This topic contains 36 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  bazzz 9 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

It would appear that Rommel is protesting at the length of the buy time, wishing it to be shorter. This protest seems to only amount to him not clicking OK on the buy screen, making everyone have to wait for him to time out.

I would like to counter protest that the time remain the same, it is a fine time to catch up on the conversations that exist, find where players are, decide on tactics and thus choose the appropriate weapons.

I hardly ever buy anything other than maybe chutes until the 7/8th round, so in that sense, I SHOULD wish the time to be reduced, however, I like most of the people here and enjoy the conversations.

So, please keep the buy time the same as well as the shot time, which I NOW (thanks to the tourney) require only half of to make my shot, the rest can be used to enjoy ongoing convos.

Thankyou for your time

Peanut

pastor of muppets
    Participant

The buy time seems fine with me. It gives me a chance to look and see what weapons have gone up or down in price. Also gives me time to look at the map and see if I should port, run, bubble up, or by hogs and go ape crap wild. 8 out of 10 rounds I won’t use much of it at all but there are a few rounds after I have saved up some money that I barely get the buy in.

As far as shot time goes I have plenty of time to miss usually, but sitting next to Mrs. Pastor I know she usually uses most if not all of it to aim and pick her weapon and she has been playing over a year now. Some people need it some people don’t so why bias it towards those that don’t?

Rommel
    Participant

Although I do favor a 20 to 30 second shot clock and have detailed the reasons why, I don’t believe that I have ever proposed that the buy in time was too long. Although I get caught sometimes, that is part of the challange. The buy in timer seems fine to me.

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

It would appear that Rommel is protesting at the length of the buy time, wishing it to be shorter. This protest seems to only amount to him not clicking OK on the buy screen, making everyone have to wait for him to time out.

I would like to counter protest that the time remain the same, it is a fine time to catch up on the conversations that exist, find where players are, decide on tactics and thus choose the appropriate weapons.

I hardly ever buy anything other than maybe chutes until the 7/8th round, so in that sense, I SHOULD wish the time to be reduced, however, I like most of the people here and enjoy the conversations.

So, please keep the buy time the same as well as the shot time, which I NOW (thanks to the tourney) require only half of to make my shot, the rest can be used to enjoy ongoing convos.

Thankyou for your time

Peanut

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

Although I do favor a 20 to 30 second shot clock and have detailed the reasons why, I don’t believe that I have ever proposed that the buy in time was too long. Although I get caught sometimes, that is part of the challange. The buy in timer seems fine to me.

Then why did you fail to click OK on EVERY SINGLE buy screen for over 2 hours last night, yet only failed to move, I believe, twice?
    And why was I told that the reason you were doing this was to protest at the length of the buy time?
    I have to go by a reliable and trustworthy source for the reason stated as I always put you on ignore every time I see you!

Rommel
    Participant

Dear Court of Public Opinion (All) :

According to the Plaintiffs most recent testimony, he would now like for you to believe that he waged the charge against my client, Erwin J. E. Rommel, based on hearsay testimony that he received from an as of yet secret, albeit reliable source. This could be due to the fact the Plaintiff has recognized the need to create a fictional villain to bear the brunt of the blame for the false charge. If not then the Plaintiff was duped into filing a false charge. In either case, I ask that the court consider this carefully, not only now but also in any future cases in which the Plaintiff offers testimony.

I have instructed my client that he has sufficient grounds to seek damages based on counter charges of slander and malicious prosecution but he would prefer to be done with this case quickly as evidenced by his surprisingly short denial.

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

@rommel wrote:

Then why did you fail to click OK on EVERY SINGLE buy screen for over 2 hours last night, yet only failed to move, I believe, twice?
    And why was I told that the reason you were doing this was to protest at the length of the buy time?
    I have to go by a reliable and trustworthy source for the reason stated as I always put you on ignore every time I see you!

My client, having taken into consideration that the Plaintiff may have been duped, has instructed me to extend an offer allowing the Plaintiff to apologize and submit a retraction of the charge within 24 hours of his next post here. If this deadline is not met, no further offers will be extended but instead, the log of the games in question will be presented as our defense.

It is my clients sincere belief that the log proves beyond a reasonable doubt that he is innocent of the charge levied and that the Plaintiff has made more than one false statement of fact in these proceedings. Hopefully, the Plaintiff will accept my clients offer and spare the court the further burden of hearing my clients side of this case. My client, bless his heart, can be a bit long winded at times.

Warm Regards,

J. Noble Daggett, esq.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

I found 12 instances of ” [info] : Player “I’m Soooo Cheesed” failed to buy, allowed 2 more missed move(s)” in this log, which covers just over 2 and a half hours, which was around 2 and a half games I believe.

If I am correct that it was 2 and a half games, that’s 23 or so buy screens, which is over 50% of the time, buying was not completed by Rommel (A.K.A I’m Soooo Cheesed) even tho he was still purchasing items.

If you would like an apology, may I point you in the direction of Jihad, who, by all accounts could put into words what I would like to say, far better than I will!

I shall allow the person who informed me of Rommels stated intentions to come forward themselves, in the mean time, would you care to explain why you continually wasted even MORE of peoples time by not clicking a simple a button? Is it frustration that you cannot dirt other peoples buttons, thus wasting a stupid amount of time and thus driving even more people away from the game?

Edit: Log file now attached as a .txt file

Rommel
    Participant

The clock is ticking …

and as Mr. O use to say, “It’s later than you think.”

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

I found 12 instances of ” [info] : Player “I’m Soooo Cheesed” failed to buy, allowed 2 more missed move(s)” in this log, which covers just over 2 and a half hours, which was around 2 and a half games I believe.

If I am correct that it was 2 and a half games, that’s 23 or so buy screens, which is over 50% of the time, buying was not completed by Rommel (A.K.A I’m Soooo Cheesed) even tho he was still purchasing items.

If you would like an apology, may I point you in the direction of Jihad, who, by all accounts could put into words what I would like to say, far better than I will!

I shall allow the person who informed me of Rommels stated intentions to come forward themselves, in the mean time, would you care to explain why you continually wasted even MORE of peoples time by not clicking a simple a button? Is it frustration that you cannot dirt other peoples buttons, thus wasting a stupid amount of time and thus driving even more people away from the game?

Edit: Log file now attached as a .txt file

bazzz
    Participant

People can say what they like in private,tough if a public statement is made its the one making the statement thats responsible, not the one who told the person it was.
    There are two elegant options ,either you apologise as is being asked of you or you back up your claim.Jihad sounds like a credible source right 🙄

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Just to clarify.

My first post was not to complain about Rommel, or I would have put the thread in the complaints section.

It was a ‘heads up’ regarding the lack of OK clicking during buying by Rommel and to ask that the buy time remain the same.

Bazzz, you seem to have missunderstood me, I was not saying that jihad was the person that informed me of what Rommel had said. I was saying that Jihad could word my response to the request for an apology far better than I will.

Rommel
    Participant

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen of the Court:

Thank you for your indulgence. Due to the impudence of Mr. (bless his heart) Daggett, Esq., I have terminated his services and present for your consideration, my much shorter closing statement.

Having publicly stated that I favor a shorter shot clock my attempts to have it changed have consisted of nothing more diabolical than stating the reasons supporting a change and attempting to regulalry fire before the timer shows 20 seconds remaining.

If I thought that the buy in time should be shortened, I would have followed the same rational approach.@peanutsrevenge wrote:

Just to clarify.

My first post was not to complain about Rommel, or I would have put the thread in the complaints section.

It was a ‘heads up’ regarding the lack of OK clicking during buying by Rommel and to ask that the buy time remain the same.

Bazzz, you seem to have missunderstood me, I was not saying that jihad was the person that informed me of what Rommel had said. I was saying that Jihad could word my response to the request for an apology far better than I will.

The confused and conflicting testimony submitted by PeanutsRevenge seems an adaquate defense of his charges without need of any further elaboration on my part except to implore you to heed the warning from Lawyer J. Noble Daggett. I call no witnesses and submit no exhibits of evidence. The Defense rests.

Sincerely,

Erwin J. E. Rommel – Scorcher Extraordinaire 1941 – 1943

Chopper
    Participant

wow……..how come all this energy is being put out on something like buy time?

Mr Peanut is right…..I buy and catch up on chat between rounds…and think the time is about right.

Exiled One
    Participant

I played today…some people do take along time.

I agree we should cut time or have an option to buy time like 5 seconds for 500.

I think we should have 20 seconds at max for shooting.

This is a game and we should play it and enjoy it and talking at the same time makes dont know how to explain it. Its just difficult.

I ask the community of scorch to agree on a 20 second fire time or buy time option. It would make things more interesting also we would want to have peace in our minds while shooting not words flying in ours head telling us to shoot them at other players.

Yours,

Exiled One

bazzz
    Participant

Isnt all that realisable in mods ? If there is a real problem with main as it is i suggest the admins do something about it.

Arent there bigger problems that we could dicuss?

Maybe not, could someone condense this dicussion in a post and make clear what this is about.

Chopper
    Participant

The dirter likes short buy and shot times??
    But you don’t mind slowing down the game under your dung pile?? 🙄
    Now THERES a contradiction.

Yes ,its a game but not oNLY a game.People come to main to enjoy the game, fellowship and er……drinking together. 😀

Oh and pray for New Orleans US gulf coast and the folks down in Cuba.
    Gustav is going to be a Some Beach.

Exiled One
    Participant

Hey Choppy,

Sorry but the next time I came, I never played with dirt. I usually or sometimes give people heads up.

Anyway, your words should be moved from here…once you bug someone, you will always appear to them to same way. Need to change your attitude when its a different topic.

I can buy weapons in 10 seconds and choose shields and cutes in another 10 seconds then press ok. Thats like 20 seconds at top.

You need to know your location and thats a heads up and you will know what weapons you have to use.

Thats all you need to know what weapon and chutes.

You dont drink while playing, you type and press spacebar. The drinking part I guess is a waste of time. Use it when you buy time.

And Choppy dont worry about those States that will be hit by hurricane. They will always stay there or the have a choice to move. They will survive. They survived Hurricane Katrina might as well will survive the next millions of hurricanes that are about to come in the future.

Anyway, I will be going on strike for buying time. You will know what it means once you guys play with me. Dont worry, its not the use of dirt. Be prepared because I will cause everyone to be bored to Death In One Peace.

Yours,

Exiled One

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.