This topic contains 63 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Jeronimo 4 years ago.

• Author

Rommel
    Participant

Hi PeanutsRevenge :

Selling processed goods using our almost freely
    aquirred wealth of land and natural resources,
    along with the availibilty of free or nearly free
    labor were major keys to our rapid climb.

Out sourcing ( Thanks Mitt ! ) has been a terrible
    blow to our economy and seems likely to continue.

At least until we become so over burdened by the
    few supporting the many, that the many can no
    longer be supported. That seems to be our most
    pressing issue at hand. This is something that our
    Congress is deciding now. What happens then ?

We need not be too concerned with Syria, Iran,
    Libya, or even Egypt at the moment. And above
    all else, we don’t want to upset the Germans.

They don’t play silly games with fools. Give
    them their gold and wish them well with it.
    Then again, world wars with Germany have
    proved to be profitable to us in the past.

May the force be with you, young Jedi.
    Forty years from now, I won’t even be
    fit for the worms.

Sincerely,

Rommel

Hyde911
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

Hi PeanutsRevenge :

Selling processed goods using our almost freely
    aquirred wealth of land and natural resources,
    along with the availibilty of free or nearly free
    labor were major keys to our rapid climb.

Out sourcing ( Thanks Mitt ! ) has been a terrible
    blow to our economy and seems likely to continue.

There is remedy for out sourcing – innovation. Create thing that cannot be produced elsewhere and make money from it before others get how-to.
    You’ve been most innovative economy in the world for many years. You still are (especially in IT sector) but world is catching up with you.

Chopper
    Participant

Unions and their intransigence are part of our problems.
    Notice how Toyota, BMW, Nissan, Kia and others come to the
    southern US , no unions and huge tax benefits.

Our unionized Ford, GM and Chrysler companies have to go to mexico because of their legacy costs. What’s wrong with that picture?

True a world economy has sure changed the times. We should innovate and do things others can’t do. But we will have to do better in our schools, our social fabric and somehow instill in coming generations what AW grew up with. Character doesn’t just happen.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

I don’t even understand how you open OR close a massive hole in the ground?
    We used to joke as security at Stonehenge to visitors that were too early that the stones were still being unpacked, but that was a joke.

Grand Canyon Park Police Arrest Visitors – Protestors Rally

zombie
    Participant

America is great country and biggest democracy. In my opinion it is temporary storm that will pass off with time. Off course Geopolitical and economic world is changing, which is needed to understand and adjusted upon. Your political and government system still works properly and accountable. In brief can any body tell about Obamacare, what it meant to common citizens.

zombie
    Participant

America prospered post second world war because of few reasons. Whole Europe and half of Asia was devastated in war. Rest of old world was fighting to get free from European colonial powers. The big country like America with abundant natural resources, proper governance and hard working citizens with almost no competition in any field led tp phenomenal growth. Now other country is catching up and citizens of America have become cozy 🙂 , that’s why outsourcing is needed.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@zombie wrote:

America is great country and biggest democracy. In my opinion it is temporary storm that will pass off with time. Off course Geopolitical and economic world is changing, which is needed to understand and adjusted upon. Your political and government system still works properly and accountable. In brief can any body tell about Obamacare, what it meant to common citizens.

Democracy?
    Hardly.

The faces that people are allowed to vote for are put there by the wealthy and powerful. They’re the ones that choose who can be voted for (for the two main parties).

If a decision is to be made that will effect these people negatively, they threaten to withdraw their funding, so the major decisions are dictated by a few people that can’t be voted in or out.
    That’s not a democracy!

The current situation is pretty poor though, both sides are playing with the lives of the countries citizens for political gain, forcing many businesses to close down, people out of their own homes and likely making people go without food.

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Hyde911 :

If we submit a patent application, we are
    likely to find our invention being sold on
    the Internet before we receive our patent.

Sad but true …

@hyde911 wrote:

There is remedy for out sourcing – innovation. Create
    thing that cannot be produced elsewhere and make
    money from it before others get how-to. You’ve been
    most innovative economy in the world for many years.
    You still are (especially in IT sector) but world is
    catching up with you.

Many of those that have made great inovations, are
    not producing their products here. (see : Apple)

Our (the peoples) problem is not a lack of marketable
    products. The peoples problem is that jpbs paying slave
    wages are readibly availabe to those that are forced to
    take them, both here and off shore.

Until our people are willing to live in dormatories,
    inside the factory complex and work for little more
    than room and board. Factories aren’t going to be
    built here. Everyone can’t be a doctor, lawyer, etc.

In fact, we need a great many highly labor intensive
    factories (not robotic assembly plants) just to get
    back to a normal level of employment.

Thanks for the positive waves,

Rommel

Rommel
    Participant

Hi PeanutsRevenge :

Indeed sir, indeed. You speak much truth for
    one looking in from outside our little bubble.

About the food … Food stamp cards were
    not functioning in 17 states yesterday.
    (see : food stamps 17 states)

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

Democracy?
    Hardly.

Saturday is our primary shopping day.
    Funny stuff eh?

All is well today it seems. Free food !

By the way, digital cash (credits) only take
    an instant to freeze or eliminate. Those least
    likely able to afford the hit (if history counts)
    seem to be those most likely to feel the pain.

Best wishes to all,

Rommel

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

In fact, we need a great many highly labor intensive
    factories (not robotic assembly plants) just to get
    back to a normal level of employment.

Rommel

I disagree.
    We all need MORE factories where the robots do the work, more automated cafes, shops, offices etc, then the people will be freed up to do what they’re good at and enjoy rather than what they can get hired to do.
    We need corporations, executives, share holders and banks to become a thing of the past. Shareholders and banks are the Leeches that have put us in this position. What exactly do such people and entities do for society, what do they produce, how do they improve others peoples lives and the well-being of the planet we depend on for survival?

When the mundane work is automated, the “price” of everything will plummet to the point we no longer need money. They’ll still be “jobs” that will need to be done, but I’m sure they’ll be plenty of people that will happily perform such roles for a few hours per week to give them something to do, others will invent things, refine them, create arts, enhance our understanding.

Ofcourse, for such things to work, we have to force these changes, the “ruling class” will not want to give up their wealth and power over people, they’ll never want to be considered EQUAL to everyone else despite being no better or worse than their fellow man.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

Hi PeanutsRevenge :

Indeed sir, indeed. You speak much truth for
    one looking in from outside our little bubble.

About the food … Food stamp cards were
    not functioning in 17 states yesterday.
    (see : food stamps 17 states)

Whatever happens over there, we quickly follow. Whether it’s culture and art, political direction, economic stability, hell even the weather heads this way quite often.
    The Dollar has such a strong influence in the world at the moment, it’s a good idea to keep en eye our cross-pond cousins. Plus, there are many over there I consider to be friends, Americans on an individual level are generally good people. It’s those who dictate the actions of the country as a whole that are corrupt, selfish and could be considered evil in some cases.

I’m aware of the food-stamp card situation. It’s apparently a ‘glitch’, which may well be true, if it is (due to/while the systems were being tested), then Xerox have a fair bit to answer for.
    @rommel wrote:

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

Democracy?
    Hardly.

Saturday is our primary shopping day.
    Funny stuff eh?

All is well today it seems. Free food !

By the way, digital cash (credits) only take
    an instant to freeze or eliminate. Those least
    likely able to afford the hit (if history counts)
    seem to be those most likely to feel the pain.
    Best wishes to all,

Rommel

That seems to be the democrats goal throughout this ‘government shutdown’, punish the people of the country and spend more money denying access to services and locations than it costs to just let them be, in the name of not spending money.

Yet it seems, according to opinion polls, that the people are blaming the Republicans for this injustice. I guess the democrats are better at manipulation of the mass media than their opponents (I follow alternative media sources).

My fear is what’s planned to blame the impending stock market crash on this time? How many acts of terrorism can be carried out on a countries own people before a sufficient number of people realise what’s going on without questioning their sanity.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

That seems to be the democrats goal throughout this ‘government shutdown’, punish the people of the country and spend more money denying access to services and locations than it costs to just let them be, in the name of not spending money.

Isn’t that their traditional stance on issues? Spend more money to solve the problem? No surprises there. Its always the people that pay.

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

Yet it seems, according to opinion polls, that the people are blaming the Republicans for this injustice. I guess the democrats are better at manipulation of the mass media than their opponents (I follow alternative media sources).

When you control academia, the media, and the government, what else would the polls say? Not to mention I don’t know a single teacher that has not been a liberal. The people are raised to blame the Republicans, its the default choice. Students coming out of school automatically define themselves as “liberal” because they are introduced to old world liberalism such as John Locke. The schools don’t bother to explain the new world liberal is the reverse. Don’t construe this as I am a Republican, I hate two party systems. I was just born in a time where this stupidity has been allowed.

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

My fear is what’s planned to blame the impending stock market crash on this time? How many acts of terrorism can be carried out on a countries own people before a sufficient number of people realise what’s going on without questioning their sanity.

Can they put their vested self-interest aside for that long? A large majority of Americans depend on the system. Poor today means ample food, a video game console, and a nice car. I can’t tell you how many times I have seen people who are “needy” buy chips pop and candy on the “guvment” stamps. Then walk in twenty minutes later and buy steaks and booze. The fraud in the system is rampant, I used to see it every day when I worked in the service industry. It would take a major effort to even get off the X-boxes, PlayStations, and Internet. Why work when you don’t have to? Why does America have an obesity problem? A majority sit on their asses, funded by good old Uncle Sam. Welfare is and always has been the narcotic of the people, it spells the end of fiscal responsibility. People will always vote for freebies.

There will probably be a small revolution, people that have long suffered the abuse. Others will simply retire, the older generation is simply tired out. I doubt they have any real chance of winning this fight, it will be business as usual after they call in the new order of brown shirts. Our ‘police’ over here drive around

MRAPS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MRAP)
    http://raymondpronk.wordpress.com/2013/03/25/department-of-homeland-security-mobilizes-for-war-against-american-people-buys-2717-mine-resistent-ambush-protected-mrap-vehicles-videos/

and have assault class weapons with high-grade magazines, weapons we gave them mind you. Ballistics gear, and now drones. We aren’t free. We’re a bloody mess waiting to happen.

The whole world will burn over this. Our influence, financially speaking, is vast. It reminds me of Rome before the collapse. We simply got too big, and ignored our real issues until it was too late.

Armor

zombie
    Participant

Well, I still feel America is great democracy, if you wish to visit any gulf country off course, not any third world country. Your God, the capitalism is now shaking you because you r of less value / profit . I agree by innovation you can remain leader . But again for that students have to work very hard, because others r catching up very fast.

zombie
    Participant

Dear PR by this standard no democracy in world is true democracy. We at India r seeing multi party system, but that is not good either. Politicians here r more greedy and heartless. Such a large country like U.S. is best managed by two party system. Otherwise there will be many regional parties like in India, who have very short sighted vision at national level. Off course all the human weakness always govern the rulers from eternity. Still counter check system is good in America.

pastor of muppets
    Participant

Well so far the “government shutdown” has affected me not one ioda. I’m glad to see both sides standing up for what they believe in instead of being spineless. It will all work out in the end and hopefully the voice of the people will be heard and acted on.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.