This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 15 years ago.

• Author

Anonymous
    Participant

1: TRACERS As they are right now, tracers are basically pointless; you may as well fire a baby missile. To make tracers more useful, they could leave a flare of the player’s color that would last until the player fires their next shot.
    2: SMOKE TRACERS Currently, these ‘weapons’ leave a dashed line behind them as they fly. This is a good thing. However, the line disappears as soon as the shell hits. So I would propose that the line persists until the player’s next shot. Good for shooting over hills.
    3: BABY MISSLES Now, to give players some incentive to buy the improved tracers, I think that the supply of baby missles should be limited, just like the other weapons. The players should still start with a supply of them, however.
    4: FREE MARKET ECONOMY It’s simple really. Everything starts out cheap, but high demand items get more expensive, lesser demand items get cheaper.
    5: COMMUNIST ECONOMY Fixed prices, slightly cheaper than that of a standard economy. However, there is a limited supply of each item (random each turn) that must be shared amoung all players. For example, if Johnny buys the only Death’s Head, Marco won’t be able to buy it. Items would still come in the same number per set as usual. So if I buy the only baby nuke set, I still get three.
    6: SIMULTANEOUS Everybody programs their tank, then everybody shoots at once.
    7: VARIABLE WIND The wind changes direction and force after every round.

Bah. I have more, but I’m forgetting it as fast as I can think. Oh! You’ve GOT to change the disbersal pattern of MIRVs and Death’s Heads.

Gio

Anonymous
    Participant

Tracers in the orignal were useless except they really got through force feilds

in the orignal all shots left a trail but they dont in this game. smoke tracers should leave a trail for several turns so you can line up and modify your shots until your aim is right for that nuke

market ideas are nice and closely modle the orignal

Anonymous
    Participant

death head’s spread is nice. should be more expensive though

being the game is 3rd i’d like the funky bomb to shoot off in a random direction and the mirv should break off to make a tight circle blast instead of a straffing run of bombs (one bomb in the center and 6 in a circle around it or somethin)

Anonymous
    Participant

1: TRACERS 2: SMOKE TRACERS

I agree tracers are pretty usless at the moment. They were useless in the original too. I am thinking of changing them so the traces left persist for the entire round (like you said). I may also change them so they are not seperate weapon choices but can be enabled on all weapons.
    e.g. A nuke with tracers enabled would leave a path.

3: BABY MISSLES

Not sure about this one. If missiles are limited you could get to a point that no one has any weapons left and just needs to resign.

4: FREE MARKET ECONOMY 5: COMMUNIST ECONOMY 6: SIMULTANEOUS

These are modes from the original game and will get done when I get time.

7: VARIABLE WIND The wind changes direction and force after every round.

I decided not to do this (i may make it an option) because in 3d this would make the tanks really difficult to hit.

8: MIRV pattern

Not sure about this either (I’ll play and think about it). I don’t want to make this weapon too powerful.

Anonymous
    Participant

Then how about allowing the player to make the weapons more powerful like in the original.

IE: varialbe wind but a nuke would take out a massive chunk of land

Anonymous
    Participant

Good idea, that way I also may be able to kill someone.

I have just put in variable wind (as an option), now I’ll see how hard it is to hit things.

Anonymous
    Participant

The game really really really needs network play and teams!!!

Anonymous
    Participant

Teams would be a nice twist

Anonymous
    Participant

I have to agree, I just downloaded the game and I LOVE it but, I would LOVE and would even pay if the game had NETWORK play.

Anonymous
    Participant

noooooo the evil pay word
    :/

or maybe some sorta ware, considering this is a large undertaking.

careware ??

Anonymous
    Participant

I don’t agree with charging at all Im currently working on a major game called Arms of Enchantment.
    http://www.planettribes.com/aoe

and were not charging at all we even had to pay for the engine. I totally support free games unless there in a persistent world were bandwidth and admin are a major factor and cost is real high because of it.

I do thinkw e need a network game with direct IP connect or maybe even a gui based system that shows all the games. I’m sure you can get a free server to save and ping all the current games being hosted.

I think there should be a Mass choas mode were every one gets to shot when they want at any time but has a reload time for there tank. Maybe the damage and type of weapon can be taken under consideration when it comes to reload.

Anonymous
    Participant

Sorry about not posting this on the last one.

When you make a network game You should have a waiting room area were the rules are predefined.

Anonymous
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestions Rasulis

Your game looks cool, and so many developers! What is the tribes engine like to work with? All my friends (yes I do have em) are too lazy to do any stuff after work perhaps this slagging will get them moving.

No worries, I am not going to charge people. If I wanted to make money out of it I would have worked for a games company

I have talked to The ‘All Seeing Eye’ people http://www.udpsoft.com/eye/index.html, their product looks very cool (a server browser for people that don’t know) and is free to integrate with. I am hoping to use/will use this program to allow users to find games.

The waiting room is something I am going to have to think about. Users are going to have to wait for enough players to start a match. In fact the whole multiplayer gameplay needs some thoughts. At present I think it will pretty much like the single player mode (only against remote players). After that I will have a look at how things are going (and perhaps other games) to see if it is working.

Anonymous
    Participant

‘Rasulis on Fri Oct 18 02:45:22 2002

I think there should be a Mass choas mode were every one gets to shot when they want at any time but has a reload time for there tank. Maybe the damage and type of weapon can be taken under consideration when it comes to reload.’

I was thinking about somthing like this to but what i was thinking is let every1 set there shot up and then have them all fire at once. I could see it being very confusing as to being able to figure out who is shooting at you but that would be half the fun in a multi player mode. but eather of theas modes should be options of game play.

oh and I my self am a light wate programer to and would be more than willing to help, I just need to know what tools and how to get them.

Anonymous
    Participant

I agree. In the original there was a mode that let the users all select weapons and fire. The shots didn’t actualy launch until all players had made there moves.

Any programming help is welcome Presently you need MS Visual .NET C++ which is very expensive . I couldn’t have afforded it myself unless I had won a copy. I will write a makefile that allows developers to use any compiler (like the borland free compiler).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.