This topic contains 40 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Deathstryker 10 years, 5 months ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #16017

    The Funkinator
    Participant

    I specifically set out to get most kills with a death’s head. They’re expensive, but they’re a valid tactic, I think resigning is a valid tactic too. I also think you’re victimizing me because I don’t use the tactics that you think “A good player” would use.

    Despite my tactics I have a higher no of kills per shot than you AT (though I tend to have less shots due to dying more often so it’s not an entirely fair metric), Though on skill you have higher, using death’s heads doesn’t help your skill (based on accuracy of shots?).

    It’s a game, it’s all part of the fun, deal with it and stop whining. Yes you’re a good player, but that doesn’t mean your view is right.

    And I really don’t see the relevance of my weapon kills stats on this thread, unless you’re trying to victimize me, please go and make a thread called “The Funkinator uses game breaking tactics” if that’s what you’re trying to say.

    I used to think resigning wasn’t a valid tactic (much like burying yourself) but then they changed the game so that if you resign it only takes effect at the end of the round, which I think makes it a fair and valid tactic. (Unlike before where it was just highly annoying). If you fail to kill someone who resigns, it’s entirely your own fault, not their fault because they resigned.

    -The Funkinator.

    #16018

    Willis
    Participant

    resigning a tatic?.. .. .. .. *goes on a smily hunt* here we go:


    Oh my other favorite…

    Ok we all know my feelings so back on topic:

    games get very long and boring with the shield tactics for those that can’t afford the shields

    Thats the user’s problem – not anyone elses. Learn to manage your money and you will be able to aford sheilds and other weapons.

    people resigning when they have no power left just speeds the game up if they are not disposed of quickly.

    was even kind enough to say, “you’ve got one shot”.

    See theres the first problem – everyone resigns after first sign of danger. If people would give their attacker 3-4 shots to at least attempt the kill that would be entirely different. In that case a resign would be respectable only because the other person cannot hit the broad side ofa barn.

    In regards to Funkinator – whats your avarage Kill / Shot for the death head?

    Getting the most kills with death head is not a bad goal – Been there done that. But if I may sound like a preecher for a instant – one must respect the mighty tool in order to use it best. AKA if your just using the DH right away to always bag one or two kills (two if lucky) then really should learn other weapons. Looking back at your sheild jesture again – if your having money problems and cannot aford things, heck thats your problem.

    Anyway – I still feel if any change is to occur then let it be to when a person is allowed or not allowed to use resign. Otherwise let the community handle it with suttle taunting teasing and ruffeling feathers.

    #16019

    Willis
    Participant

    Heres one other idea I just thought of – what if resign wasnt applied to the same ‘move’ its selected?

    Right now in a given move, person clicks resign – after shots – person is gone from map?.

    Well in my idea: Person clicks resign *decloration of resign announced* – shots fired etc – next move *no GUI pops up for person* – shots fired – after shots, person gone from map.

    So this actually just makes it last one more turn, which for better or worse would be fairer on both sides – to those who shoot they got one extra chance – for those who resign its more of a lagitimate action.

    The beleif goes that if a person plans to resign they know right away – well if thats the case they most likely would be resigning because their practicly dead. Well if the person doing the attacking still exists IMO its only fair to give them a valid chance – and two shots sounds MUCH more valid then one. Yet if thier not – the person resigning.. would it even make a difference if they resigned this turn or the next? Nobody would likely hit them so – its just that one extra attempt for someone to get lucky.

    Thoughts?

    #16020

    Ebonite
    Participant

    @Apollo Tangent wrote:

    Yes, I reformed my views on the matter. And most of the other regular players in the game, (the last ranking cycle) did as well.
    Apollo

    I did not. I used it for reasons already argued about. Should the idea Willis posited (two shots THEN resign) ever be implemented, I will start suiciding. Stick that in your stats.

    #16021

    Willis
    Participant

    Ebo, relax man.. it was just a different way to look at this “problem”, if everyone hated it I could care less.

    #16022

    Deathstryker
    Participant

    …It’s a little too hot in this thread as well.

    #16023

    guy parker
    Participant

    OK, good, I wasn’t the real target of AT’s complaining. I don’t resign all that often but like someone else said, if you have no chance of killin the other person why waste time sitting around letting them hit you.

    So far as what was said about a “declaration of resign” and then it happens at the end of the turn after that… that’s ridiclious. That’s like complaining that people put shield’s on in the last second and you need a notification of it before they go on. And really, come on… force shields at the last minute are more of an annoying tactic than resigning in my opinion. hell, i’m going to start a poll on the shields because I’m curious to get everyone’s opinion.

    #16024

    BOY
    Participant

    Let me just say I love this Forum. It makes work bearable

    section 1: Introduction

    First off, resigns are very useful for going for a pee, a snack, or changing a diaper, so as not to be kicked, killed, and annoying while doing so. Am I right? I had 10 resigns last cycle, I was very high on the list (of ppl above 500 kills filter) I think about half of these resigns were “breaks” the rest were result of being bored of poor shooting, so even though Apollo would like resigning abolished, I say we keep it.

    To skip the personal squibbles and babble, you can go to the bottom for my proposal 😀 😉

    …………with zero resigns Apollo has the right to raise this issue, Only because I beleive (as he does) that there is a “code” honored by a large group of regular players. I have, a bit by peer pressure I admit, since I am a people pleaser, adhered to this code. This is not really the best reason to go along with the code, as i am only a partial beleiver

    Section 2: THE CODE
    I shall digress further………. The Marine Corps motto echos Apollo’s feelings best, I think, when they say “Death before dishonor” this is an old-world warrior code akin to the rule of armies that marched in plain sight during battle, or also a little like the code of the salvage rights at sea. A code that says resigning is cheezy, and resigners are weak. The code by which enemies nod to each other….. Many of these codes have flaws however. The resign code is one of these. Why?, because the game was just made that way. Is it real to warfare, no not really. Is this a game with a built in resign feature that is fair to be used by all equally? YES.

    Every now and then a good code gets forgotten and warriors need to be reminded, sometimes codes or unwritten ideals like this are lost forever in favor of newer ones. Sometimes the barbarian hordes who hold nothing sacred come along and destroy the code keepers, (this is what always happens, historically — too bad many of the Native Americans had a near utopian society, kill them anyway)

    As to Death Head use:
    The “code” in my opinion, does not apply as it is a weapon if beaty and I endorse the use of DH whenever a player is able to do so. It may be annoying and I wish it were harder to aquire one, but, well, its all good.

    To Funkinator:
    What is obviously going on is Tangent wants to shame you into adopting his ideals. You might think it funny, but I endorse this tactic totally, even though my personal feelings about resigning and Death Head is between the two of yours.
    Apollo also has the right to accuse players of DH abuse because he himself rarely uses them. He has two kills to your 111 !!! If he actually were to quit a game for these reasons that would be silly (provided he was not being exclusively targeted. I actually respect this number of DH kills quite a bit, I dont think I could get a third of my kills from DH. Expect me to kill you swiftly. 8)

    Section 3: Proposals

    Apollo’s reasoning is that the better warrior is essentially robbed of kills by the cowardly ones who resign. THis is basically true. While I do not endorse abolishing resigning at this time, I like the idea of penalties or compensation to the players who have been “cheated” of the kill (or both).

    In warfare, the army or soldier that retreats must almost always give up something. The idea I like best is for the round winners to be able to plunder the inventory of the ones who resign, say 1 or 2K worth of weapons or equipment. or maybe just take a peak at their inventory, that may be bad enough to doom them

    others:
    Reduced intrest for that round is a pretty heavy levee….

    Subdtract 1 round win from the players total wins

    Limit resigns to say, 2 per game (just like timeouts)

    misc:
    I believe guy parker had a random thought about a Cash Weapon. Awesme Idea! More on this later……..

    KILL THE SOLDIERS MARCHING IN LINES, BOY! HERE, USE THIS TREE TO HIDE

    #16025

    Willis
    Participant

    Is this a game with a built in resign feature that is fair to be used by all equally?

    IMO I disagree, its NOT equal. ok YES everyone has equal opertunity to USE this feature. But what about those on the other end? Its not fair for them when – in reference to the code – people just use it on first chance. See my origional post in this topic – life of scorched is not so cut dry – “STUFF” happens and people make mistakes.

    And that I feel is something people overlook. Those who are skilled in Scorched. Yes it does anger skilled more then it would the “newb” becuase they are those who get angered easier. The Code. HOWEVER – It’s not the skilled one should worry over. Consider right now if it were the skilled who did the resigning and the “newb” who did not. (Not saying those who resign cannot shoot.. don’t get that idea). It is the “newb” who is more likely to miss, so the skilled would practicly always get away with a resign. How is that fair?

    By the way BOY, I thank you greatly – you mentioned the fact that there IS in such a code of conduct, of respect. I’m of a little oldschool bringing up, where traditions and ‘codes’ are carried on though generations. Where unless you can place an argument to convince me otherwise I will stick to my traditions and beliefs. And speak against those who say otherwise.

    Limit resigns to say, 2 per game (just like timeouts)

    This .. so simple, but .. genious! I am baffled why nobody thought about this before!! Maybe let it sit to 3 (4 .. very borderline-ish, id stick to 3). I put on the Willis stamp of aproval 😆

    #16026

    BOY
    Participant

    Willis:

    I actually did laugh out loud when I saw your head hitting emoticon a few posts up, forgot to tell you that I thouroughly enjoyed it.

    Yes, I suppose that the phrase “fair to be used” is a bit innaccurate when you consider that there are two sides entrenched with different views – unfortunate state of affairs. One side bound to the “old code” the other bound by no laws whatsoever i guess. What I meant by fair was really available

    #16027

    hobbesme
    Participant

    @willis wrote:

    Limit resigns to say, 2 per game (just like timeouts)

    This .. so simple, but .. genious! I am baffled why nobody thought about this before!! Maybe let it sit to 3 (4 .. very borderline-ish, id stick to 3). I put on the Willis stamp of aproval 😆

    Willis, even though I have always been pro-resigning/retreating, I’ve not had any issue with you being so anti-resigning since I have respected all aspects of your gameplay.

    However, I am even more impressed that you are agreeable to this reasonable resignation proposal. If you, who has been so anti-resigning, can show approval for a pro-resignation idea; it’s a strong indicator that this is a reasonable compromise.

    But the number of resignations allowed per game should be based on the total number of rounds in the game (not a fixed number) :

      # Resignations Per Game = # Rounds / 3 (truncate down)

    For a 10-round game, 10 / 3 = 3.

    HOWEVER, I still prefer my Random-Retreat Feature but implemented WITHOUT any limitations as to use.

    But I’d be OK if my Random-Retreat Feature was implemented with the limited number of uses per game as described above.

    #16028

    imported_gcamp
    Participant

    @hobbesme wrote:

    HOWEVER, I still prefer my Random-Retreat Feature but implemented WITHOUT any limitations as to use.

    If you are talking about the percentage chance of resign position due to the health the player has then this has already been implemented.

    However remember in the case that they fail to resign at the start of the shot they will resign at the end so in this casne the outcome will be the same to how it works at the moment.

    #16029

    hobbesme
    Participant

    @gcamp wrote:

    If you are talking about the percentage chance of resign position due to the health the player has then this has already been implemented.

    I want to thank you for considering your playing community’s user feedback to improve this game. I want to especially thank you for implementing an idea that some players agreed was a reasonable compromise. Thank you.

    @gcamp wrote:

    However remember in the case that they fail to resign at the start of the shot they will resign at the end so in this casne the outcome will be the same to how it works at the moment.

    This is what I think you mean by this :

    1. If a player retreats near to the start of the firing turn, his probability of successfully retreating is based on his remaining power. Thus, if a player has xxx units out of 1000 power, that player has a xxx/1000 probability of successfully retreating BEFORE shots are fired. Otherwise, that player will remain on the battlefield until killed in that firing turn OR retreating at the end of the firing turn if still alive.
    2. If a player retreats after the start of the firing turn, that player does NOT randomly retreat before shots are fired, but instead remains on the battlefied until killed or retreating at the end of the firing turn.

    However, what is considered near to “the start of the shot”? Willis & other players had suggested half of the shot clock. Is half the shot-clock the time threshold used to determine whether random-retreat or end-of-firing-turn
    retreat is used? :

    @willis wrote:

    the resign button is limited to the first half of the shot clock

    (Where the NBA uses a 24-second shot clock, & our NSA uses a 40-second shot clock?)

    @willis wrote:

    everyone resigns after first sign of danger. If people would give their attacker 3-4 shots to at least attempt the kill that would be entirely different.

    what if resign wasnt applied to the same ‘move’ its selected? make it at the end of the next turn?

    And although this random-retreat doesn’t totally satisfy Willis & others since the retreat happens this turn either before or after shots fired; it’s a reasonable compromise that also adds a random, luck element to retreating/resigning.

    #16030

    Deathstryker
    Participant

    However, what is considered near to “the start of the shot”? Willis & other players had suggested half of the shot clock. Is half the shot-clock the time threshold used to determine whether random-retreat or end-of-firing-turn
    retreat is used?

    Or, maybe it should be split into two seperate retreat options.

    One for if you must leave the game (absolute and End of firing turn).

    And one for tactics (based on health/power and During firing turn).

    #16031

    JiNx
    Participant

    the codes

    i think i have to disagree with the codes on page two

    all fellow bastages love pulling a jinx 😉

    and if ppl who hate resigners apply mob rules guess what im not scared

    bring it on 🙂

    and to the following posts that will follow saying how disgracefull resigning is

    see you soon my friends 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.