This topic contains 63 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Jeronimo 3 years, 12 months ago.

• Author

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

This is laughable.
    National park service close privately run businesses because they “it doesn’t have the money, manpower or authority to let them operate”

Got to admire how little politicians actually give a crap about the people that ‘vote them in’.

EDIT:
    Washington Times

Edit 2:

Okay, this is just stupid.
    againstcronycapitalism

Chopper
    Participant

The press picks up on the most visible, heart wrenching things to
    talk about. Reality is its only about 17% of our budget but still ALOT of money when you’re talking a budget of 3.6 trillion dollars.

“Based on estimates drawn from CBO and OMB data, 83 percent of government operations will continue. This figure assumes that the government pays amounts due on appropriations obligated before the shutdown ($512 billion), spends $225 billion on exempted military and civilian personnel, pays entitlement benefits for those found eligible before the shutdown (about $2 trillion), and pays interest costs when due ($237 billion). This is about 83 percent of projected 2014 spending of $3.6 trillion.” – http://washingtonexaminer.com/wheres-sense-of-crisis-in-a-17-government-shutdown/article/2536862

I also found this very eye opening when it comes to a million, billion (one thousand million), trillion (one thousand billion) we tend to get a little numb.

“A billion here and a billion there and pretty soon you’re talking about real money.” -Senator Everett Dirksen – 1896~1969

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

I’ve seen that first image a few times recently 🙂

It’s a good job the world went with the European Billion. The British Billion would have required a bigger picture.
    A British Billion’s 1,000,000,000,000 (A million million) 🙂

Hyde911
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

It’s a good job the world went with the European Billion.

There is no such thing.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@hyde911 wrote:

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

It’s a good job the world went with the European Billion.

There is no such thing.

Whatever

Chopper
    Participant

Like I said, we’ve all become so numb to the numbers.

In fact if you reread my earlier post….2 trillion of that money that will be paid even though the government is shut down is for
    entitlements . That’s, along with the 237 Billion in interest (to the Chinese?), what breaking the back of this country.

Anyway the billion , 10 pallets of 100 million, is kind of a “meh”.
    But when you see a thousand pallets of 100 million…OMFG.

Understand we’re a country of only 313.9 million people.
    Those of us that DO work and pay taxes can never pay this down.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@chopper wrote:

Like I said, we’ve all become so numb to the numbers.

In fact if you reread my earlier post….2 trillion of that money that will be paid even though the government is shut down is for
    entitlements . That’s, along with the 237 Billion in interest (to the Chinese?), what breaking the back of this country.

Anyway the billion , 10 pallets of 100 million, is kind of a “meh”.
    But when you see a thousand pallets of 100 million…OMFG.

Understand we’re a country of only 313.9 million people.
    Those of us that DO work and pay taxes can never pay this down.

Of course not, when every dollar printed has a debt attached to it.
    I’m very interested to see what’s going to be happening over there in the next 5 years. Something’s gotta snap.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

Something’s gotta snap.

Try the hardworking people who never agreed to stupidity?

Armor

Chopper
    Participant

You know what AW, I’m 62…..been working since I was 14.
    My Mom was a widower thanks to the Korean war and a Mig that shot down My Dad’s B-29. So, if I wanted anything I pretty much had to work. In fact, mowed yards before I was 14.

I’m tired now and I’m going to hand it off to you.
    Filing Social Security while I still can. 😉

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Yeap. My dad pretty much made us work from the age of 5. I used to be out daily with a hatchet, chopping down a stump he was too cheap to get removed. After that it was digging out walls for foundation repairs, then building a deck. Then it went straight to mowing lawns. I loved every minute of it, just something about doing it yourself.

Seems everyone is ditching the boat. This ship is sinking fast.

Armor

Hyde911
    Participant

@armorwraith wrote:

Armor

The world wont let you drown because if you go down everybody will. China will buy your debt because it doesn’t have a choice. I’d say your debt is Chinese headache.
    Nevertheless it’s hard to believe that less than 15 years ago you had balanced budget.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@hyde911 wrote:

@armorwraith wrote:

Armor

The world wont let you drown because if you go down everybody will. China will buy your debt because it doesn’t have a choice. I’d say your debt is Chinese headache.
    Nevertheless it’s hard to believe that less than 15 years ago you had balanced budget.

That’s not what I’m seeing. I’m seeing China trying to stop the dollar being the international currency, which is big reason why the world in such a bad state.

The regime that currently exists in the states needs to fall and the quicker the better IMO. It’s going to be ugly, people are going to die and those that don’t will have their lives completely turned on their head. However it’s going to happen some time. The system of separating the ‘elite’ from everyone else with those people doing whatever the hell they want HAS TO END.

I just hope that from the ashes of the now corrupt capitalist system rises a fair system for all people around the world where the resources of the planet are distributed evenly and sustainably.

I’d have thought that the current empire builders would have realised from history that such things fall apart every single time when it becomes about the empire rather than the people.

Rommel
    Participant

Good Day All :

PeanutsRevenge is correct about the move away from the
    dollar as the World Reserve Currency (WRC). At first, it
    appears that the new WRC will be a basket of the world’s
    most valued currencies (IOUs). This basket will contain a
    good percentage of dollars. This gives China the means to
    unload them without causing a world wide panic. The next
    basket, if it is paper currency, will contain very few dollars.

After that, oil, gas, coal or other energy units, perhaps
    even food and water, seems to be more likely than
    swapping each others worthless gold and paper.

Other than dentistry, electronics and jewerly, gold is of
    little importance. In the grand scheme of things, it has
    no real value as a currency and is highly over rated.

Caveat Emptor,

Rommel

P.S. – To PeanutsRevenge : Good video. Those that get respect in
    this country are generally, only our highly paid professionals.

Note the number of bankers arrested during the banking fiasco.

Note the number of professionals that went to jail over the BP
    Mancondo Well blow out, cover up and destruction of evidence.
    Also note that several workers were killed and many lives ruined.

These things we know now. The future problems caused by
    these greedy bastards may be years in revealing themselves.

On the other side of the coin :

Note our nation wide attacks on our teachers, when it is the
    parents and the flawed systems that they support or ignore
    that are the real problems.

Note our attacks on union workers even though they have
    helped to make us the most productive nation in history.

Funny stuff indeed.

Hyde911
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

@hyde911 wrote:

That’s not what I’m seeing. I’m seeing China trying to stop the dollar being the international currency, which is big reason why the world in such a bad state.

Chinese government will do everything it can to sustain high GDP growth. Otherwise the country will be torn apart pretty soon (or at least the government will be changed). They can’t do that without States buying their goods. That’s they can’t afford to USA Government go bankrupt.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

Note our attacks on union workers even though they have
    helped to make us the most productive nation in history.

The unions had their place a few decades ago, but their use is long past.

Being the biggest, richest country at a time when technology is greatest (til tomorrow) is what’s made you the most productive. in 40 years technology will have moved soo far, we’ll look back at this day and wonder how we were so inefficient.
    Hopefully it won’t be “a nation” at that time though, we’ll have moved to being more worldly aware and co-operative so that America will be the most productive nation in the history of the world (when measured in very specific ways).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.