This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Ebonite 11 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

parasti
    Participant

Most people probably have a favourite angle of elevation they use for most of their shots. I find that, if I happen to make use of a different angle, I then spend significant amount of time the next move by just adjusting the angle back to this previous setting. Is there a way to set up a key binding for resetting the angle to a preset value? If yes, how do I do that? If no, is there a chance it could be implemented? And, if no, what would be the reason(s) for not having it?

Edit: change subject from “Resetting angle of elevation” to “Console command for setting the angle of elevation”.

Thrax
    Participant

@parasti wrote:

Most people probably have a favourite angle of elevation they use for most of their shots. I find that, if I happen to make use of a different angle, I then spend significant amount of time the next move by just adjusting the angle back to this previous setting. Is there a way to set up a key binding for resetting the angle to a preset value? If yes, how do I do that? If no, is there a chance it could be implemented? And, if no, what would be the reason(s) for not having it?

maybe a few player’s keep one elevation.
    but after a while, elev is just as easily variable in aiming as power etc.

depending on the map size and wind, sometime’s it’s the only thing we
    adjust. Laser usage in perticular..

Wowbagger
    Participant

If you change your angle and speed and want to go back to your previous shot setting use the “U” key and it will bring you back to the previous shot setting.

Is that the answer you were looking for?

Hope it helps.

This should be in the keyboard comands in the forums but I checked and didnt see it there.

I’ll check with the author and have it changed unless I overlooked it. 😀

parasti
    Participant

Thanks for the comments, guys.

Wow, it’s indeed similar to what I had in mind, but not quite. I knew of this function, sorry for not making that clear at the start. The “undo” key resets the angle and direction to a previous setting, which might be different from move to move. What I’m looking for is a function to set the angle to a constant value.

I realise I’m asking for this out of laziness. But then again, that’s exactly why keyboard shortcuts exist. There is no difference between me setting the angle to 45 at the start of every round by using ctrl shift +/- and setting it with a single keypress. Except that the former takes more time. What I’m asking for is a mere convenience.

Actually, having a console command for setting the angle would probably be a more flexible solution. Changed subject of the thread accordingly.

Ebonite
    Participant

Interesting idea, lets take it one step further. how about the capability to simply enter numerical values for any/all of power, elevation, rotation? keep the arrows, but add an input window to allow direct entry of number values. Barring that, allow players to set their default angle/elevation for when they join games.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.