This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Hiroyuki 9 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Hiroyuki
    Participant

Trying to compile Scorched, i stumble with this error, are there anyone who are able to help me with this problem? 🙄

source='../sound/Sound.cpp' object='Sound.o' libtool=no
    DEPDIR=.deps depmode=none /bin/bash ../../depcomp
    /usr/bin/CC -DPACKAGE_NAME="" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME="" -DPACKAGE_VERSION="" -DPACKAGE_STRING="" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT="" -DPACKAGE="scorched3d" -DVERSION="41" -DHAVE_OGG=1 -DHAVE_VSNPRINTF=1 -DHAVE_SNPRINTF=1 -DHAVE_ICONV=1 -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_ICONV_H=1 -I. -I../porting -I.. -I/usr/sfw/include/freetype2 -I/usr/sfw/include -I/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/X11R6 -I/usr/local/include -g -DS3D_DOCDIR="/usr/local/games/scorched3d/share/documentation" -DS3D_DATADIR="/usr/local/games/scorched3d/share" -DS3D_BINDIR="/usr/local/games/scorched3d/bin" -c -o Sound.o `test -f '../sound/Sound.cpp' || echo './'`../sound/Sound.cpp
    "../common/ARGParser.h", line 62: Warning: String literal converted to char* in initialization.
    "../common/ARGParser.h", line 63: Warning: String literal converted to char* in initialization.
    "../common/ARGParser.h", line 64: Warning: String literal converted to char* in initialization.
    "../common/ARGParser.h", line 66: Warning: String literal converted to char* in initialization.
    "../common/ARGParser.h", line 67: Warning: String literal converted to char* in initialization.
    "../common/ARGParser.h", line 68: Warning: String literal converted to char* in initialization.
    "../common/ARGParser.h", line 70: Warning: String literal converted to char* in initialization.
    "../common/ARGParser.h", line 83: Warning: String literal converted to char* in initialization.
    "/usr/include/AL/alc.h", line 190: Error: A value of type void is not allowed.
    "/usr/include/AL/alc.h", line 251: Error: A value of type void is not allowed.
    "../sound/Sound.cpp", line 87: Error: Too few arguments in call to "alcGetCurrentContext(void)".
    3 Error(s) and 8 Warning(s) detected.
    *** Error code 3
    make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `Sound.o'

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Looks like an error in the OpenAL source code :

http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5160036&tstart=90

You could try changing:

typedef void ALCcontext ;
    typedef void ALCvoid ;

to

#define ALCcontext void
    #define ALCvoid void

in the “/usr/include/AL/alc.h” file.
    But this is another programs header file and you may not want to.

Hiroyuki
    Participant

Thanks, I’ll try to apply this when i get back home, and see how things turn out.

I gave up on compiling this on OSX leopard… My other Unix-flavor of choice (Solaris, which i finally am able to run on my macbook) seems to be so much more friendly as with regards to compiling random software 😀

Hiroyuki
    Participant

Works great now, thanks Gavin!

imported_gcamp
    Participant

A solaris user, cool. I’ve not tried compiling on solaris since v38 or something like it.

Hiroyuki
    Participant

Well its my first attempt to do a Solaris compile, as i’ve been out of OpenGL-drivers for the intel platform until now… but Nvidia fortunately released drivers so i can play scorched on my Solaris 11 x64 computer yay! 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.