This topic contains 57 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Deathstryker 12 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

jdog
    Participant

I don’t see any problems with getting kills. 19 kills total in 6 rounds and I’ve seen more people with round wins before in a game in verison 38.

Has anyone tried adjusting the shield settings in the accessories.xml file to increase the shield penetration and removepower for each shield to see if this fixes anything?

comedown
    Participant

@shark wrote:

Of course, a lot of people in that game just went on and purchased shields from the start. And that’s propably what a newbie might also do. This left me with no kills for about four or five rounds, because I’d be pounding on those shields with my meager weapons and getting killed a bit too often.
    However, after that, these players had depleted their cash reserves, while I’d been earning a nice interest. In round 5 and 6 or so, very few, if any, bought shields. I still didn’t get myself any, because I was foresighted. In those rounds, I began catching up.
    Then everything went upside down. I could now afford buying Hot Napalm with a small grip from my pocket (HN takes down a force shield quite effectively, I might add. Doesn’t need to be in a hole, either). I countered one single force shield after that round, which I took out with a HN. Rest of the game I was pretty much dominating with pure baby rollers. Even with 0 kills in the first few rounds, I won with 19 kills in the end. Socalled “newbies” may seem invincible with shields in a few first rounds, but if you don’t save cash, you’ll deplete your reserves and leave yourself wide open in the latter part of the game.

You need both skill and cash to defeat those shields, cash which you in turn need some skill to hold onto. You need to rethink a few things, be foresighted, and save your cash. Which all requires you to be a good player.

that’s exactly what i’m getting at, it makes the game far more interesting in my opinion.

it’s never just the luck of the spawn which decides who wins now, it’s all down to how good the players are. 🙂

Willis
    Participant

Well ok.. I get the “baby roller” crisis before and better understand how – to damage a sheild – you must have shot close enough to “damage” a unit (pretend sheild not exist).

So that limits the use of the perfect baby roller. Nice.

However I still belive in two things:

if rollers roll against a sheild – damage should be done. Even if per sphere its 1 damage against it.

Likewise when a roller or ANYTHING explodes near a sheild – the sheild itself should act as an entity and take in *some* damage. Even in small incriments it should. I dont think a napalm or baby roller going against a sheild but not damaging at least a little is weird.

A Moogle
    Participant

@1 wrote:

I dont like this new gameplay.If you cant win round this is not problem of weak shields.This means what you have less skills.

So basically, what you’re implying here (1) is that you don’t like the new shields because you are less skilled?

Let me know if that’s not what you meant 😉

Panther30
    Participant

@A Moogle wrote:

@1 wrote:

I dont like this new gameplay.If you cant win round this is not problem of weak shields.This means what you have less skills.

So basically, what you’re implying here (1) is that you don’t like the new shields because you are less skilled?

Let me know if that’s not what you meant 😉

sounds like what he means A Moogle. 😀

Ebonite
    Participant

the true mark of a skilled player is the ability to adapt. If a player cannot adapt, then maybe that player wasn’t all that skilled to begin with…

Personally, I haven’t played the new version yet. I’ve been sick, so it’s mostly bed rest for me. Looking at all the comments, however, I may have te reexamine my “no shield” policy and look at alternate weapons if diggers and rollers a losing effectiveness. Ah, well. I can still play for money…

JT
    Participant

@m. O. wrote:

how about you shrink that pic for the benefit of the 56ker’s on here.

Thanks
    M. O.

Thanks for crapping my screenshot.I dont think there was some problem with image size (look http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1487 ).So you just crap these 3 shielded players to hide this lame sh*t.

Thanks
    J. T.

Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Ok just to show what a nice guy I am, I have made a windows patch for people that like the old POV:-

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/scorched3d/Scorched3D-38.1-povfix.zip?download

When running the game a new option should appear in the HUD menu (press “i” while playing a game). This option allows the old POV settings to be used.

You are really nice guy,Gavin.Please decide the problem with shields a bit faster…Because THIS problem is much serious than POV.Thank you.

M. O.
    Participant

@jt wrote:

@m. O. wrote:

how about you shrink that pic for the benefit of the 56ker’s on here.

Thanks
    M. O.

Thanks for crapping my screenshot.I dont think there was some problem with image size (look http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1487 ).So you just crap these 3 shielded players to hide this lame sh*t.

Thanks
    J. T.

You did not need to crop it just resize it a bit. maybe 800×600 would have been ok. 🙄

Shark
    Participant

Made a decision. I vote “no”. Keep them as they are now. I’m absolutely willing to go on compromise though. But at least don’t take them all the way back to 38.0. I really like being forced to use other, bigger weapons at times 🙂

imported_gcamp
    Participant

After this topic
    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1492
    the voting score has been reset to the correct amount.

Participant

@shark wrote:

Made a decision. I vote “no”. Keep them as they are now. I’m absolutely willing to go on compromise though. But at least don’t take them all the way back to 38.0. I really like being forced to use other, bigger weapons at times 🙂

Leave big weapon for newbies.If you can play well there is no matter to use BIG shields and BIG weapons…Use normal weapon and normal shields.This is like (old shield/baby roller) = (new shield/lucky hot napalm) or (new shield/few heavy diggers to disarm shield+weapon to kill) but takes much less shots.Look at JT’s screenshot to understand what i talking about.

Shark
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

After this topic
    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1492
    the voting score has been reset to the correct amount.

I thought the polls looked a bit suspicious. Good job of catching him 🙂

@1 wrote:

Leave big weapon for newbies.If you can play well there is no matter to use BIG shields and BIG weapons…Use normal weapon and normal shields.This is like (old shield/baby roller) = (new shield/lucky hot napalm) or (new shield/few heavy diggers to disarm shield+weapon to kill) but takes much less shots.Look at JT’s screenshot to understand what i talking about.

Even though I don’t think it’s going to help arguing with you, I’ll do it anyway. If not to sway your opinion, then maybe to sway others 😉
    When I say I like being forced to use bigger weapons, I mean it in the way that it can maybe get a bit boring using baby rollers _almost all the time_. The old shields posed no challenge. Heck, I never even used diggers or hogs to make rollerpits, I just fired a baby roller in the right spot and presto, instant kill.
    So what are the roller and the heavy roller then for? Exclusively newbies? No, please. I want a reason to be using them too. And the hot napalm, for that matter. And shields are that reason. While the weapons to defeat shields can be expensive, the shields themselves are not too cheap either.
    Socalled “newbies” might buy big weapons to get a few quick kills. Skilled players will buy them to defeat shields.
    In the games I’ve been in since the release of 38.1, double or triple wins haven’t really been such a big problem, either.
    As I said, I’m with people on making a compromise of some sort, but don’t change it back to 38.0. It’s more fun with stronger shields 😉

Irishbandit
    Participant

I think that players going into the water (the mom) so that napalm does not work is going to be a problem weither the shields are changed or not i think it might be good idea to turn napalm back on under water, or something. By the way you need to add another choice neutral, for those of us that dont have a firm idea yet. Just a suggestion so i will pick changed from 38 to take into account napalm underwater.

Willis
    Participant

napalms under water has been argued for the last time 😆 I think gavin put a LOCK on the off button so it can’t be changed.

But seriously sneaking underwater for napalms is not a problem IMO. See thats a strategy to me, person uses fuel to live. Sheilds still should receive damage if above water n in range of napalm – but the fact remains the unit itself is underwater so napalm should not be harming the unit itself.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.