This topic contains 13 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  kyzia 13 years ago.

• Author

.–.ShoCkwaVe.–.
    Participant

Ok everyone,

For those who have not seen the latest pic’s of the
    Buildings City maps Project that Bobirov and I have
    been working on in recent weeks here is what you
    may very well see in upcoming version Apoc 2.0

ofcourse, Version 38 scorched will have also have had
    to been released in order to play but, here’s a sneak peek

Please Voice all of your oppinions here because your voice
    is important too.

we hope you like the new look and beleive that it is a new
    and fun addition to the “always” Improved on Scorched3d.

R@p7oR
    Participant

nice,really nice,if you need any help ask me,and i seing some polys that can be saved from the buildings,and maybe you could add streest

Ebonite
    Participant

looking good! should be a lot more fun than just trees.

Deathstryker
    Participant

Any way we will be able to select using the buildings seperately from the Mod? The reason I ask is because I like keeping my Scorched 3D original and I don’t use the Apoc Mod too much but I like the buildings idea.

…OR do the buildings have to be physically placed on a map?

Bobirov
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

Any way we will be able to select using the buildings seperately from the Mod? The reason I ask is because I like keeping my Scorched 3D original and I don’t use the Apoc Mod too much but I like the buildings idea.

The object layouts are stored in the texture definitions. So if you wanted to, it won’t be too hard to just copy/paste the texture definitions that contain cities onto whatever landscapes you want. But I really think you should at least give Apoc 2.0 a try when it comes out. It has a ton of new content and a more polished feel to it, you might like it.. 😛

.–.ShoCkwaVe.–.
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

…OR do the buildings have to be physically placed on a map?

yes you can as Bobirov Mentioned But, I also agree with what bob
    said The Apoc 2.0 “When Released” Will be worth making an
    exception I think Deathstryker … Simply Because the Buildings
    Map Project is only a taste of what Bobirov is cooking up
    I had the privalage to help in other little areas in it and from what I
    saw & heard while doing this I had the feeling that Apoc 2.0 Is going to become a legend !

You may very well see me on apoc server 99% of the time and that says alot considering it took me VERY hard work & a VERY long time
    to crawl up the ladder to rank 17 on gavins server

But I would throw that all away in a heartbeat to get the chance
    to Napalm a Trailor Park or some deer 😈
    also the new weapons & their projectiles will draw people
    in crowds

Yes everyone should not only be looking forward to the release
    of Scorched3d version 38 but more Importantly… Apoc 2.0
    It’s going to be worth calling into work sick for a few days
    and I anticipate the Apoc Server being VERY PACKED.

So to miss out on that would just be foolish

.–.ShoCkwaVe.–.
    Participant

@R@p7oR wrote:

nice,really nice,if you need any help ask me,and i seing some polys that can be saved from the buildings,and maybe you could add streest

Well It’s good of you to offer help..
    I was actually drawn in by luck chance in seeing
    Bobirov online & was lucky enough to have
    been asked to do a projectile for him..
    after that it was 2 weeks of self modivation and ideahs
    but, I am not the one to ask in these matters
    I mearly helped. 🙂

Bobirov is the one you should talk to because
    he is the one who does all the hard work.
    he Codes & places anything he likes in it.

I have seen some of your weapons and projectiles and have to say
    they are good, but Again’ I am not the one making the decisions

But he is always looking for great ideahs and I’m sure he would’nt
    turn away from others contributing to making apoc 2.0

So if you want to contribute my suggestion is to you or anyone!…
    you have to catch him online on the Apoc Newb server
    and ask him

(or) post some great ideahs in his post and follow up daily in it.

(or) send him some of your work and wait for a response =)

Remember though he has final say and has the right to decide
    what he chooses to be in apoc. so dont be disapointed if he does’nt
    like everything you send his way.
    He knows what he is looking for when he sees it
    (in simple terms)

and a few of my weapons & Ideahs got the could shoulder
    but that was to be expected because Im a nut job =) lol

Something to ponder on…

Just think.. if everyone chipped in
    and helped a little in their own way with contributions
    just IMAGINE if you will what scorched would be like?

Deathstryker
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

The object layouts are stored in the texture definitions. So if you wanted to, it won’t be too hard to just copy/paste the texture definitions that contain cities onto whatever landscapes you want. But I really think you should at least give Apoc 2.0 a try when it comes out. It has a ton of new content and a more polished feel to it, you might like it.. 😛

Well I’ll give it a spin. Maybe I will like it. One issue I’m kinda concerned about though is perhaps the poly count that some of these buildings look like they have. I just hope my comp will run alright with them.

@.-*-.ShoCkwaVe.-*-. wrote:

How is a Mod more important than the game it’s running on?

poolee
    Participant

But I would throw that all away in a heartbeat to get the chance
    to Napalm a Trailor Park or some deer 😈

Tell me if I’m as twisted as Shockwave, but wouldn’t it be funny to see deer in some trees hit by a napalm… the trees turn black because they’ve been burnt, but the deer turn into a standing skeletons….

LOL

Maybe it’s just me 😈 ❗

Deathstryker
    Participant

@poolee wrote:

Tell me if I’m as twisted as Shockwave, but wouldn’t it be funny to see deer in some trees hit by a napalm… the trees turn black because they’ve been burnt, but the deer turn into a standing skeletons….

LOL

Maybe it’s just me 😈 ❗

LMAO. That’s so hilarious to think about. 😆

Bobirov
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

Well I’ll give it a spin. Maybe I will like it. One issue I’m kinda concerned about though is perhaps the poly count that some of these buildings look like they have. I just hope my comp will run alright with them.

As I said before, I have seen an upwards of 70,000-75,000 polys on an OFFICIAL landscape with trees enabled. The city layout I have (I have yet to finish the others) runs around 70,000-95,000 polys. So yes the poly count will be somewhat higher than you could see on an official landscape but its not all that much more. Also you have to realize that the particle system is MUCH faster in version 38 so if that is what you are worried about, you probably shouldn’t. I may also go back in and butcher Shock’s models some more to reduce poly count further (I have done so already with some models). But basically anyone who was able to play with trees enabled before should be able to play with buildings on the landscape. And remember, if all else fails and it still runs slow, you can just disable trees and the buildings will disappear as well, they are just cosmetic anyways so no worries.

@deathstryker wrote:

How is a Mod more important than the game it’s running on?

I don’t think he was saying the mod is more important than Scorched 3D, as that is just silly, the mod can’t exist without the game. Rather he was saying that you might have greater anticipation for Apoc 2.0 than for version 38 itself. There is good reason for this as well, there are several changes in version 38 that I specifically requested with the mod in mind (mainly weapons definitions but others as well). There are also many other changes requested by players or otherwise have made there way into v38 that work well with the mod. Many of these new features aren’t even put to use in the official, non-modded v38 release as far as I can tell. So basically the mod is showing off more of what the game is capable of than the official rules themselves. And this, I think, is what ShoCkwaVe was trying to get at. Correct me if I’m wrong here.

Bobirov
    Participant

Okay, I briefly went through and removed some detail from some of the building models to reduce poly counts. In doing so I’ve brought the poly count average down to about 70,000 on the main city map without reducing the amount of buildings. That is right at the high end of what I have seen on official landscapes with trees enabled. So now more than ever I think that if you could play with trees enabled before you’ll be able to play with the building layouts I have.

So I guess we’ll start small here and if things work out okay we can always add in more details later. We shall see.

.–.ShoCkwaVe.–.
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

Ofcourse, Version 38 is going to be what everyone has been waiting for… and I never meant that apoc was more Important

I am just trying to get people to realize that the new apoc 2.0 is
    going to be a great looking mod to 38 with great new features
    after all… many changes have been made since 37.2 & Apoc 1
    So I anticipate the release of both 38 & apoc 2.0 will make alot of people
    happy…. ” If & when that ever happens”

((Hint Hint)) Please hurrY!!

and with that in mind …that with all the people working to help in the
    background Scorched 3D & Apoc 2.0 Is going to be worth waiting for

Thanks to Gavin.Bobirov,& everyone who helped ((combined))
    relentless Hard Work & their ability to keep everyone
    in mind with their oppinions/ideahs ..IT’S GOING TO ROCK!!

Hense … Version 38 is not the only thing people are waiting for

In lamens terms of what I was trying to say:

…. We want to play with the New Weapons & bloW up sOme buildings
    with theM DaMMiT! HURRY UP!!!! 😈

Deathstryker
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

Okay, I briefly went through and removed some detail from some of the building models to reduce poly counts. In doing so I’ve brought the poly count average down to about 70,000 on the main city map without reducing the amount of buildings. That is right at the high end of what I have seen on official landscapes with trees enabled. So now more than ever I think that if you could play with trees enabled before you’ll be able to play with the building layouts I have.

So I guess we’ll start small here and if things work out okay we can always add in more details later. We shall see.

Thanks for taking your time to do that. I really didn’t realize that there were less trees on the levels with buildings. I thought they both coexisted equally. That’s where my worries came in since I originally thought the buildings were going to be quite a bit extra.

kyzia
    Participant

Just tried out version 38 last night, with the buildings, and I’ve a suggestion…

While they do look nice, I think it might look better if they could be clumped together in groups a bit more – so that it looks a bit more like towns & villages than a random scattering of buildings. Roads and stuff would be good too, of course.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.