This topic contains 27 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BOY 12 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Spectrum
    Participant

yeah any way u do it, it’s going to be hard to do with all the time zones the different people are in. i think your suggesting might be the best way though wowbagger.[/quote]

BOY
    Participant

Ok, the password is now reset to the new Championship password. the server stats have also been reset. Gavn has decided the mod for us in that for simplicity sake, its all the same rules as in Qualification 😀 . I know some will be pleased with this. I think that for a quality game, 4 players is still a good minimum number.

there are only 9 people joined up including one player who has said they are quitting the game altogether. Considering our limitations on players and game times though, I will approve 12 total players to play in the Championship. Depending on the quitter, that leaves room for 4 more players to join.

The first 4 requests from the following player list, will be approved to play.
    starkfu
    Guy Parker
    Poolee Crap Shooter
    Bojo
    Gray
    ChmOOrecK
    Glamdring
    GreenLantern
    ShoCkwaVe
    cbx550f
    apache64D
    Thorrrben
    (mollusca) cephalopoda

I am currently thinking of putting together an actual certificate for the winner of the tournamet. Hopefully this will give me added incentive to win, so I can save the postage stamp 😉

Spectrum
    Participant

so no one besides those on your list will be alowed is that correct? Or can somone like me join?

BOY
    Participant

@spectrum wrote:

so no one besides those on your list will be alowed is that correct? Or can somone like me join?

yes, you cannot join unless your score from the qualification tournament is good enough, unfortuantely its over and you did not get a chance to play in it before the date i sent for the end, it did run for three weeks though.

Tell you what, if by friday I have no further requests (i now have 9 members besides myslef of which one is no longer playing) then i will approve you to play. Just put in a request to join, there are currently still 3 slots open

The tournament has not gone quite as smoothly as i hoped it would, but I still think it was fun for a number of us. I like to be flexibile but I also want to go by the rules I am setting. It is hard cuz people want to just be able to show up on their free time and play in the tournament, which is of course impossible without planning the game. (I wish people would read the rules 🙄 🙄 😥 😥 😥 😥 )

BOY
    Participant

I wanted to come up with something fun for the Championship scoring. THis will also be posted in the rules: any feedback is helpful

CHAMPIONSHIP SCORING

Kills +3 pts
    Round win +5 pts
    Game win +20 pts
    Round played -2 pts
    Resign -2 pts
    Self kill -1 pt

Bonus points
    highest kill ratio +30 pts
    highest win ratio +30 pts
    highest $$/round +30 pts
    most game wins +20 pts
    most round wins +20 pts
    most kills +20 points

Edit: we could also do away with scoring and go by single game win. had a chat with Apache, we had thought that a good time to arange a game would be friday evening. Hopefully if we can get two games of at least 4 different players each, then we will have two winners who can face off for the championship.

Wowbagger
    Participant

Why dont we just post a date and time and see who shows up????

Or pm tournament members with the date/time and see what happens.

I can see that this whole time zone thing is a HUGE problem. LOL

BOY
    Participant

Currently planning a championship game for friday. Tenative start time is 6:30 central time. (GMT-6 according to this site its GMT-5 due to no daylight savings)

so that means according to the clock on this site the game time will be:
    FRIDAY 11:30 PM (GMT +0)

starkfu
    Participant

can play anytime after 6cst

krafTWerK
    Participant

here’s a little help for us all 😀

BOY
    Participant

Thank you for the map Kraftwerk, It should be useful for planning future Tournaments.

A little reminder for any of you laggers out there 😛

Championship Game Time:
    official site time(gmt+0) – 2330 hours Friday June 24, 2005

NOTE to US players:
    gametime = 1930 hpurs eastern time

NOTE to ALL players:
    Please sign in as spectator and we will begin game as soon as we cant take the waiting for late players 😀

provided that we have a decent turn out tonight, this game will determine the OVERALL WINNER. MEANING IT WILL BE THE LAST GAME ❗

BOY
    Participant

GAME REPORT:

The World Champion is …

Blasterman ! ! !

sorry, with all the stress, i forgot to get a screenshot 🙄 anyone got it?

Blasterman makes history – Friday June 24, 2005
    It was fun had by all….well, there were hearbreaks too 🙁 . Noob Bandit was booted twice by my server because i had short idle settings (I whipped it up when the official one crashed) We had people that were deathly ill in the game by sheer willpower. (bobirov) and guys who might be asleep at their keyboards in the dead of night (Kraftwerk and apache)

The full game was played by:
    apache64d
    blasterman
    Boy
    Ebonite
    Greenlantern
    Irishbandit
    Kraftwerk
    Wowbagger

Thanks to all the guys who played

Special thanks to Gavin and Rob for making the tournament possible

Special thanks to Direwolf, Poolee, and Miroslav for their ideas and getting the tournament started

apache64d
    Participant

boy, y not publish it in the general forum….??

*lookig for his silver medal…*

CONGRATZ BLASTERMAN ❗ ❗

apache.

Irishbandit
    Participant

Congrats blasterman, apache, and boy for taking top 3.

BOY
    Participant

Congratulations B-man!! you are THE-man!!

Way 2 Go!

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.