This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Rossi 10 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

SPYRER
    Participant

In responce to to many posts lets narrow it down.

Is making a custom window or grid unfair?

is editing the program to make a custom crosshair on shot view unfair?

is editing the program to aid tracer tails to all shots unfair?

is enlarging certain grids or windows unfair?

is removing terrain features (like water) unfair?

adding features like the slope or landscape grid unfair?

can other voice or text messaging be eliminated from the game to prevent trucing, shot advice, and other things?

If a player dies can he/she be prevented from watching the game and giving advice over other text and chat programs?

these are all things in the program that can be done player side ( and a few more).

given the open nature of the program ( thank you GCAMP ) can the server be set to check for the above items? (without to much lag I hope).

If the above items cannot be prevented by the program and/or servers let’s make them available to all. That way everyone has the option to use them or not. Square counting is here to stay ever since Vhor put the instructions on how to do it one his webpage, custom grids have been around since AT’s day. Plus there are many other none program related or editing aids around since day one. Feel free to see my other post for examples and method. But the above items I do not know if they can be killed or even checked by the servers. Feel free to input and offer suggestions/solutions with your input. Given enough polls/posts and flames anything can be established. But solutions are few, and I do not have the knowledge to find out. Given the technical skill of this community some one does 😀

BOY
    Participant

just so you know, if this is a feature request, or something for general discussion, I can move it to the appropriate place, but if it is a gripe about someone or some specific thing, then please continue, since that is basically what this forum is for. 😉

mooic
    Participant

And vihors web address is ? 😉

BigBear
    Participant

@mooic wrote:

And vihors web address is ? 😉

It wasn’t Vihor, it was demi. The page was taken down when he left the game some time ago (now that he is back you can ask him yourself if he wants to share).

mooic
    Participant

Sry, wasnt a serious comment, in light of the other thread running at the mo i thought i would just clarify.

Demimurych
    Participant

Fair only 2 thing. Game posibilites, and barine.

Game have grid – so i can count celss.

Another program – calculator, code hack – all of this unfair.

Willis
    Participant

My Perspective in corresponding order:

Maybe.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    No.
    Maybe.
    No.
    No.

Rossi
    Participant

In my humble opinion: everything the unmodified client allows you to do cannot be regarded as cheating. For some “features” you have to change the client, since it doesn’t permit the thing in question by default. Customising the client in that way should be considered as cheating. It’s like secretly changing the weapon from a sabre to a pump-action.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.