This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  poolee 13 years ago.

• Author

poolee
    Participant

Hi everyone

After playing around with v38 beta and then losing my Unique ID (thanks for getting that back to me Gavin!!), I now find I am unable to see any custom tanks APART from the Mishal Ghost Tank. None apart from this one don’t even show in the tank selection window.

I have done the following in an attempt to fix this problem:
    – uninstalled Scorched
    – removed the .scorched3d folder
    – checked the regisrty for anything scorched related
    – reinstalled Scorched
    – tried tanks in v38 with exactly the same problem

If you have more suggestions, I’m willing to try almost anything.

HELP!!!! 🙁

Ebonite
    Participant

@poolee wrote:

– reinstalled Scorched

All the tank info needs to be added to your tanks.xml file, again. Reinstallig restored the default tanks.xml

Cambo
    Participant

I ran into this as well, make sure that the tank detail in the config section is set to high.

By default from CVS this setting is set to medium, and most of the custom tanks are WAY over the threshold for high detail tanks.

Cam

poolee
    Participant

@ebonite² wrote:

@poolee wrote:

– reinstalled Scorched

All the tank info needs to be added to your tanks.xml file, again. Reinstallig restored the default tanks.xml

Ah, Knew I would forget to add the obvious… 😉

Thanks Eb, had added the tanks of course, but they still don’t appear. Added to v38 too, but don’t appear there either.

Double-checked the tanks.xml additions, tried changing the names of the files, even mispelt the the tank name on one model to see it if was being loaded at all. Yup, got the error message that the file could not be found, did I want to restart Scorched in safe mode…

😥

@cambo wrote:

I ran into this as well, make sure that the tank detail in the config section is set to high.

By default from CVS this setting is set to medium, and most of the custom tanks are WAY over the threshold for high detail tanks.

Thanks for the suggestion Cambo… came across this early on too when I had my first tank from shockwave(tm). Double-checked this again just to be sure, but sure enough, it was already on high. So that’s not it either… 🙁

Keep ’em coming please – obvious as well as geeky suggestions welcomed! ❗ ❗ ❗

.–.ShoCkwaVe.–.
    Participant

first of all its always good to backup “ALL”
    of the folders in data I always keep a spear in times of emergency

all I can suggest is to crumple up V38 completely and rid it
    from your system You probably have the shockwave tank bug version beta V 38 as I did
    poolee as far that goes gavin wrote me a letter saying in the newest release that bug is fixed so for now heh throw out beta its not ready yet
    as far as I know, the one I had only 3 tanks worked in it unless you unchecked the no tank skin box in display settings they would crash

Just try this REINSTALL scorched 3D 37.2 & dont place beta any where near your hard drive heh

then place your player ID back into the Display Settings/ID

then extract all the tanks back to scorched/data/tanks

(NOTE) all tanks are CASE Sensitive meaning in the script lines of the Tanks.xml they need to be copied from the instructions that came with
    the tank pack zips … If one letter is in capital letters where it should’nt be… then nobody else sees your tank !!

Here is a copy of my tanks.xml

right click on tanks.XML choose edit & add these lines (or)
    wichever tanks you wish

Cobra H.I.S.S
    Tank
    cobrahiss/cobrahiss.txt

R2D2
    Starwars
    r2d2/r2d2.txt

Lava Tank
    Tank
    lavatank/lavatank.txt

Mishal*GhosT*Tank
    Tank
    mishalghosttank/mishalghosttank.txt

X-Wing
    Starwars
    xwing/xwing.txt

Vaders Tie Fighter
    Starwars
    vaderstie/vaderstie.txt

AT-AT Walker
    Starwars
    atatwalker/atatwalker.txt

USS Enterprise
    High Def
    enterprise/enterprise.txt

Colonial Viper
    Future
    viper/viper.txt

Cylon Raider
    Future
    raider/raider.txt

FIREFOX
    High Def
    firefox/firefox.txt

Black FIREFOX
    High Def
    blfirefox/firefox.txt

Master Yoda
    Humour
    yoda/yoda.txt

CF-104
    High Def
    CF-104/104.txt

Tux
    tux/tux.txt
    Humour

Blaster
    blaster/blaster.txt

Raptor
    Humour
    Raptor/Raptor.txt

Bird of Prey
    High Def
    birdofprey/birdofprey.txt

Red Dwarf BuG
    Humour
    reddwarfbug/reddwarfbug.txt

Gooseberry Gun
    High Def
    gooseberrygun/gooseberrygun.txt

RoCkeT MaN
    Future
    rocketman/rocketman.txt

uuuugh thats all there is to it poolee I am sorry to hear the problems
    & hope I helped in some way

poolee
    Participant

@.-*-.ShoCkwaVe.-*-. wrote:

poolee as far that goes gavin wrote me a letter saying in the newest release that bug is fixed so for now heh throw out beta its not ready yet
    as far as I know, the one I had only 3 tanks worked in it unless you unchecked the no tank skin box in display settings they would crash

My friend, you have inadvertently stumbled onto the fix!!! 😀

Ticking the box for “No Tank Skin” finally showed the tanks when next running the game – obviously looking VERY bland. THEN going back and UNticking the box showed all the custom tanks in all their glory!!!!! YAY!!!! 😀 Somehow, this fixes something somewhere that was broken – buggered if I know where though! Gavin?? ❓ ❓

So, Shockwave(TM), don’t let anyone tell you you’re NOT genius, cos I have proof right here that you are!!! 😉

Thanks for your help everyone! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.