This topic contains 75 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Viking62 10 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

imported_gcamp
    Participant

A new tournament has been approved.
    Tournament “Christmas Tournament” starts on the 25 Dec 2006

For more information see :
    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/tournamentview.php?t=24

Picci
    Participant

Christmas Tournament open for joining.

Don’t worry, it’s free and you have nothing to lose 😀

See you there from the 25th of December to the 5th of January 😀

bye,

Picci

PS i’m working on the Picci Christmas Mod… it’ll look awsome 😉

mooic
    Participant

Open for joining?

Dont we just turn up when the server is open?

Viking62
    Participant

Great-A tourney 😀
    I was wondering-could there be a link to load the tournament mod prior to the startup? It takes some of us about 1 hour to load a mod. Thanks & hope to see you’all in the tourney. 😉

BOY
    Participant

For some tournaments you must join to discover the password. But to be declared the winner and get the trophy in your profile, you must be a member. A download link shouln’t be too much trouble, we’ll have to see how big the mod is first. I’m looking forward to what Picci is making 🙂

Picci
    Participant

i was thinking about that viking,
    the mod is nearly 10 mb… as the sounds i put in
    are big 🙁 i’ll see what i can do to post it on a server and
    make a download link right here…

it wouldn’t be hard at all if i could get the mod working in the first place…

any1’s help would be great:
    1. i tried the models and the sounds by substituting them in instead of the models i use now for normal single player ( like putting the christmas present box instead of napalm) and it works great…

the problem is that if i make a copy of everything, rename it ChristmasMod, put it near the apocalypse folder in the globalmods, and try running christmas in singleplayer the whole thing comes up with errors, as i renamed some weapons in the accessories.xml file….what can i do ?

thx e1 for help and comments,
    Bye
    Picci

BOY
    Participant

i’m in a hurry but first, make the mod name all lower case, then take out the xml files one by one, to fix them one at a time. then add them back in. If only the accessories.xml is the problem. check syntax. you will need to post your errors so we can help. 😕

Picci
    Participant

the mod is lowercase, but it apparently doesn’t load now…the wait screen, the single player weapons, nothing works right… (everything is just like the normal non modded scorched)

no more errors now ( i turned the accessories.xml back into the original one)

but i click on “sigle player” — “christmas” — and then i start the single player target practice or easy game…. and the mod apparently does not load as the game is identical to the normal scorched game….any code i need to change somewhere ? i tried copying the apoc mod xml files and the apoc mod loads in there… so i changed to “christmas” all the words “apoc” in the various xml files, but nothing works anyways and the game loads normally….ahhhhhh 🙁

help !

any ideas ? 💡

thx,
    Picci

BOY
    Participant

the modinfo.xml file will reference the standard settings unless you change them, you will need to set up a custom game to use the mod unless you modify the easy, normal, or hard xmls. You can make you’re own modinfo.xml file very fast, take out all the game options.

Picci
    Participant

the link to the partially finished – non working – christmas mod is 😯

ftp://advguild.myftp.org:48/DATA/christmas.rar <– will be on by the 12th of dec. Night GMT

what should i change in the xml files 😯 ?

what do you mean by

take out all the game options ?

if i erase the options in the easy single player (christmas) xml file for example, the game won’t load in christmas mod anyways ?! or will it ? 😕 i’m confused…

bye,
    picci

cbx550f
    Participant

Pix, for now just do the “Start a custom game” and select the mod and the number of players etc from there. I’ll try to have a look at it tonight after work. I was also thinking I might make a model or two for this. 😉

Cheers

cbx

BOY
    Participant

i only mean to take out the extra stuff in the modinfo file for single player games, sorry, that was confusing

Picci
    Participant

the partially completed mod is here :

ftp://advguild.myftp.org:48/DATA/christmas.rar

(extract it to the scorched3d / DATA / globalmods folder )

please feel free to try it out and tell me about it 😀

(“bad” comments are appreciated)

bye,
    picci

thx to Thrax for the hosting and help

HWB
    Participant

@picci wrote:

(“bad” comments are appreciated)

thx to Thrax for the hosting and help

Bad Comments?
    How about–>I don’t like it…..Anything a craZy-TruCer makes will be lame….

J/K

But I never looked at it..I am looking forward to playing it. I like the theme……I hear CBX may make a map…..Watch has the burning christmas trees alarm you.

And this goes out to the Modders, Developers, And Players(playing or not) who care about this masterpiece …..Cheerz guys….Merry Holiday…..
    *clink*

*Wipes tears from eyes*
    All ppl need some peace this holiday…..Give urs today

BOY
    Participant

i downloaded the mod and I played it, it looks great! It does not work from the regular mods (user) folder and I had to move it to the globalmods folder. Is this the way you wanted it, I’m not sure if the mod will play properly from a server download, the server always downloads to the user folder, not the globalmods folder.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 77 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.