on their first round of play

CONCLUSION: drasically reduce intrest rate. This will effectually make ppl earn shields the hard way, AND increase the real value of a kill

jdog
    Participant

Reducing the intrest will not solve the problem, the main problem is the the shield strength went up while weapon strength stayed the same.
    Now while I haven’t played on the main server in a while.(due to other reasons then the shields, I like to play other severs too and I’m working on my mod.)

The way I see it this game is partly luck, as said before

Boy wrote:

assume that all players are equally experienced in a game of 6 players. one player is blessed with beautiful spot on round 1, resulting in 3 kills and a round win.

Location has as almost to do with how you do as does skill.

Willis
    Participant

2 cents ..

First, enconomic strategy is NOT a problem, its a plus to this game.

When it comes to money things go full circle – if someone wishes to spend their money early on buying heavy costing bombs – later in the game they will be broke and not aford anything. Should we feel sorry for this? Apsolutely not – if you wanna buy bombs of high value people should be smart enough to know the cost risk they run, and they should know how to use those weapons to be certain their not takin that money and throwing it out the window.

Also when your not spending high priced bombs, your typicly keeping yourself to the “Baby” weapons. Anyone off the first round smart enough to buy batteries and parachutes – already keep themselves from the DH you speak of Boy. Now in relation to this server idea I won’t say I disagree, becuase its true bb -> misslies are the best show of skill. However I won’t say I fully support it because other weapons and sheilds and fuel are what make Scorched, well.. Scorched. Its just how the game is played.

My second item I wish to commet on is this jesture of the game being luck. People winning games are just lucky? Maybe, but does that mean they any less deserve to win? Heres a little reality check – SKILL is Ability + Luck. The peers of a game can easily prevent someone from showing a person on the top 10. Targeting the individual and preventing that person from making kills. It takes them skill and some luck to survive and still make it to the top. It also goes the other way around, when people are not shot.

Some newb wins the game by 2 round wins and -1 kills becuase every other time people kill each other off first… does this mean he should not win? NO. Dont punish that person because everyone else in the game was too concerned about others. If they did not want the newb to win they should have targeted him.

All in all, if you want to see some illustration of skill from a baby missile – missile server, I understand why. But I dont see the point of bickering over money or luck, because IMO these problems all arise out of what the user does wrong – and we’re the users.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.