This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Willis 12 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Gundato
    Participant

Is there a way to create a server, and play on it at the same time?

I have been trying this with a friend, but we find that it doesn’t work quite right. No matter what we do it says that the server is full after I connect to it.

So if somebody has step-by-step instructions, that would be great. So far all I have managed to pull off is a lot of lag (to be expected) and an inability to connect.

Thanks for your time. I have a feeling this will be one of those “Any bigger and it would have bit me” situations, but we have exhausted our brains.

M. O.
    Participant

Are you trying to play on the same machine that the server is on and is the other player on a different machine. what type of connections are you using?

Willis
    Participant

Is there a way to create a server, and play on it at the same time?

When you start scorched and click “Start a multi-player LAN or internet server”, in the preferences do you select the following checkbox:

“Allow ALL other internet users to see and use this server.” ??

If your launching a server and then going back to the join-a-game button and browsing the servers, you need that checkbox marked in order to view it from the list of servers. Otherwise you must, in the same browsing server window, type in your IP address and port number in the “Connect to Name/IP:” input box. Your localhost IP (127.0.0.1) will work too.

No matter what we do it says that the server is full after I connect to it.

What is the maximum number of players allowed? Do you have bots included? (If so, how many?).. Becuase your wanting to play with another person (just 1?) you need 2 slots to be marked for ‘HUMAN’.

Also, somewhat like M.O. asked – is your friend able to connect? Suspecting here that this person is just somewhere over the net right? IE not sitting in the same room as you?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.