This topic contains 57 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Deathstryker 12 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

imported_gcamp
    Participant

I sense people don’t like the shield settings!
    Should we change the shield settings back to 38.0 settings?

Participant

@gcamp wrote:

I sense people don’t like the shield settings!
    Should we change the shield settings back to 38.0 settings?

YES we do! My first vote! 😀 Lets SAVE old gameplay and fun!

apache64d
    Participant

yes. please it was more fun..and less expesive to “eat” shields in the 38v.

apache

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Remember napalm will take down a shield quite well…

jdog
    Participant

I think we should leave the shields alone. As someone who is modding part of the time, having to keep changing the values and redoing stuff on a big file can get old very quickly.

Deathstryker
    Participant

I voted for the second option. I like the fact that it takes more shots from a weak weapon to bring down a shield however, powerful weapons that people have spent their hard earned money on should do more damage *Nudge, nudge Nuke*

jdog
    Participant

yes … but before just about any weapon could take down a shield, we need shileds that can take a nuke and survive…. makes it harder for the funky and run players to make kills.

Deathstryker
    Participant

Yeah but I’m pretty sure this guy had a basic shield. Nothing fancy. I would understand if it was a really good shield but I don’t think it was.

Willis
    Participant

Regarding sheilds…

First and formost – rollers do not hurt sheilds. (do they do damage to tanks??) Wether its in a bounce or explosion they don’t. 😕 Thats just wrong …

Another problem I noticed when trying to napalm the force sheild (fyi – regular napalms are quite strong… too strong IMO). The fire was right though the edge of the sheild – however it was too far from the unit itself. The sheild never got hurt.

I think when a force sheild bounces away a projectile it should receive 15% damage .. at least that.. if not 20%. It would be cool if it the damage could very pending on streth of projecile launch (say a 1k power point blank range, vs 1k power shot across the map).

Also, if you turned on the roller damage attributes – that would significantly make a difference in sheild survival.

jdog
    Participant

ahhh.
    Gcamp, the code that deterimes shield penetration was changed alot since v38?

Is there a middle ground that can still give better shields but not have a basic “shield” be strong enough to take a nuke and survive?

question to everyone…
    How strong should each shield be?
    the basic shield beable to take a baby nuke and still have power?
    should shields that low penetration have a high power drain on the shield to make up for the power? This could give many different classes of shields..
    -Lower class of shields-
    Low penetration and high power usage .25/.95
    Mid penetration and mid power usage .50/.65
    high penetration and low power usage .75/.35

-Higher class of shields-
    Low penetration and low power usage .15/.15
    Mid penetration and mid power usage .25/.25
    high penetration and high power usage .35/.35

I have no clue as to pricing but this is only an example as to what “could” be done. That is the main problem I’m having making a mod is pricing.
    (any help would be welcome.)

Can you have a penetration of zero?
    Can you have a power usage of zero?
    Would a shield of zero penetration zero power usage be invicible?

Deathstryker
    Participant

I think the question now is not whether the shield system should be changed but how. I think I’m gonna do some research on the original and post the results of various weapons on various shields. Watch this space…

So far I have:
    Direct Shots of anything (No Health Lost):
    10 shots depletes standard shields
    15 shots depletes heavy shields

Exceptions:
    1)Rollers simply roll off shields causing no harm to the shield but if your tank is at the lowest point of elevation the roller would detonate upon leaving the shield
    2)Since Leap Frogs pose a triple threat hitting a direct shot on a shield causes triple damage when compared to the numbers above.

Indirect Shots (Damage dependent on how close the is to the tank):
    (The %’s are a little sketchy but gives an idea)
    1)Nuke destroys standard shields always and if close enough could bring health down. (Most damage to health was around 70%)
    2)Baby Nuke can damage standard shields anywhere from 95% to 50% but was never powerful enough to deplete shields.

Panther30
    Participant

@jdog wrote:

yes … but before just about any weapon could take down a shield, we need shileds that can take a nuke and survive…. makes it harder for the funky and run players to make kills.

I’m sure there are a lot of players who agree with this (those who have been the targets of such attacks constantly). I vote leave the shields alone they are fine.

M. O.
    Participant

Peesonally I think the need to accept the game as is; if you want it like the original Scorched Earth then play that one. Ilike the game and Mr. Camp has done alot of hard work and I for one am greatful. Keep it up. It’s your game and you control it the way you want.

Everyone get used to it and keep the game rolling on Your terms Mr. Camp.

M. O.

Deathstryker
    Participant

@m. O. wrote:

Peesonally I think the need to accept the game as is; if you want it like the original Scorched Earth then play that one. Ilike the game and Mr. Camp has done alot of hard work and I for one am greatful. Keep it up. It’s your game and you control it the way you want.

Everyone get used to it and keep the game rolling on Your terms Mr. Camp.

M. O.

Of course he is free to do what he wants, but he has expressed, at least to some degree, an importance to make the shields closer to the original. I’m not forcing the issue down his throat to change things to a certain way, I’m merely posting information on the original for reference material.

Right now the poll seems to be close on the shields issue and if it stays that way, I guess he is free to do what he wants but had they gone one sided it really would have been important to make that change in accordance with the polls because it just wouldn’t make since to go against your fan base.

I’m tired, gonna go to bed now.

Miroslav
    Participant

YES YES YES YES YES!!!!
    thats my vote:)
    this is different game with that shields…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.