This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Simeon 7 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Simeon
    Participant

Hi everyone.

Are there any commandline options for Scorched 3D?
    I am a developer from PortableApps.com and I am planning on creating a portable version of Scorched 3D. One of our principles is the strict separation of application files and user data so I wanted to ask if there are any command line arguments to tell Scorched 3D where to look for its settings.

I couldnt find anything in the FAQ.

Have a nice weekend!

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Im not sure, Wait a bit and im sure someone who knows will come along. 🙂

By faq you mean this?
    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Common_Console_Commands

Cheers! :-“
    Kanga

Simeon
    Participant

@Kangabunny wrote:

By faq you mean this?
    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Common_Console_Commands

No I meant the wiki. I am not talking about commandline arguments inside the game but rather ones I can pass to the exe when I launch the game.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

i remeber one that was runwithexception or something.. nvm thats something different.
    Thrax should be around sometime soon, hes a very knowledgable person and a developer, he’ll be able to help you better than I.

Alles Gute! 8)
    KAnga

naka
    Participant
    scorched3d -help
    Arguments : Usage :
    -allowexceptions Allows any program exceptions to be thrown (core dumps) (Default : off)
    -rewriteoptions When reading options files rewrite them to refresh all options (Default : off)
    -settingsdir The directory in the users home directory that the scorched3d settings are stored in. (Default : .scorched3d)
    -writefulloptions When writing options files write all options even if they are the default (Default : off)
    scorched3dc -help
    -allowexceptions Allows any program exceptions to be thrown (core dumps) (Default : off)
    -connect The name of the server to connect to, starts a NET/LAN client (Default : )
    -exittime The time after which the client will exit (Default : 0)
    -loadsave Continues a scorched 3d client game, requires the name of the saved game. (Default : )
    -password The password of the NET/LAN server (Default : )
    -rewriteoptions When reading options files rewrite them to refresh all options (Default : off)
    -settingsdir The directory in the users home directory that the scorched3d settings are stored in. (Default : .scorched3d)
    -startclient Starts a scorched 3d client, requires the name of the client settings file e.g. data/singlecustom.xml (Default : )
    -startcustom Starts a scorched 3d client, Uses the last custom game made (Default : off)
    -username The username of the NET/LAN server (Default : )
    -writefulloptions When writing options files write all options even if they are the default (Default : off)
    [launch file] .3dl scorched3d online gaming launching config
    scorched3ds -help
    -hidewindow Hides the scorched3d console window (windows) (Default : off)
    -startcustom Starts a scorched 3d server, uses the last server made (Default : off)
    -startserver Starts a scorched 3d server, requires the name of the server settings file e.g. data/server.xml (Default : )

All the settings (include automatically downloaded mods) are stored in the user home dir (in this example .scorched3d in linux).

i also think it uses some env variables: e.g. export HOME=/home/scorched3d

Irishbandit
    Participant

You can change the user directory to anything you want see post
    viewtopic.php?p=56770#p56770

See the post above for the command line options.

Simeon
    Participant

Thank you guys for your answers.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.