This topic contains 23 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Raden 7 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

pastor of muppets
    Participant

Howdy Paris,

If you can not play one on one with bot it is pointless but it looks like Boy is looking into that. There were many times that I sat in Main for more than an hour with no one showing up. True I could play an offline game if all I wanted to do was play. That is not what I was looking for I was looking to play with some of you on-line and chat and have some fun. With the addition of the bot I can shoot at his sorry butt while waiting for one of you to join. There are other servers to play on but somedays I just wanted to play in my comfortable spot and that was main. I have used this description before but I will use it again now, main is my “Cheers” you know the bar with Norm, Cliff, Sam, Carla, Coach, Diane, and Woody. It is where I hang to have fun, unwind, be myself, argue a bit, get happy, get sad, get mad, basically just chill out. Now I can fire at the bot and when someone checks servers there is a green light that says hey there is a game going on in here if you wanna join. Then people pop in and play.

Rommel
    Participant

More bots and meaner bots would make it quite difficult for
    ANYONE to excell in games where they are the only human.

This is especially true if the ranking of the bots is kept low.

If thinking was rewarded more and emotional outbursts,
    rewarded less, perhaps we could generate more interest.

Generating more interest being the original intent for the
    changes, has anyone been keeping tabs on each of the
    changes made and how each of them has influenced the
    number of players and number of games played per day?

BOY
    Participant

no, I have not tracked the actuall stats, but it does seem that players are up, not down. Much of this is due to the stats reset though, I’m sure.

Rom, do you think two cyborgs would be better than one? Might throw people off a bit, make them work at it harder for kills? Dunno.

Rommel
    Participant

There seems little else to say except to once again encourage
    Mouse to hang in there. If you need to toss hogs, toss hogs.

Most everyone is hogging now … even Paris.

Get back in there and kill somebody.

Hyde911
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

There seems little else to say except to once again encourage
    Mouse to hang in there. If you need to toss hogs, toss hogs.

Most everyone is hogging now … even Paris.

Get back in there and kill somebody.

Yep. Because there is too much money for a kill. It’s worth spending all money for hogs since one good round makes you rich, especially at the very beginning. Soon it wont be Main Server but Hogs Server.
    I’ve said many times: decrease amount of money in game!

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

i think i agree with what naka said. (i dont know if it was this thread or another one). the main server settings were tweaked over years. years of fine tuning.

i respect the effort. this game needs a lot more admins with the balls to take a bit of responsibility, but i think this is possibly too big a change.

there are other servers. thrax hosts a load, i think that scorched professional server is naka’s and ive been hosting apoc on the list there for months.

maybe we should set up an unofficial server with the none mod and modified settings and leave main as it was?

boy, i cant watch my server activity – i have no idea who plays on that apoc server and who doesnt, but it’s been 100% up-time for months. let me know if you want admin access or something. youd be welcome to treat it as your own for experiments (or a second new one), maybe police it a bit so it’s safe for the masses, set up a swear filter so it’s clean? pm me if youre up for that. or if you need a server for your own mod.

did you record the original server settings?

Thrax
    Participant

@hyde911 wrote:

Yep. Because there is too much money for a kill. It’s worth spending all money
    for hogs since one good round makes you rich, especially at the very beginning.
    Soon it wont be Main Server but Hogs Server.
    I’ve said many times: decrease amount of money in game!

Lets see if i remember mains. Were there more than 4 weapons to choose from?

Once we resolve a balanced market-code and possibly make the defences
    affordable and worth having, maybe then one hog won’t be enough to kill with.

Large cash rewards for a kill or for winning a round only makes the poor get
    further behind. Propper Cash for damage and a small cash per round (5-10k)
    can keep people trying harder since they still have a slim chance.

Instead of demanding how the “Mains Should Be”, explore what balance and
    variety feels like. Then you can get a larger picture of what the game is really
    about.

Hyde911
    Participant

@thrax wrote:

Large cash rewards for a kill or for winning a round only makes the poor get
    further behind. Propper Cash for damage and a small cash per round (5-10k)
    can keep people trying harder since they still have a slim chance.

That’s right. Current settings heavily favour good players. Beginners play most of the time without any cash, and of course they are unable to make any.

@thrax wrote:

Instead of demanding how the “Mains Should Be”, explore what balance and
    variety feels like. Then you can get a larger picture of what the game is really
    about.

I express my opinion not to demand anything but because I’m anxious. And obviously there many people who are displeased with current situation.
    I agree with Lap, old server settings were result of years of tuning, we shouldn’t reject them rashly.

Rommel
    Participant

I too support BOY and the effort he has put forth.

I also understand the frustration that many people
    exhibit when changes are made that they did not
    request.

However, all these threads for discussing the recent
    changes has complicated my ability to keep up with
    the discussion(s) to the point of being unpleasant.

Suggestions that will help Mouse to have fun and
    continue playing seem to be what this topic requires.

Best wishes Mouse. I look forward to having you
    Heavy Hog me soon.

Sincerely,

Me

Raden
    Participant

Don’t stay away too long Mouse, these constant changes are just temporary, till someone or everyone agrees what is final and acceptable, though I know it is difficult to make changes that will satisfy everyone [everyone seems to have their own idea about what is acceptable or not, though some of us are generally thinking on the same wavelength].

So, Be Well in the meantime and hope to see you back here soon. As Laptop’s reminded, there is a new version of the game coming up, hopefully, ‘good/acceptable’ changes in current Main settings will be applied in the new version.

…Missing you already Mouseeeeeee…

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.