This topic contains 23 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Raden 7 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

MightyMouse
    Participant

Hey Guys,

wanted to say goodbye to those who played with my all the time. As I said I dont like the new settings, the bot…I just liked it as it was. So, I leave.

Thanks & take care.

Cya

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

never to be seen again!

mouse, there’s a new version on its way – make sure you check it out when it’s released. i bet there are all kinds of changes, the current server settings won’t bear any relevance.

ps:
    dont be silly. bis bald

Thrax
    Participant

Judging the entire quality of the game by the settings of a single server..

That’s like giving up chocolate after only ever tasting raw baking coco..

“There’s better?”

Hyde911
    Participant

You’re right Mouse. These settings sucks. ‘Main’ have become another beginners server.

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Mouse :

I hope that you are just having a bad day
    and change your mind. I’ve seen you play
    and know that on a good day, you could
    beat the bot at least half of the time.

In reading the initial post, the question
    that came to mind immediately was :

Has the server traffic increased ?

This should be rather easy to check.

If so, the overall changes have been a plus.

Are there things that need tweaking?

Yes, and there always will be
    (if the game is properly maintained).

Changes that provide additional challanges combined with changes that are exciting and beneficial are the types of changes that I tried to provide for the players at Apoc Champions.

My experience was that the better players liked the additional challanges and that the less than expert players liked the additional help that was provided for their benefit.

If there is something specific about the bot that you find
    bothersome, perhaps one of us can give you some pointers.

Best Wishes,

Rommel

BOY
    Participant

as instigator of server changes… I appreciate your dropping by to at least mention them, you are not alone in not liking them, but you are the first to quit the game because of it. Hopefully you will consider playing on Thrax’s servers, or the so called “PRO” server or something.

The bot is not desireable, however, for a short time, he’s needed, we need fresh blood.

Also, Laptop is right, the server is going to change much much more, and probably very soon. Please stick around to see it.

Rommel
    Participant

More bots !

Meaner bots !

Bots that don’t skip shots!

Get the idea or do I need to put it to music ???

The point being … we all have our own desires.
    The objective … to excell in spite of not having
    them met.

BOY
    Participant

the shark was too easy, I suppose that is true. However, if you’re alone, its no different to not play the bot, than not play anyone. The point of the bot is to generate games!! That is it!

I’ll work on getting a cyborg in there instead.

Mighty Mouse, the bot is just a temporary thing, we’re working on a new system of play, so hang around.

BOY
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

More bots !

Meaner bots !

Bots that don’t skip shots!

Get the idea or do I need to put it to music ???

The point being … we all have our own desires.
    The objective … to excell in spite of not having
    them met.

I replaced the shark bot with two cyborgs, they get booted after 4 players, this should present a challenge.

Since online games really are best with some shot options and some variety, these bots will stay for quite a while, players will be forced to deal with it, but they aren’t easy. They will get booted now after 4 players. This also will mean that the bots get replaced frequently, and therefore thier skill will be low, killing them will be fewer points.

Hyde911
    Participant

Is it possible to exclude bots from stats entirely?? Because now many top ranked players play for hours against bot only gaining easy points. This distorts ranking.

Rommel
    Participant

No Hyde, that is no longer possible.

Sometime in the past few hours the game was modified
    so that it will not begin with one player and one bot.

So, instead of waiting to see if anyone else showed up,
    I logged off.

No time, perhaps you would like to wait on me.

pastor of muppets
    Participant

I do not want to see anyone leave the game especially over some temporary settings that will be changed soon. If you feel the need to leave or take a break I hope you will stay in touch Mouse.

As far as the bot goes I did not like it at first but I will say since the changes including the addition of the bot I have yet to check and find the server empty. There is usually at least one or more players in there everytime I log on.

Hyde the players playing for hours against the bot to gain rank is no different than the situation we had before of top ranked players playing for hours MCB or other rules to increase rank. There will more than likely always be some sort of loophole that people will find to increase their rank other than simply logging on and playing FFA against other players. As far as “main” becoming a beginners server we have not had a beginners server for a long time we had a bots server and “main”. We won’t truly have a beginners server until there is a server that you are forced to play in as a beginner, until you can achieve some sort of skill in order to join another server. The bot at least offers you some way to play and record stats when no one is around and encourages people to hang out and lob shots at a something while waiting on someone else to join.

nerendal
    Participant

Hi
    If i totally agree with you, PoM, tell me what is the use of the bot now ?
    According to the fact that we can’t play a one to one game with that bot (and i think that’s a good thing !), we have to stay online till another player enter the game…
    SO what’s the difference ? with or without bot ?
    Maybe i missed something but i don’t really understand why there’s a bot on main server…
    Greetings

BOY
    Participant

This was a mistake. I thought the two bots would stay in the game, but I need Gavin to reload the server. The min players is reset back to 2. The shark bot is going to be replaced with cyborg at some point.

The overall point of the bot is to simply give players something to do until more players come

Again the skill system was never very good, players that wish to kill the bot all day may do so, but the bot does not have high skill, so points will not be as much. Remember that this same thing can be accomplished by using to tanks on one ip, anyone can do this. It doesn’t demonstrate good skill. Kill ratios are better to demonstrate skill. Disregard it.

tlon
    Participant

@mightymouse wrote:

Hey Guys,

wanted to say goodbye to those who played with my all the time. As I said I dont like the new settings, the bot…I just liked it as it was. So, I leave.

Thanks & take care.

Cya

Frau Mouse…. I’ll be missing you

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.