This topic contains 20 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  jdog 11 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Bobirov
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Not sure about adding them to the scorched3d CVS, unless you are starting a new CVS project. Perhaps using the file release system on sourceforge would be better (although more time consuming).

I can’t just create a new ‘devbuild’ module under the scorched3d project tree (like scorchedstats is)? It would just contain the compressed executable and a readme file with some basic instructions and the build date? It is still relying on the user to get all the data files from the main scorched3d module via CVS. This is basically the same thing I was doing with the mod folks before, except the executable is distributed via CVS instead of my web host. I don’t really see a problem there but, then again, its your baby. And I, for one, am not one to tell you how to raise your child.. 😉

If that is not cool, I’ll just add the module to our scorched3d-mods project we have going. It doesn’t really matter where its at to me, I just want both the ease and semi-newb-filtering capabilities of CVS. Not only would it be easier for me, but checking for updates would be easier to. You wouldn’t even have to consult the post to see if its updated, you just check for an updated build and it either downloads the newer build or it doesn’t. If it does download a newer build, you’ll have the build date right there with it so you can check-out the data directory of the scorched3d module, without ever having to consult the post.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

I guess a new section would be ok, my only concern is that CVS is not very good at storing binaries and the repository size may grow quite large. We can always try it and see what happens.

Bobirov
    Participant

I’m sure you’re right there. I suppose I’ll have to be a bit more restrictive in the builds I post. Once a week might be a tad over-ambitious. But, as long as it is updated with any regularity I’m sure the Windows modding community folks will be happy.. 🙂

Again, if you’d like, I can use our scorched3d-mods repository. So far all it contains are major releases of Apoc and cbx’s tank models. Otherwise I will work on getting a build commited and the new private forum post up tonight.

BOY
    Participant

Im useless as always in matters of technical knowledge, but i can say from a practical point of view, it does not matter to me, as a “moderator” where I can find the build. The windows geeks who are the ones mostly involved here (shockwave is halfway out) should have no problem using the new scorched3d mods project. (i have yet to get anything uploaded though)

I’d just as soon see it there, updating CVS then getting a secondary upload for the build proved to be a simple task, thanks to Bobirov.

an all-in-one CVS update would of course be nice I suppose.

I’m so thrilled at starting the whole thing, that my excitement might be messing with my head though, not sure.

cbx550f
    Participant

Re: Memory leak:

as cbx noted, It seems to be ok on linux

Actually, I did get that in Linux – I think I simple hadn’t run the game long enough for it to appear (may be fixed now, I dunno)

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

Re: Memory leak:

as cbx noted, It seems to be ok on linux

Actually, I did get that in Linux – I think I simple hadn’t run the game long enough for it to appear (may be fixed now, I dunno)

Its fixed.

jdog
    Participant

😀 😀 😀 😀 Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Thanks Gavin. 😀 😀 😀 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.