This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Picci 10 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Picci
    Participant

to Gavin:

the old style monitor as screens (screenshots) section’s button seems a little outdated, i dunno if it’s purposely part of the style, as the radio icon for the chat and docs looking like egyptian papyrus or something…
    and those look good as they are…

the downloads button too, is commonly seen as the floppy icon, so i’m not saying anything about it,

but i wanted to propose something new for the screens icon….

i tried this:

i took the image that’s there, with the old and low brightness monitor, and made an LCD image for it… if u look at the image closely it should look sort of like a scorched game… ok, the one i made sucks, but it took me 5 minutes with paint… if you like the idea i may be able to make a nice one 😉

attached are the current vs new (alpha version :P) of the button…

edit: i tried saving the home page with firefox and simply substituting the LCD image with the original one, and it doens’t look that bad… seeing it isolated right under this message looks much worst 🙂 )

imported_gcamp
    Participant

So you are saying I’m a little outdated eh 🙂

Deathstryker
    Participant

The biggest part of it that makes it outdated is not the type of monitor, but the fact that it displays a Windows 95 (or 98) logo startup screen on it.

Picci
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

The biggest part of it that makes it outdated is not the type of monitor, but the fact that it displays a Windows 95 (or 98) logo startup screen on it.

really ?

didn’t see that… can’t see it now either :P,oh ther it is, lol, so true …

btw, this is how it would look with an lcd (sucky 5 minute lcd version done with paint)

Deathstryker
    Participant

It needs a more 3D look to it so it matches with the others. The others have good shadows too.

cbx550f
    Participant

I’ve still never figured out what the icon for “Forums” is. 😛
    (Don’t lose the style of them, I always liked the general feel!)

Deathstryker
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

I’ve still never figured out what the icon for “Forums” is. 😛
    (Don’t lose the style of them, I always liked the general feel!)

It’s a book isn’t it?

Wowbagger
    Participant

Also the download Icon is of a….what did they used to call that thing again? oh yeah a floppy disk. 😀

Willis
    Participant

I like the rustic feel of the icons.. (even if the more recent chat and mods smooth).

And the fact it displays the old Windows 95 makes me think “ah yes, memories”..

I’d suggest re-amping the majority of them if you want to start with one. But for the most part just recreate with the same concept, don’t change what it’s supposed to be.

IE.. the download image, keep it as a floppy disk but with newer smoother design.

Picci
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

It needs a more 3D look to it so it matches with the others. The others have good shadows too.

i suck at graphics and did it in 5 minutes in paint, and with what,
    16 colors to choose from ? 😛

lol, it’s not art, it’s an example, but thx for the constructive criticism, hehe, at least now i know that to make it like 😀

btw, willis, u mean make another crt screen ?
    btw, i could easily make a cool looking house in ac3d, (for the home button) as soon as the power supply for my laptop arrives from hong kong…

1 by 1:

1.) home –> could be done in ac3d

2.) screens –> hmm… lcd ? photoshop

3.) download –> cooler floppy, ac3d

4.) forums…. cool, whatever it is… i agree, seems a book…

5.) docs… maybe the same thing but with an unfolding thingy on “mouse over” ? or maybe just always unfolded…

6.) servers –> if it’s a floppy drive, it-s ok… if it’s an old flat computer, the ones you would have the monitor on top… why not make it a tower pc ?

7. stats ..> leave as is. nice !
    8. chat ..> same as 7,
    9. mods ..> cool as is.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.