This topic contains 84 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Mcb Lover 9 years, 9 months ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #44952

    katjapurrs
    Participant

    Please don’t cancel the Christmas tournament! I’ve been looking forward to it for weeks now…

    ➡ If you cancel it then the terrorists have already won! 8)
    …..
    seriously though.. just because some morons came up with a way to make themselves feel smarter doesn’t mean we should restrict the things we do, or live differently or cancel tournaments, or come up with super-spy bills. As far as i know only one person has been (tentatively) banned for cheating so far. So while the bot may exist, it seems that the vast majority of scorchers are honest folks that just want to have a fun time.

    FREE FROSTY!!

    #44953

    PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

    from what I know only a hand ful of people have entered the tourny, surely it would be easy enough to tell, with a lil judgement who may use the bot.
    If you post who has entered, we could say that we have concerns about certain people.

    I didnt know that the cutie Kat had entered, hence Y I wasn;t AS bothered about it being cancelled, but now, its different, I love coming against her, theres few I have come across that are as good a sport that are of (IMO) equal skill.

    #44954

    Rommel
    Participant

    I beg to disagree here.
    @peanutsrevenge wrote:

    from what I know only a hand ful of people have entered the tourny, surely it would be easy enough to tell, with a lil judgement who may use the bot.
    If you post who has entered, we could say that we have concerns about certain people.

    I didnt know that the cutie Kat had entered, hence Y I wasn;t AS bothered about it being cancelled, but now, its different, I love coming against her, theres few I have come across that are as good a sport that are of (IMO) equal skill.

    The bot as I understand it, is impossible to spot if properly implemented. You don’t have to use it to make head shots every time. You can use it to hit close enough if that’s what you want. This being the case, you could walk a few shots towards your target but you’d know before pressing the fire key, exactly where that round was going to impact.

    First shot off to the left, next shot a little off to the right, next shot(s) right on target. Impossible to prove anything and I’ll say this again: Banning people without proof is BAD, banning the bot is good. Donate some cash, provide some incentive for a change.

    It’s very disturbing to see how few people have donated in light of the number of people that play almost daily and make all manner of requests but haven’t donated anything to the cause.

    No killing me, doesn’t count as a donation. 😉

    I must go destroy the world now. Krieg ohne Hass

    Sincerely,

    Generalfeldmarschall Erwin J. E. Rommel

    #44955

    Picci
    Participant

    only some players join the tournament on the forum.
    most just enter the server as it is, without previously joining…
    even though it is possible to allow only registered users to join (password protecting the server) i don’t think it would be good.

    #44956

    Laptops Daddy
    Participant

    : ) Christmas tournament. how is that serious enough for all this cheating bs to matter? it’s just for fun right? i may even enter myself, long as you don’t expect me to start singing carols.

    which reminds me, i need to buy eggs. [shuddering]. carol singers. if there’s one thing worse than a trick or treater, it’s a carol singer…

    #44957

    PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

    Of course Mr Rommel, but, I didnt want to post that, as im sure there are some thickos around that use / might use the thing and now have an idea of how to hide the fact.
    However, I still insist that with a lil judgement it would be possible to spot some people, which im sure you can figure yourself.

    As for donating, I would love to be able to, but, as yet I am unable to convince a bank to let me have a debit card to be able to make any online transactions (which can save me money, instead of buying in shops) let alone spend money on worthy causes!
    Also, I am sure that many people simply do not have spare cash, ESPECIALLY at this time of year. It is one of the issue of open source, we like things for free, but nothing is free, however, noone likes having to spend money, so doing so volentarily is… well, about as likely as me winning this tournament!

    #44958

    Rommel
    Participant

    Hi PeanutsRevenge:

    @peanutsrevenge wrote:

    Of course Mr Rommel, but, I didnt want to post that, as im sure there are some thickos around that use / might use the thing and now have an idea of how to hide the fact.
    However, I still insist that with a lil judgement it would be possible to spot some people, which im sure you can figure yourself.

    Anyone with even a rudementary knowledge of the bot already knew everything I posted so I don’t feel that this was much of a secret that needed to be kept quiet. Even without seeing it in action I know how it works and what it does. Knowlege isn’t dangerous, it’s what you do with it, or don’t do with it, that causes problems. Being aware of your surroundings is always a good idea and knowing what you’re up against isn’t a bad idea either.

    Agreed, it is possible to spot some people, however, at this time there is no way to prove difinitively that a person is or isn’t using it and this is the problem at hand. This isn’t a secret. I say at this time, because it’s very possible that the bot could report it’s users to the servers soon, or something equally devious. 😯 Maybe that’s why the source wasn’t released. There’s always another perspective. 😉 I hope it’s not something destructive to anyones machine, but you never know what you might get when you don’t practice safe hex. That’s why I suggested that BOY should set up a trash machine to test it if he was going to check it out and also why I didn’t download it myself.

    Perhaps you’ve noticed how popular MCB has become. As I understand the bot, it doesn’t show the trajectories of funky bombs, sand hogs, diggers, or any of the other multiple weapons. It simply shows where a missile will impact using your current aim and power setting. That’s why you wont find me agreeing to MCB. Why anyone would limit themselves to such an agreement knowing it gives the maximum advantage to the bot users is beyond my scope of reasoning. Everyone should be aware of this and take it into consideration before entering into any MCB agreements in the near future.

    @peanutsrevenge wrote:

    As for donating, I would love to be able to, but, as yet I am unable to convince a bank to let me have a debit card to be able to make any online transactions (which can save me money, instead of buying in shops) let alone spend money on worthy causes!

    Also, I am sure that many people simply do not have spare cash, ESPECIALLY at this time of year. It is one of the issue of open source, we like things for free, but nothing is free, however, noone likes having to spend money, so doing so volentarily is… well, about as likely as me winning this tournament!

    If this is the sentiment of most, it won’t be Gavin I’ll be blaming if the servers should ever dissapear (shudders at the thought).

    Sincerely,

    Rommel

    #44959

    Mcb Lover
    Participant

    QUOTE:
    Perhaps you’ve noticed how popular MCB has become. As I understand the bot, it doesn’t show the trajectories of funky bombs, sand hogs, diggers, or any of the other multiple weapons. It simply shows where a missile will impact using your current aim and power setting. That’s why you wont find me agreeing to MCB. Why anyone would limit themselves to such an agreement knowing it gives the maximum advantage to the bot users is beyond my scope of reasoning. Everyone should be aware of this and take it into consideration before entering into any MCB agreements in the near future.

    !!!
    Rommel you wrong…he works on all even lasers.

    #44960

    Laptops Daddy
    Participant

    yes, intervention.

    rommel. that’s nonsense.

    @rommel wrote:

    Even without seeing it in action I know how it works and what it does…

    Perhaps you’ve noticed how popular MCB has become. As I understand the bot, it doesn’t show the trajectories of funky bombs, sand hogs, diggers, or any of the other multiple weapons. It simply shows where a missile will impact using your current aim and power setting. That’s why you wont find me agreeing to MCB. Why anyone would limit themselves to such an agreement knowing it gives the maximum advantage to the bot users is beyond my scope of reasoning. Everyone should be aware of this and take it into consideration before entering into any MCB agreements in the near future.

    mcb rules are a means of establishing a fair playing ground where skill wins out over luck. it’s also a means of adding more of a challenge for those of us who actually play the game enough to know what it’s about.

    stop it with the bullshit.

    intentions and influence. i’m sure i mentioned that in another thread.

    part of me respects you for your direct approach, but at this stage your exaggerated pursuit of this white whale is damaging the community more than the cheats. you need to wake up to it.

    @rommel wrote:

    …it won’t be Gavin I’ll be blaming if the servers should ever disappear (shudders at the thought).

    i should hope so. please think carefully before ranting any further.

    and don’t play with fire., it’s good way to get burned.

    #44961

    Rommel
    Participant

    Dearest Vitos:

    It would be foolish of me to argue this point and I humbly defer. If it shows the impact location of the funky bomb and all of the small bombs released it is more sophisticated than I was led to believe. Hopefully you didn’t think I meant it wouldn’t draw a shot path for anything other than missiles but reading it in your post, I didn’t word it very well.

    @Mcb Lover wrote:

    QUOTE:
    Perhaps you’ve noticed how popular MCB has become. As I understand the bot, it doesn’t show the trajectories of funky bombs, sand hogs, diggers, or any of the other multiple weapons. It simply shows where a missile will impact using your current aim and power setting. That’s why you wont find me agreeing to MCB. Why anyone would limit themselves to such an agreement knowing it gives the maximum advantage to the bot users is beyond my scope of reasoning. Everyone should be aware of this and take it into consideration before entering into any MCB agreements in the near future.

    !!!
    Rommel you wrong…he works on all even lasers.

    I use to live in Missouri, show me. POM can explain about Missouri. Take a screen shot, not on the server, at home, of a funky bomb before firing, showing the impact location and the impact locations for all of the small bombs. That’s got to win the award for most controversial screen shot of the month, maybe even the year! If nothing else, I like MCB and it might get me off the NO MCB thing.

    Thanks,

    Rommel

    #44962

    Rommel
    Participant

    Oh sorry, I didn’t realize I was ranting. In any case, it could be nonsense but that’s the way I was told it worked. That it simply drew the shot path and strike location of the initial round. If I have been misinformed, I’m sorry for passing along misinformation but it seems that the people that know either aren’t sharing much about it or what they share is flawed. Hopefully this part, WHAT DOES IT DO ? can and will, be put to rest by some screen shots of what it actually does.

    @laptops Daddy wrote:

    yes, intervention.

    rommel. that’s nonsense.

    @rommel wrote:

    Even without seeing it in action I know how it works and what it does…

    Perhaps you’ve noticed how popular MCB has become. As I understand the bot, it doesn’t show the trajectories of funky bombs, sand hogs, diggers, or any of the other multiple weapons. It simply shows where a missile will impact using your current aim and power setting. That’s why you wont find me agreeing to MCB. Why anyone would limit themselves to such an agreement knowing it gives the maximum advantage to the bot users is beyond my scope of reasoning. Everyone should be aware of this and take it into consideration before entering into any MCB agreements in the near future.

    mcb rules are a means of establishing a fair playing ground where skill wins out over luck. it’s also a means of adding more of a challenge for those of us who actually play the game enough to know what it’s about.

    stop it with the bullshit.

    intentions and influence. i’m sure i mentioned that in another thread.

    part of me respects you for your direct approach, but at this stage your exaggerated pursuit of this white whale is damaging the community more than the cheats. you need to wake up to it.

    @rommel wrote:

    …it won’t be Gavin I’ll be blaming if the servers should ever disappear (shudders at the thought).

    i should hope so. please think carefully before ranting any further.

    and don’t play with fire., it’s good way to get burned.

    If someone, anyone, would post some screen shots of the bot in action the MCB issue can be put to rest. Maybe MCB is better but it depends on how the bot handles multiple warheads. Will it put a MIRV right on target or does it overshoot the MIRV’s like the rest of us? Inquiring Minds Want to Know. 😉

    Thanks

    Rommel

    #44963

    Rommel
    Participant

    This is the Christmas Tournament thread. The Christmas Tournament is FFA. If it’s not too much trouble, would someone please split off all the posts made after PeanutsRevenge replied to Katja and move them to the hack thread instead.

    Sorry for the hi-jack.

    Thanks,

    Rommel

    #44964

    Mcb Lover
    Participant

    Ask admins….they will send you copy of bot that you could kill some noobs:)

    #44965

    Rommel
    Participant

    Hi Vitos:
    @Mcb Lover wrote:

    Ask admins….they will send you copy of bot that you could kill some noobs:)

    Very good reply. You made me laugh. Perhaps we can start here and get this nasty business behind us SOON.

    In case Santa reads these posts, that is all I want for Christmas.

    Best wishes to you and VG,

    Rommel

    #44966

    Mcb Lover
    Participant

    QUOTE:
    Very good reply. You made me laugh. Perhaps we can start here and get this nasty business behind us SOON.

    You again not in time…
    THIS bussines already started HERE.
    rofl

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 86 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.