This topic contains 36 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  bazzz 9 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Rommel
    Participant

Hi bazzz:

Thank you for speaking up both times.
    @bazzz wrote:

Arent there bigger problems that we could dicuss?

Maybe not, could someone condense this dicussion in a post and make clear what this is about.

Yes, the problems with the code should be the main concern if a new version in the making.

The condensed version of this thread from my viewpoint is:

A player was accused of staging a protest designed to disrupt the game. The purpose stated was to force a rule change. No evidence was produced to substantiate the charge. The accused denied wanting the rule changed and denied waging a protest. That not being sufficient for the accuser, the accused threatened to publish the log and take apart the accusers story. The accuser recanted portions of their testimony. This was the end of the story for me, enough said.

The rest of this appears to be mostly senseless fluff except for an ironic twist of fate (karma) against the accuser. Another player seems to have liked the rule change proposed by the accuser and also the idea of staging an in game protest to force the rule to be changed. This awakened sleeper is now threatening to stage a real protest to change the rule that neither the accused nor the accuser wanted changed. Funny stuff.

Oh no, I’ve just been told that the Unknown Comic was practicing his routine back stage and laughed his ass off. So, unless there is a doctor in the house … No? Ok.

Now for your continuing entertainment, it’s Mean Gene The Dancing Machine. Take it away Gene!

Best wishes,

Chuck

Outer
    Participant

@Exiled One wrote:

Hey Choppy,

Anyway, I will be going on strike for buying time. You will know what it means once you guys play with me. Dont worry, its not the use of dirt. Be prepared because I will cause everyone to be bored to Death In One Peace.

Yours,

Exiled One

If you are planning to stay everytime until the last second of buying time, i better not see you doing that for your sake. Don’t try to spoil the gameplay like that.

BigBear
    Participant

@outer wrote:

@Exiled One wrote:

Hey Choppy,

Anyway, I will be going on strike for buying time. You will know what it means once you guys play with me. Dont worry, its not the use of dirt. Be prepared because I will cause everyone to be bored to Death In One Peace.

Yours,

Exiled One

If you are planning to stay everytime until the last second of buying time, i better not see you doing that for your sake. Don’t try to spoil the gameplay like that.

Which is exactly what Romm kept doing in that game that PR mentioned. Then when PR got annoyed and asked why he said something along the lines of “so why don’t we shorten the buy clock instead”. Obviously I don’t know what he was doing to miss almost every buy clock and neither can I judge how serious that statement was. I just remember that it was annoying and at the time it seemed like he was trying to make a point. Btw what is up with all this courtroom comparisons and accuser this accused that? A thread in general started by someone who’s not an admin is hardly the reincarnation of the spanish inquisition now is it?

Finally I’d like to add that I enjoy the buy time as it is. Sometimes I use all of it and sometimes almost none of it. The point being that when I need it (which is quite often) I do need it.

naka
    Participant

Well i think that buying and aiming time have to be extended by 5-10 sec.

Some times in very complex situations buying time isnt enough. If you have more time you can carefuly plan you action and collect good sets of weapons. Therefore good sets of weapons allows you to quickly kill you oponents and total round time may appears shorter. 😆

apache64d
    Participant

Rommel r u ok??
    It doesn’t seems so.
    Court? I guess u forgot it is computer game. A fun game.
    it is not the place to hold the game intantualy.
    In all this banch of txt, this thousnds of court txt u haven’t answered PR question. Why?
    Why don’t just answer and get to the poin instead of writing all the pages of..nothing.
    Well I guess there is a proof that u did hold the game. You know what? I don’t care why u did it. I just hope that next time u will be asked a question (a simple one) just answer it.

For me the buying time and aimming time is good.

Loke
    Participant

Ill have to agree with ap on both timings, it leaves time to do all neccesarry things, and have a chat with the community too. Is that bad?

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Apache:

It’s nice of you to step in but you are too late. Perhaps in the future you could stop the personal attacks before they run out of steam and end on their own. In any event, I didn’t answer his questions because he made them after the accusation. That is poor form and I seldom reward poor form unless an excellent result is produced in spite of the form.

@apache64d wrote:

Rommel r u ok??
    It doesn’t seems so.
    Court? I guess u forgot it is computer game. A fun game.
    it is not the place to hold the game intantualy.
    In all this banch of txt, this thousnds of court txt u haven’t answered PR question. Why?
    Why don’t just answer and get to the poin instead of writing all the pages of..nothing.
    Well I guess there is a proof that u did hold the game. You know what? I don’t care why u did it. I just hope that next time u will be asked a question (a simple one) just answer it.

For me the buying time and aimming time is good.

Apache, if you would have spent have as much time reading my initial reply as you did typing yours, you would see that I don’t want the buy in timer changed. I think it is fine. As for that Daggett fellow, don’t worry about him, he’s a damn fine attorney but he’s a little too long winded I think.

So how are things in the desert? Hot I bet. Hey, it’s hot here too today, in the 90s and the grass is crunchy. Do you have grass. I bet not. Hey, you could dye the sand green, that would be sooooo cool. A nice green lawn you don’t have to mow. Yeah, we’ve got that here, Astor-Turf, but it never really caought on very well.

Speaking of wells, is that how you get water or do you live at an oasis? I bet you have a well, right? I think living at an oasis would be cool though. You would get to meet people from everywhere that were looking for a drink of water. That would be sooo cool. You might meet anyone, well not anyone, but you might meet anyone that had a camel.

Speaking of camels, do you smoke? I bet not. I bet if you did it would be one of those Sherlock Holmes pipes. Am I right? You smoke a pipe don’t you? If not, then that is good. Smoking is bad. Mmmm k But anyway, I smoke. Marlboro 100’s in the soft pack. I like to smoke. In fact, if you play the game tell me who you are so I can smoke you like a cheap cigar. Ha ha just kidding. NOT ! Ha ha, just kidding about the not. NOT !!! Ha ha I hope you are laughing. Are you laughing? I bet not.

Speaking of laughing, do you ever laugh. I bet you do. I bet every time you get to whack someone you laugh so hard your belly shakes like jello. Am I right? I bet I am. I bet you laugh and sound just like Santa Clause. Do you have Santa Clause? I bet not. Well Santa Clause is a great big fat guy see. and he like he has these like, really special deers. RAin Deers they call them, and they are soooo cool. cause they can fly. Really! I bet you are laughing right now. STOP LAUGHING! They do fly. You just haven’t ever seen them cause you live in the desert and they like to stay cool.

Speaking of staying cool …

Best wishes,

Rommel

Rommel
    Participant

Dear Big Bear:

You appear to be intentionally semi-quoting me in a bad light, and I find it offensive. Also, it was very rude of you to say something along the lines that my mother was a tramp that had me out of wedlock and that I was raised without ever knowing my father.

Surely you have a copy of the log. If so, perhaps you should read the part you are butchering and try your synopsys again, honestly. If you still have any interest in fairness, you might find that reading the preceeding several pages help to set the tone. If you need some help, I’ll proof read and critque your next attempt but frankly, this one is a mess and should never have been submitted.

I’m not sure what is bothering you but I suspect a guilty conscience. You know how to recognize a guilty conscience I hope. If not, get a dog, they give little clues that an observant trainer soon finds very easy to recognize. The importance being, once an animal shows a sign of guilt, they understand that they have misbehaved. This is a crucial phase as becoming aware of right and wrong is what seperates the civil from the wild. There is no wrong in the wild.

Were you the one that put PR up to this non-sense? If so, then perhaps it’s time for you to speak up, so you and I can clear the air, like gentlemen. If you would prefer to dance, I’ll let you lead but we better dance at a distance, you see dear boy, this time you are the one on thin ice and I’m on solid ground.

Think about it,

Rommel

BigBear
    Participant

I didn’t quote you because I don’t have the log. The description of the “incident” as per my recollection might offend you, but it is as I remember it and I have not lied or twisted anything. If I am wrong or misunderstood something I have no problem apologizing (note the if!).

Interesting approach to describe me as some sort of sociopath or alternatively a wild animal lacking the ability for civilized interaction. If I had any feelings or social skills I might have been offended.

I have not put anyone up to anything. If I have something to say I will say it myself. The lackey business does not command any interest from me.

bazzz
    Participant

Wow this pile of BS keeps spiralling out of control, has anyone got any proof of anything or has this thread been FFA all along?

Could someone give any facts instead of choosing sides here or could someone move this thread to “urinieren wettbewerb” please. 🙄

Alternatively i could write a review of this thread for comical relief highlighting the absurdities and uncertanties we have ti live with. 😛

BigBear
    Participant

@bazzz wrote:

Wow this pile of BS keeps spiralling out of control, has anyone got any proof of anything or has this thread been FFA all along?

Could someone give any facts instead of choosing sides here or could someone move this thread to “urinieren wettbewerb” please. 🙄

Alternatively i could write a review of this thread for comical relief highlighting the absurdities and uncertanties we have ti live with. 😛

It’s kinda funny how these threads always follow the same pattern:
    1. A makes a thread.
    2. B gets offended.
    3. C, D, … join the fray and harsh words are said.
    4. N decides to be “the voice of reason”, dumps on everyone for being childish/morons/whatever and jotts down the code for a rolling eyes smiley.
    5a. Everyone are bored at this point so the thread dies.
    5b. Someone just have to get the last word in and so it continues for a bit.
    6. Whatever the thread was about in the beginning by now it will end with one concrete result. Names will be added/removed from some shit lists depending on the respective persons perception of what has transpired.

Over and out!

bazzz
    Participant

Alternatively i could write a review of this thread for comical relief highlighting the absurdities and uncertanties we have ti live with.

Damn you beat me to it BB

Someone just have to get the last word in and so it continues for a bit.

Can i have it? 😛

Exiled One
    Participant

Loke: chatting with community

Look who is talking….you have no idea how the world comes down on me sometimes it feels like damn….let me mute the whole world and then all of a sudden I am like…lets give them one more chance.

But whatever…I guess General … I have decided to take some time out.

The pc kicks you out every 2 turns you dont move.

Bulleyes out of know where said skip….not a bad idea.

Anyway….Is the accuser and the accused on good terms?

I mean Is Mr.Nut and General are to good to go?

If they are then I am going on time out…see ya later guys be nice to each other.

Yours,

Exiled One

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Big Bear:

Thank you for an appropiately restrained reply and the contingent offer of an apology. Hopefully, considering that you were recently an admin and offered testimony as a witness, you understand why I expected you to have a copy of the log and why I got the impression I did upon finding it terribly flawed.

@bigbear wrote:

I didn’t quote you because I don’t have the log. The description of the “incident” as per my recollection might offend you, but it is as I remember it and I have not lied or twisted anything. If I am wrong or misunderstood something I have no problem apologizing (note the if!).

My displeasure that you don’t have a complete copy of the log has been somewhat slaked by my pleasure that you aren’t the one that got PeanutsRevenge started. While I can certainly understand that without the log, anyone could be somewhat confused, I can not understand why, of all people, you don’t have a copy, yet made that post in spite of the fact. Seeing you post as an attempt to elicit a response, I gave you one. Not the one you might have wanted but an honest and thoughtful reply none the less. Now I see that you have made another post expressing displeasure that this thread is still going on. Funny stuff.

Speaking of funny stuff, check this out :

When I play the snipped portion of your post through my text to speech software, you sound just like LapTops Daddy when he’s trying to wind somebody up.

Sometimes it’s best to sit quietly in the corner and hope no one notices you.

Sincerely,

Rommel

BigBear
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

My displeasure that you don’t have a complete copy of the log has been somewhat slaked by my pleasure that you aren’t the one that got PeanutsRevenge started. While I can certainly understand that without the log, anyone could be somewhat confused, I can not understand why, of all people, you don’t have a copy, yet made that post in spite of the fact. Seeing you post as an attempt to elicit a response, I gave you one. Not the one you might have wanted but an honest and thoughtful reply none the less. Now I see that you have made another post expressing displeasure that this thread is still going on. Funny stuff.

I think you misunderstood the meaning of my latest post. That I think that this thread follows a well established pattern that has a very given outcome is not the same as me being against its continuation. As for the log I have no interest in keeping copies of what is said in every game I play. Besides, as has been mentioned repeatedly this is not a trial. Had it been it would have been posted in the complaints section to begin with. This is a discussion about the buying time on main. Nothing more and nothing less. Accused, accuser and testimony? Wth are you on about? You are not an accused and I sure ain’t a prosecutor. Don’t you go counting on that apology just yet. I haven’t seen or heard anything that would warrant any such action from me. Quite the contrary in fact. Oh well …

@rommel wrote:

Sometimes it’s best to sit quietly in the corner and hope no one notices you.

It is becoming quote clear to me that you don’t know me at all!

P.S. Sorry bazz, better luck getting the last word in next time 😉 D.S.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.