This topic contains 84 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Mcb Lover 9 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

TheOne
    Participant

im in 😀

S-killZ
    Participant

i might not be able to play in the tournament because my school is taking back the laptops for witer break! 😥 but i will try to stay in the tournament! 😛

Mcb Lover
    Participant

Skillz…u can save on disk your Id and go to the cyber cafe…or your small business dont let you that? 🙄

S-killZ
    Participant

@Mcb Lover wrote:

Skillz…u can save on disk your Id and go to the cyber cafe…or your small business dont let you that? 🙄

My business is internet based 😥 and none of the cyber cafe’s in my town let you download/upload things! 😥 This computer is my only soarce of internet other than my aunt’s dos! 😥 😥 😥

Mcb Lover
    Participant

ill tell how we do in Ukraine…
    just give admin of any1 cybercafe 10$ and he will allow you to download even own parents:)
    That will work i hope

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

I have a dream (well, its an idea, but I like that line), which applies to all tournaments and not just this one.
    Given that I have yet to compete in a tournament on this game, this MAY already be common, although I have yet to hear about it.

Would it be possible for a few people to record the goings on throughout the tournament especially the final and a video editing enthusiast to the compile it all together for a video of the tournament?

I’m seeing differnt camera angles of some of the coolest moments, bit of slow-mo replays etc, which would be put to a DVD.

This could then be torrentised so that everyone can help distribute it so that no extra money would be required for hosting/bandwidth.

This could bring some of the additional skills people have that love this game so much and kinna give a little back to the game/devs.

Might even the first (ever as far as it seems) to use the multiple angle function of DVD to see what ya fancy.

Given the capacities of hard drives these days and mega bandwidth of net connections (for those of us that have houses as neighbours and not just trees) file sizes wouldnt be a massive problem.

I know this would be a small time thing for scorched addicts only, but would allow everyone to see the action, get involved and re-live past triumphs / bad times a few years down the line with a ‘in my day grandson, we played THIS’

Any thoughts?

Picci
    Participant

genious

if some1 could do that it would be great, lol

Chopper
    Participant

Dang,I’m on vacation in a house with no internet…..
    Killum All for me Irish… 😈

Picci
    Participant

Thrax kindly applied some changes to the mod for it to work with v.41 .
    Unfortunately with university exams coming up and other stuff in the way, i haven’t had the time to develop more stuff for it.
    Now the question is:

WHAT SHOULD I/WE DO ?

the points to take into consideration are the following:

1. cheaters (gravity change on all maps ?, is random gravity appliable? would cheating programs calculate the gravity component anyways?)
    2. mod (would be exaclty like last year’s.. or maybe with a few slight changes if we decide to run the tournament and i get time to get a few things into it)
    3. if we decided to run the tournament b4 the exe is patched (against cheaters) is there any1 who could help with the development of new models/maps/scripts for the mod ?

that’s all for today folks.

Sincerely,
    Picci

PS Thrax if you see this post plz contact me on msn.

Rommel
    Participant

I can offer some help on the gravity issue:

@picci wrote:

Thrax kindly applied some changes to the mod for it to work with v.41 .
    Unfortunately with university exams coming up and other stuff in the way, i haven’t had the time to develop more stuff for it.
    Now the question is:

WHAT SHOULD I/WE DO ?

the points to take into consideration are the following:

1. cheaters (gravity change on all maps ?, is random gravity appliable? would cheating programs calculate the gravity component anyways?)
    2. mod (would be exaclty like last year’s.. or maybe with a few slight changes if we decide to run the tournament and i get time to get a few things into it)
    3. if we decided to run the tournament b4 the exe is patched (against cheaters) is there any1 who could help with the development of new models/maps/scripts for the mod ?

that’s all for today folks.

Sincerely,
    Picci

PS Thrax if you see this post plz contact me on msn.

There is nothing you can do to defeat the aimbot. To prevent it’s use, you have to be able to detect it upon logging onto the server. Once they are in the game, the shot placements are calculated using the gravity applicable at the time. Even though short shot time and random gravity changes are effective against counters, calulators, etc., they aren’t going to help against the bot. The only way to prevent it’s use it to rewrite the core. Speculation and banning people with no proof seems to be about as bad for the spirit of game as the bot.

Rommel

Picci
    Participant

…………………………………………………………………………….

XMAS TOURNAMENT SUSPENDED TILL FURTHER NOTICE

…………………………………………………………………………….

Thrax, i’m working on what u said… we’ll see how it goes…
    when i’m done we can test it with the aimbot and see if it holds..
    if it does. game-over. if it doesn’t work 🙂 success and the tourney
    will be back on 🙂

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

👿 Thought that might happen, is the best option, but I was really looking forward to that aswell.
    Hey Ho, not the first time the scum of the world ruin it for the decent people, guess we’ll just have to stoneage the bastage that wrote / published it.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Guys I really don’t understand the panic.

There are cheats for ALL internet games. You are just over reacting why let this spoil the tournament.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Guys I really don’t understand the panic.

There are cheats for ALL internet games. You are just over reacting why let this spoil the tournament.

Thats partly the reason why this is popular, its a grown up game that has mature people playing it, a gentlemans game if you will.

Also, with other games its easier to tell whos cheating and whos just really good, here its casting alot of doubt over the really good players.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

Also, with other games its easier to tell whos cheating and whos just really good, here its casting alot of doubt over the really good players.

A head-shot in CounterStrike or Quake or whatever is just as difficult to tell.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 86 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.