This topic contains 63 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Jeronimo 3 years, 12 months ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #65795

    zombie
    Participant

    Politics in most democracy will remain servent of rich because of single fact….. multimillion dollars election campaign. Which r funded by rich and later on this’ kindness’ is traded back in some or other form.

    #65796

    Rommel
    Participant

    Good Morning PeanutsRevenge, et alia :

    Considering your final statement, I won’t comment
    more on this except to say, when we can no longer
    support those that can no longer support themselves,
    we must eliminate them quickly and without warning.

    @peanutsrevenge wrote:

    I disagree.
    We all need MORE factories where the robots do the work,
    more automated cafes, shops, offices etc, then the people
    will be freed up to do what they’re good at and enjoy rather
    than what they can get hired to do.

    Ofcourse, for such things to work, we have to force these
    changes, the “ruling class” will not want to give up their
    wealth and power over people, they’ll never want to be
    considered EQUAL to everyone else despite being no
    better or worse than their fellow man.

    A starving person is very difficult (if not
    impossible) to control, no matter what
    the threat to their bodies or freedoms.

    Even more difficult to control than a
    starving individual, is a starving mob.

    Best wishes to all,

    Rommel

    #65797

    Rommel
    Participant

    Hi Zombie :

    True democracy is nothing more than mob rule.
    We tried to establish a Democratic Republic.

    @zombie wrote:

    Dear PR by this standard no democracy in
    world is true democracy.

    In other words, a democratically elected group of
    rulers that would rule on behalf of the nation as a
    whole, instead of the dictates of the largest group.

    It was a good idea but like many other good ideas,
    implementation has proven to be very difficult.

    Take care,

    Rommel

    #65798

    Rommel
    Participant

    Hi POM :

    Although I have not felt any pain from the sequester and
    subsequent government shutdown, I’m fairly sure that I’ve
    been affected. If any of our neighbors have been harmed,
    those that remain unharmed will pay the costs incurred.
    @pastor of muppets wrote:

    Well so far the “government shutdown” has affected me
    not one ioda. I’m glad to see both sides standing up for
    what they believe in instead of being spineless. It will all
    work out in the end and hopefully the voice of the people
    will be heard and acted on.

    Well not everyone, of course. The rich, those making more
    than $ 500,000 per year (using John McCanes defintion)
    will most likely remain (un)fairly well sheilded from any pain.


      All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one
      man dies, one chapter is not torn out of the book, but
      translated into a better language; and every chapter must
      be so translated…As therefore the bell that rings to a
      sermon, calls not upon the preacher only, but upon the
      congregation to come: so this bell calls us all: but how
      much more me, who am brought so near the door by this
      sickness….No man is an island, entire of itself…any man’s
      death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind;
      and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
      it tolls for thee. – John Donne – 1624

    That’s just the way it is.

    Best Wishes,

    Rommel

    #65799

    PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

    @armorwraith wrote:

    The whole world will burn over this. Our influence, financially speaking, is vast. It reminds me of Rome before the collapse. We simply got too big, and ignored our real issues until it was too late.
    Armor

    The British Empire is the most recent example. Elitist believed they had sufficient power to ignore and if necessary put down any uprisings.
    In the end, as we know, many Countries won their freedom through rioting, violence, non-violence, whatever worked for them.

    There are many similarities between the current expanding American empire and the British Empire.

    @zombie wrote:

    Dear PR by this standard no democracy in world is true democracy. We at India r seeing multi party system, but that is not good either. Politicians here r more greedy and heartless. Such a large country like U.S. is best managed by two party system. Otherwise there will be many regional parties like in India, who have very short sighted vision at national level. Off course all the human weakness always govern the rulers from eternity. Still counter check system is good in America.

    Pretty much, yea.
    Need to remember, the people to fight to the top of the power tree are those that fight the dirty fights, ask for favours (which get called in later), stamp on others and do whatever is in THEIR interests. These things don’t change when they reach the top, I believe it gets worse the higher up they climb.

    @zombie wrote:

    Politics in most democracy will remain servant of rich because of single fact….. multimillion dollars election campaign. Which r funded by rich and later on this’ kindness’ is traded back in some or other form.

    So you do understand 😉

    #65800

    Chopper
    Participant

    one of the problems is the wild spending by the current administration.

    Mr Obama spent more in 1 year than Bush 2 did in 8 years.

    In our system the congress controls the purse strings but the executive branch had his way when the democrats had control for the first two years. After he lost the majority in the house…we now have what we have.

    #65801

    PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

    @chopper wrote:

    one of the problems is the wild spending by the current administration.

    Mr Obama spent more in 1 year than Bush 2 did in 8 years.

    In our system the congress controls the purse strings but the executive branch had his way when the democrats had control for the first two years. After he lost the majority in the house…we now have what we have.

    Which is why the debt limit should not be raised IMO.

    I do love the way the Democrates are harping on that without a raise to the limit, they’ll default on their debts, which is complete crap. The debts can still be paid, just gotta start spending within their means (like stop spying on their citizens and international governments. Perhaps spy on their own bankers maybe and certainly stop preping the police for martial law (wtf do the police need tanks for?)).
    There’s no chance they’ll default, that would be a terrible idea, yet the media keep repeating that crap.

    #65802

    Rommel
    Participant

    Hi Chopper :

    I haven’t researched this but … Sounds like I’m going to
    tell a lie, huh ? No crap, … That’s no better. In any case
    you have been warned that I have not investigated this :

    @chopper wrote:

    one of the problems is the wild spending by the current administration.

    Mr Obama spent more in 1 year than Bush 2 did in 8 years.

    If memory serves me correctly, President Obama claimed that
    President Bush had waged war for nearly his entire 8 years
    without putting the cost on the books.

    This sounds difficult to slip by the Government Accounting
    Office. Then again, the phone companies violated the law
    and our Constitutional right to privacy based on his
    assertation that he was a “War President”.

    President Obama then went on to claim that one of the
    causes for the huge spike in spending during his first
    term was because he had to add our previous war costs
    (under President Bush) to the balance sheet.

    ==========================================

    It sounds very easy to solve the problem with spending,
    until you start to consider the places not likely to be cut.

    Corporate welfare – We’ll move.
    Welfare for the Rich – NEVER !
    Defense and Pentagon – Dallas, Texas … er, Raise Taxes.

      Goldman Sachs and many other corporations pay
      little or no taxes at all and prosper at our expense.

      Mit Romeny, pays a smaller percent in taxes than
      an adult working a slave wage job with no future.

      Cruise missles cost about $1,000,000 each to
      fire and we fire them every chance we get.

    If it’s time for austerity, then surely those that
    profit the most off our nation’s existance, should
    pony up to the bar and give till it hurts. After all,
    their kids aren’t killing and being killed on their
    behalf, it’s the poor kids, trying to get a break.

    Anyway … No cash withdrawl on food stamps
    seems mandatory and can be implented today.

    If they want money for beer, cigarettes and lottery
    tickets, they can rake leaves this time of year.

    In the Democracy of ancient Greece, any “Citizen””
    could propose a law. If it was passed but later
    found to be so badly flawed that it had to be
    repealed, you were killed for the bad proposal.

    Funny stuff …

    With our vast communication networks, everyone has
    access to more wisdom that all the Kings from history.

    Ignorance can no longer be accepted as an excuse for
    failure. Thus, perhaps we should consider passing a law
    allowing us to kill all those that vote to pass laws on the
    populous without giving them proper consideration.

    Reading and understanding every word on every page of
    every bill put before them does not seem like much to ask.

    About the Welfare System and the cost incurred :

    Social programs need to be scruntized but not
    eliminated. Chaos would errupt, everywhere.

    As long as the cost of keeping people at home, watching
    TV and eating substandard food is less than the cost of
    trying to police nation wide riots, rampant looting and
    murders, we can’t afford not to pay people to stay at
    home and stay out of trouble. Sad but true.

    Jobs, jobs, jobs ! No, not Steve Jobs … Good jobs !

    Good pay, good benefits, a house, a wife at home, a
    couple of kids. Cash in your pocket, cash in the bank.

    Life is good.

    Maybe it’s only yesterday …

    Best wishes,

    Rommel

      Edit # 1 : Corrected – Goldman Sacks ( for Deathbal ).
      Edit # 2 : Added color emphasis and indentation on edit section.
    #65803

    PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

    A rather scathing article on (what’s reported to be the reason for this budget dispute) Obamacare:

    It’s a Rommel post length article, so only bother if you have time:

    http://www.blacklistednews.com/Obamacare_Is_Either_The_Product_Of_Mentally_Retarded_Criminals_Or_A_Conspiracy_To_Destroy_The_American_Healthcare_System/29603/0/37/37/Y/M.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

    #65804

    pastor of muppets
    Participant

    I know my insurance premiums and deductibles increase next year. Golly jeepers I never saw that coming. Oh wait yes I did.

    People who are sheep need a shepherd, people who are wolves will prey on those sheep, the sheep are the “liberal voters” the shepherds are the “liberal politicians’ pretty sure the wolf should not be the shepherd but who am I to judge. People who are conservatives are like a wild deer who needs not a care taker nor prey we live for ourselves, provide for ourselves and flee or fight when we sense danger.

    #65805

    Rommel
    Participant

    Top of the Day to You PeanutsRevenge :

    That article on Health care was indeed scathing. However, it
    seemed to be void of any real substance or thought. Just the
    Fox News talking points that fail to address anything that goes
    against their, apparently, previously predetermined postions.

    Venezuela, although being led by a ruthless dictator (so they said)
    provided better health care for her people, than we do for ours.

    When I was younger, car insurance was a real bummer due to
    many tickets and a couple of wrecks. There was no law at that
    time forcing me to buy car insurance. However, in spite of the
    outlandish cost, I felt that I couldn’t afford to be without it.

    It was the same for health and life insurance. It’s part of the
    Citizenship package. Be a good neighbor and buy insurance so
    your neighbor isn’t forced to pay the bills you can’t afford.

    Now, although it is mandatory to have car insurance, a great
    many drunks and/or bums drive without it. If they hit someone,
    there is no way to recover anything from them in many cases.

    I think mandatory car insurance is a good thing and that those
    caught driving without it should forefiet the car instead of
    simply being fined $ 10.00 and allowed to keep on driving.

    No teeth in the enforcement results in lower complience.

    @peanutsrevenge wrote:

    A rather scathing article on (what’s reported to be the
    reason for this budget dispute) Obamacare:

    It’s a Rommel post length article, so only bother if you have time:

    http://www.blacklistednews.com/Obamacare_Is_Either_The_Product_Of_Mentally_Retarded_Criminals_Or_A_Conspiracy_To_Destroy_The_American_Healthcare_System/29603/0/37/37/Y/M.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

    My posts aren’t as long as they use to be,
    I just format them so that they look long.

    That reminds me … My post isn’t much bigger
    around than a Foster’s can but it sure is long!

    Best wishes,

    Rommel

      P.S. – Just for laughs (Jeronimo, Jeronimo, wherefore art thou?) :

      I’m surprised that Fox News isn’t running with this short video exposing
      Barrak Hussein (AKA- Barry, AKA – No Drama) Obama’s true Identity.

      Recent Edit : I posted the wrong link. It is now correct.

    #65806

    Rommel
    Participant

    Hi POM :

    Your premiums were going up all the same. The illegal aliens that
    low life employers are working in our country are bleeding us dry in
    emergency room visits and bastard births alone. Then there are the
    serious cases that have to be treated if they make it to the door.

    If $ 10,000 per day is an acceptable figure, for intensive or monitored
    care, then you can easily see that an indigent patient that stays for
    30 days, removes $300,000 from the local economy. Note : This is a
    single patient and pertains only to the hospital charges. There will be
    additional charges for additional services.

    Those of us that legally reside here and pay our own way, absorb the
    costs from the health care system in one way or another. We are the
    only valid resource. The CEO’s don’t care anymore about ilegal aleins
    than the employers. Thus it is unreasonable to expect them to take a
    lower salary to help ease the burden (see : hospital CEO salary).

      Our hospital CEO makes $ 1.25 Million per year. In a
      city 30 miles away, the hospital CEO only makes
      $ 750,000 per year. You know he wants a raise.

    We can either kill them or treat them. If we treat them, then we
    must pay the costs incurred. It sounds like you’d like to kill them.

    Now that’s some funny stuff right there … Larry the Cable Guy.

    Best wishes,

    Rommel

    #65807

    PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

    @rommel wrote:

    Top of the Day to You PeanutsRevenge :

    That article on Health care was indeed scathing. However, it
    seemed to be void of any real substance or thought. Just the
    Fox News talking points that fail to address anything that goes
    against their, apparently, previously predetermined postions.

    Venezuela, although being led by a ruthless dictator (so they said)
    provided better health care for her people, than we do for ours.

    When I was younger, car insurance was a real bummer due to
    many tickets and a couple of wrecks. There was no law at that
    time forcing me to buy car insurance. However, in spite of the
    outlandish cost, I felt that I couldn’t afford to be without it.

    It was the same for health and life insurance. It’s part of the
    Citizenship package. Be a good neighbor and buy insurance so
    your neighbor isn’t forced to pay the bills you can’t afford.

    Now, although it is mandatory to have car insurance, a great
    many drunks and/or bums drive without it. If they hit someone,
    there is no way to recover anything from them in many cases.

    I think mandatory car insurance is a good thing and that those
    caught driving without it should forefiet the car instead of
    simply being fined $ 10.00 and allowed to keep on driving.

    No teeth in the enforcement results in lower complience.

    @peanutsrevenge wrote:

    A rather scathing article on (what’s reported to be the
    reason for this budget dispute) Obamacare:

    It’s a Rommel post length article, so only bother if you have time:

    http://www.blacklistednews.com/Obamacare_Is_Either_The_Product_Of_Mentally_Retarded_Criminals_Or_A_Conspiracy_To_Destroy_The_American_Healthcare_System/29603/0/37/37/Y/M.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

    My posts aren’t as long as they use to be,
    I just format them so that they look long.

    That reminds me … My post isn’t much bigger
    around than a Foster’s can but it sure is long!

    Best wishes,

    Rommel

      P.S. – Just for laughs (Jeronimo, Jeronimo, wherefore art thou?) :

      I’m surprised that Fox News isn’t running with this short video exposing
      Barrak Hussein (AKA- Barry, AKA – No Drama) Obama’s true Identity.

      Recent Edit : I posted the wrong link. It is now correct.

    My comments to my linked article (can check source yourselves if you wish):

    peanutsrevenge • 7 hours ago
    Being a Brit, this whole thing completely bemuses me.
    We have universal healthcare. Everyone (that earns over X amount) pays a percentage of their income for ‘NI – National Insurance’. If you’re sick, injured, ill, diagnosed with something, you go and get medical attention and it cost nothing more.

    If you’d like a private room, to be seen quicker etc.. you can take private medical insurance ontop of N.I. for all the frills on top of being taken care of.

    However, we also HAVE to take insurance on our cars for them to be legal. Doesn’t have to be all whistles and bells, can just cover the other party should it be your error, but we can get better insurance to cover our car’s/injuries etc…
    Works well here, I’ve always had really good care in our ‘National Health Service’ and only a couple of people I know complain about their treatment, they’re the kind of people that complain their sheets aren’t silk and they pay too much N.I.

    To which there was a reply:
    Steveng peanutsrevenge • 4 hours ago −
    But you are not forced to use it.

    peanutsrevenge Steveng • 36 minutes ago −
    We’re forced to pay National Insurance and we’re forced to have car insurance (should we choose to have a car). The car insurance (3rd party minimum) I fully agree with. Can harm others and/or their property with a car and you should have the means to right that wrong immediately.
    However, we’re not forced to have a car.

    The biggest difference here, which I initially thought was the intention there, that those who can’t afford medical care don’t have to pay for it (at least until they’re able to pay a share). There it seems to be a new tax on everyone, including the poor.
    I heard today that the cheapest insurance will be $100 and that was meant to be really good. My jaw dropped at that!

    #65808

    PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

    @rommel wrote:

    Hi POM :

    Your premiums were going up all the same. The illegal aliens that
    low life employers are working in our country are bleeding us dry in
    emergency room visits and bastard births alone. Then there are the
    serious cases that have to be treated if they make it to the door.

    If $ 10,000 per day is an acceptable figure, for intensive or monitored
    care, then you can easily see that an indigent patient that stays for
    30 days, removes $300,000 from the local economy. Note : This is a
    single patient and pertains only to the hospital charges. There will be
    additional charges for additional services.

    Those of us that legally reside here and pay our own way, absorb the
    costs from the health care system in one way or another. We are the
    only valid resource. The CEO’s don’t care anymore about ilegal aleins
    than the employers. Thus it is unreasonable to expect them to take a
    lower salary to help ease the burden (see : hospital CEO salary).

      Our hospital CEO makes $ 1.25 Million per year. In a
      city 30 miles away, the hospital CEO only makes
      $ 750,000 per year. You know he wants a raise.

    We can either kill them or treat them. If we treat them, then we
    must pay the costs incurred. It sounds like you’d like to kill them.

    Now that’s some funny stuff right there … Larry the Cable Guy.

    Best wishes,

    Rommel

    Not sure I’d pegged you as a regurgitator of bullshit before Rommel, just a gurgitator.

    #65809

    Rommel
    Participant

    Hi Again :

    If you would be so kind as to point out the part(s) you
    found disturbing, I’ll try to explain myself a little better.

    @peanutsrevenge wrote:

    Not sure I’d pegged you as a regurgitator of
    bullshit before Rommel, just a gurgitator.

    Hopefully it wasn’t the part about our local medical center
    CEO making $ 1.25 million per year. If so, please keep in
    mind that $ 24,000 per week doesn’t go as far as it did a
    few years ago. The poor man has to drive 5 miles just to
    get to work and gasoline dosen’t seem to be going down.

    The CEO for Northwestern Memorial Hospital (Chicago),
    # 20 Dean Harrison was getting $ 9.72 million per year in
    2010 or almost $ 187,000 per week.

    That’s over $ 37,000 per day on a 5 day week.
    More than many working people make in a year.

    Waiting,

    Rommel

      P.S. – I had to know how the numbers shook out …

      Mr. Harrison makes aproximaately :
      $ 1.30 per second or
      $ 78.00 per minute or
      $ 4,680 per hour – based on a 40 hour work week.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.