This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Bobirov 12 years ago.

• Author

Apollo Tangent
    Participant

These are all great ideas, that I would have like to have encorporated into a (Knowledge Base). [ A long time ago ]!!!!

Not; “All your base belong to us”.

I mean a forum, deliberately set aside for DevGulps and Modders.

So perhaps I can open a thread on the zine page that would be obscure to the “shall I say”, (mainstream “player”) … Yet utilized in Forum style format and unbiased as far as personal conflicts go.

I’d be happy to use the Forum space, if Gavin won’t feel insulted by it.

That way the Weavers’ won’t get in the way of the Threaders’.

Apollo

Bob, since you are the .xml “Guru”, would you agree to this hidden aspect towards communicating advice or not?

You could always point to threads in a knowledge base cross wise…

I hate to see dead ends in the forums. I hate to see you post elaborate directions that by lack of interest, or distraction, get lost in various replies, and get obscured by trivial posts.

You can drop me a note, I’ll make it locked and give you the key… Oh Gavin will have the key as well.

A.T.

Bobirov
    Participant

Sounds good to me 😀

BOY
    Participant

the threads here can be edited and locked for the “clutter” (such as your post and mine) that you meantion, apollo. Then helpful posts can be added by moderators, that is one of the reasons for having the moderators. I guess its just that so far, the modderators have not taken much time to do this.

But your idea might be a bit more efficient, perhaps create a special user group with access to a resricted modder forum, either here, at ApocHQ or on Zine. posts and links could be added by only the approved dudes and all could view.

as this site goes, a locked topic must be unlocked before a moderator can add to it, its bit round about….

the scorched3d msn group was fairly good for this, with additional links and pages it would have been very useful

Apollo Tangent
    Participant

I’ll see what I can do about posting the most relevent info there, perhaps we can set it up and compile it in an orderly fashion then Export it to the S3D forum as to not steer people away from the official site.

Developer’s Knowledge base.
    A Forum Dedicated to the sharing of knowledge between Developers and Modders.
    Moderator Bobirov, Developer’s Knowledge Base.
    Admins: Bobirov and gcamp

http://www.1-2-free-forums.com/mf/s3dezine-forum-7.html

Apollo

BOY
    Participant

really, Apollo, what i think you aught to do that would be most effective, is take some information spread around the forum and post it in a web page format on your zine that is easier to digest than the forum format.

when thats been condensed and looks good you can get feedback and the “gurus” like bobirov can send you some more detailed things and so forth….

my thoughts will always be worth less than Miroslav’s, gosh i miss that guy.

Apollo Tangent
    Participant

I proposed that Months ago and didn’t get any input or volunteers. 😥

BOY
    Participant

perhaps i wasn’t clear,

what i mean is… go ahead and make one, take the relevant info from all its nooks and crannies and forums and put it on a web page. then get some volunteers

more help will come when you get it started

Bobirov
    Participant

@boy wrote:

really, Apollo, what i think you aught to do that would be most effective, is take some information spread around the forum and post it in a web page format on your zine that is easier to digest than the forum format.

This is what I thought he was talking about doing, must have read that wrong.. ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.