This topic contains 15 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_gcamp 12 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Deathstryker
    Participant

I mainly wanted to post this to tell the people I was playing with online what I was talking about. Everyone else said theirs was fine. Gavin what’s wrong?

From what I can see it looks like the texture wasn’t applied right to one of the triangles. Does anyone else see this?

EDIT: Fixed the spelling for “corrupt”. I was kinda tired when I wrote this last night and I misspelled it.

SoupNazi
    Participant

Yes, I do see it, I believe it might be a broken grid line? its a triangle, not rectangular, whatever the cause, I do see it. 😉

Deathstryker
    Participant

Ok I managed to import it into Milkshape for a closer look however I’m having issues fixing it because of the converter I’m using I’m guessing. It is a missing triangle. How did we all miss it for so long?

Ebonite
    Participant

well, I look at the TOP of the triangle to see the wind direction… 😛

Apollo Tangent
    Participant

If you guys see it and I don’t, maybe it’s not missing or…. does it have to do with graphics settings?

Deathstryker
    Participant

What do you mean “Maybe it’s not missing.”.Of course it’s missing. You can clearly see that it is in the Milkshape image.

.–.ShoCkwaVe.–.
    Participant

that very well could be another graphics card bug

is your graphics card drivrs up to date?

only other thing i can think to try is replacing the file

Deathstryker
    Participant

Well I ran the model statistics tool on it and it does say all triangles are there
    (24) but I don’t understand, if it’s a video card issue, why it’s not drawing that one polygon and why I can see it when I physically make a new poly there.

As far as graphics card drivers go, I ALWAYS have the newest version. Why would I tell other people that come on here with problems to do the same thing but not do it myself?

The Funkinator
    Participant

Maybe it’s a bermuda triangle ?

(poor joke, but I couldn’t resist)

-The Funkinator

Deathstryker
    Participant

@The Funkinator wrote:

Maybe it’s bermuda triangle ?

(poor joke, but I couldn’t resist)

-The Funkinator

The only thing else that needed was a laugh track.

Apollo Tangent
    Participant

Maybe it’s the water reflecting off of the bottom of the arrow….

But seriously, I think it’s a shading issue. That’s why I don’t see it and you do.

A.T.

Deathstryker
    Participant

I’m sure Gavin could tell us what’s wrong. Wonder where he went to.

The Funkinator
    Participant

OK, I’m a little short of tools here, but looking at the .ase file (with a text editor), one of the faces is broken (it’s a triangle, and two of it’s vertexes are identical, therefore it must be broke).

*MESH_FACE 16: A: 9 B: 9 C: 13 AB: 1 BC: 1 CA: 0 *MESH_SMOOTHING 4 *MESH_MTLID 4

Somebody hurt me for looking at model files with a text editor.
    The vertexes are the numbers after A: B: and C:

Wish I could find a import script for blender / ase 🙁

-TF

Deathstryker
    Participant

I have a converter tool. That’s how I got it into Milkshape. However when I tried to fix it, it gave me an error when I played Scorched. It’s either the converter’s fault or it’s Milkshape’s fault but I’m not sure. But anyway if you wanna try your hand at it, I can send you the converter.

The Funkinator
    Participant

Fixed it with a text editor, just changed the first 9 in the line to an 8.
    I checked the face normal, it’s correct, it was just one vertex of the face was borken. 🙂

Attached is the fixed wind arrow. (I had to change the file extension to upload it, so I gzipped it)

-TF

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.