This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  cbx550f 10 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

This is a two in one post. Hope that’s ok.

First bit:

I had some dude coming on to me the other day in one of the servers (not particularly unusual in itself (all part of the job u know)), except that… It turned out this dude was a 7 year-old wanting to be friends.

(It’s v. difficult for those of us who are mostly adults to tell the mentally-deficient and/or foreign from the children ; ).

(All v. embarrassing). (Forget what I said about not swinging that way, um, the outdoor toy repair people are coming this Tuesday) : |

Anyway, I’m a bit concerned that a parent could allow the downloading of this game, without realising it has built in (often unmonitored) real-time chat facilities.

What d’you think about having a note at the top of the downloads page to the effect of: “This game includes real-time chat facilities that aren’t always monitored.” (or something similar). (It would advertise the chat thing (which is cool) and give parents some warning at the same time).

Second bit:

There was some ash hole in one of the servers earlier who clearly needed kicking, but there were no admins around. So I was wondering, could you make it so that a group of players can kick another player?

(Something like: If there are 4 or more players in the room and all but one of them enter a command in the console [kick “ash hole”] (or similar) (independently))

DeVice
    Participant

Second bit : I don’t want that, because it would be easy for a band of bad aimers to kick the winner just before game end 🙂

Report those problems in the “player and server complaints” forum, mentioning server, time, and nickname of offender(s).

Eventually a bored admin will check the logs and take appropriate actions.

apache64d
    Participant

De, got bord eh? 😆 😉
    yes Lap we read it and we will handle it if he comes back.
    Ty for the info.
    The One also told the admins about it.

mooic
    Participant

Lappy if the you click on forum then look at the very bottom of the page it does tell you who is on line right now, so you could send a PM to an admin for immediate action (if on line) if required or if not then post in the players complaints section as mentioned before, logs will be checked and action taken where required.
    As for the issue of children the i agree that sometime chat can be not suitable for the younger eyes so it may be advisable to ask A/S/L if a conversation becomes not what you expected, as a father myself i can usually tell the younger player by what they are saying but agree that it could be difficult for some to destinguish. Bear in mind that the young are very impressionable and this should be in the back of everyones minds when playing as is the case for many the young may not be actually playing but in the background watching, personally i will say to all that my childeren are watching so go easy in the chat but also i have been aware that after specific chat players have asked for the chat to be toned down a little.

Casey

Deathstryker
    Participant

This would only apply for windows (but I’m sure most kids play it on windows anyway) but maybe have a warning when they install the game that chat monitoring is not always guaranteed.

Brain Damage
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

There was some ash hole in one of the servers earlier who clearly needed kicking, but there were no admins around. So I was wondering, could you make it so that a group of players can kick another player?

(Something like: If there are 4 or more players in the room and all but one of them enter a command in the console [kick “ash hole”] (or similar) (independently))

http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3582

Shotzo
    Participant

cbx550f
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

This would only apply for windows (but I’m sure most kids play it on windows anyway) but maybe have a warning when they install the game that chat monitoring is not always guaranteed.

If that gets added, please, oh PLEASE change it to “it’s live chat – we cannot control what people say” or something. The phrase “not always guaranteed” somehow scares me. 😉

Not a bad idea, generally speaking. I’d say maybe put it in the docs, and in the README.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.