This topic contains 13 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  A Moogle 12 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

A Moogle
    Participant

My computer crashed recently, and I lost ALL my progress on the mooglemod. 🙁

If anyone can post the newest version they have (not off my site, that one doesn’t work) I would appreciate it.

jdog
    Participant

the only one I have is from 3/2/05, was there a newer one?

A Moogle
    Participant

I don’t think that there was a newer one, are the K-Laser Blast and the Spread Laser in the one you have?

The Spread Laser and K-Laser Blast were the last weapons I added.

jdog
    Participant

I don’t see them in my mod… unless there not active in it yet.

A Moogle
    Participant

Blast! I don’t think I gave anyone a copy of the most recent one, except one person… 😳 And they probably deleted it when I stopped running servers… 😥

Deathstryker
    Participant

Isn’t your poll kinda obvious?… Oh well I’ll vote for the latter to be different.

M. O.
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

Isn’t your poll kinda obvious?… Oh well I’ll vote for the latter to be different.

Not really!!!!!!!! Since I use linux I can reinstall and never loose any data except what’s in /. my home folder never get’s touched during installs therefore I always have the data available. 😯

cbx550f
    Participant

@m. O. wrote:

@deathstryker wrote:

Not really!!!!!!!! Since I use linux I can reinstall and never loose any data except what’s in /. my home folder never get’s touched during installs therefore I always have the data available. 😯

Ditto – and also, I’ve learned (through trial and error) to make backups. 😉

Deathstryker
    Participant

Yeah, but wouldn’t you rather it not crash?

M. O.
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

Yeah, but wouldn’t you rather it not crash?

I have yet to have a crash that caused any problems. Unlike winblows if I have a program “hang” ie “crash” I can kill just that program and continue on. so I think he is refering to the dreaded “BSOD”. No such animal with my comp. except my screensaver.

cbx550f
    Participant

I managed to hang my linux machine a few times recently, but only due to my messing around with a kernel module. 😉

I have a feeling Moogle suffered a disk or filesystem failure (Just guessing, really) – no OS is immune to that. A few months ago I had a drive fail in a RAID5 array the same night that something else went wrong on the same server…. it got a bit ugly.

A Moogle
    Participant

Yes, my comp did suffer a FS failure. It was a PAIN IN THE – erm, anyway…

And FYI, MO, I have never once seen the ‘BSOD’ you show in the screenshot.

Deathstryker
    Participant

The Blue Screen of Death he shows is a rare one. I think the most talked about one is the one where it tells you to either press a button to continue or Ctrl-Alt-Del to restart and happens in Win 98. The one in the screen I believe is from Win XP. I’ve gotten it a couple of times after putting in some hardware but goes away after a restart. That one will also come up with a bad stick of RAM too.

cbx550f
    Participant

I got in it the crash I mentioned above – BSOD on an important server (Win2k Pro Server) is rather a bad thing to come into work to after a good night out! 😉

Yes, my comp did suffer a FS failure. It was a PAIN IN THE – erm, anyway…

I can relate – I still don’t backup as well as I should, amazingly enough. Actually, it’s been quite a long time since I did a decent backup of my home directories. I should also make some copies of old CDs I have backed up “keeper” stuff on before. CDRs tend to get weaker with time….

Moogle – a good way to back up your mod is to post updates here often. 😉

Hope you find someone with it.

A Moogle
    Participant

unfortunately, the only time I’ve ever backed ANYTHING up was when my mom’s comp got so infected with linux crap(in other words, viruses) that I had to format the HDD… and I then installed Windows, so the backups were useless. 😛

we never had a problem with it since.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.