This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Spectrum 10 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Viking62
    Participant

You know when sometimes you have that one special day in your life that will be talked about forever in future generations? Well,I just had one of those days.

Mix these together…………………..Dry grass fields,force 5 wind (that changes directions a lot),a 11 year old & a black lab to help ya……Oh yeah–almost forgot (NOT!), add to this fire & 60 degree temps

What ya get….. ➡ A forest Fire in the National forest bordering your property 😳
    We do this every year to get rid of undesirable old grass & brush—to top it off my fiance says you shouldnt burn today…(There are 2 Jinx’s in this world afterall). Long story shortened—-15 guys,1 helicopter,7 trucks & $125.00 fine from the United States District court (nice guys/got lucky here)……….You wouldnt think you could Scorch the land so miserably with a few pieces of burnin toilet paper.
    Note to self–Ask Pastor of muppets to come down next spring to toss the toilet paper out the truck window just to see the 😯 on his face when a force 5 comes up.
    Invitation–If any of my Scorched3d pals get bored…….You know who to look up for some memorable moments 😉

– Note the helicopter dumping water on the fire –

Spectrum
    Participant

nice, but then again, bad 😕

Viking62
    Participant

I guess a picture is worth a few words……Sorry Spectrum 😯

(You NEED To Be Logged In To See Pictures)

pastor of muppets
    Participant

OOPS! I just stopped by the store and am on my way to your house with a family pack of double roll two ply. Gonna be a blast.

JiNx
    Participant

ouch im a pyromaniac but ive never gone that far well nearly blowing up a gas station when i was 16 and then helping the fire brigade put it out and getting a pat on the back for it afterwards
    were all the cattle ok?

Irishbandit
    Participant

viking is it only going to be $150 fine or will you pick up the bill for every-thing else?? … hoping just $150 fine!!!!

Timinator
    Participant

At least the lawn got watered…..

Viking62
    Participant

@irishbandit wrote:

viking is it only going to be $150 fine or will you pick up the bill for every-thing else?? … hoping just $150 fine!!!!

Just the $125.00 fine I’m hoping-The person that gave me the ticket said “in light of me being honest and me helping with topographic maps and fighting the fire” they gave me the least monetary mount they could- by law.
    BTW-Just a s they got this blaze under control….they received another call….same thing happened about 35 miles away from here. More guys burning thier fields off too—I guess the force 5 winds got them too. I will update my post if any further actions come of this.
    Thanks for the concern 🙂

Jinx post ➡
    Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:52 am Post subject:

ouch im a pyromaniac but ive never gone that far well nearly blowing up a gas station when i was 16 and then helping the fire brigade put it out and getting a pat on the back for it afterwards
    were all the cattle ok?

Cattle fine

> They are on the opposite side of the farm road (same as our home)–the road is a natural fire break that splits our ranch.

Spectrum
    Participant

@viking62 wrote:

I guess a picture is worth a few words……Sorry Spectrum 😯

(You NEED To Be Logged In To See Pictures)

Ya i saw the pic Viking. I what i said was cause of the whole sitution.

BOY
    Participant

@spectrum wrote:

nice, but then again, bad 😕

That pretty much says it all! I would pay $125 to see it again!! In my 28 years as a Missouri resident, I have never even heard or read of a helicpoter putting out fires. ROFL. Aaaaaawsome.

If I only had a dime for all the times I turned a wad of toilet paper into something bad…..

not to hijack, but..
    My bad day was only getting fined a second time in a month by a downtown beat cop for parking at a meter with “improper display of plates”

MO is the only state I can think of that requires a front AND back plate. Thing is my front one has been gone for 8 YEARS!! Was destroyed in a wreck, In those 8 years I have been stopped only one time by HWY patrol and scolded. My front plate says “God bless our troops – Victory”.

So far I simply refuse to pay the fines or get a new plate! 😯

I won’t last long at $33 bucks a pop.

Ebonite
    Participant

Oregon has fronts and backs

cbx550f
    Participant

@ebonite² wrote:

Oregon has fronts and backs

Don’t remind me of your “back”.

Spectrum
    Participant

Colorado has both plates

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.