This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  jdog 10 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Willis
    Participant

Well, it’s easy to notice these new changes to the BUY window.

* Items are listed in reverse order then previous versions.
    * There’s a new tab for fuel.

I got two questions:

1) With the items being in a reverse order.. is that a server setting or a client window setting? AKA is there a way for me to revert it back to the previous style?

2) Whats the story behind the tab fuel? I really didnt (now wish I did) watch the Beta testing topic … but to have a new tab just for those two items seems silly, no? It’s not like how we use it has changed…

Deathstryker
    Participant

I believe that the reversal was hardcoded into the executable. As Gavin said somewhere else, it follows the accessories file accurately now. I’m guessing this is so you don’t have to think of things backwards when you’re modding and you want your weapons in a certain order for you MOD.

As for the fuel tab, I was wondering that myself but I didn’t think to ask… The only thing I can think of is if you’re modding and you have a bunch of shields and a bunch of fuel types and you wanted them seperated so you don’t have to navigate a long list… But because that is unlikely to ever happen, it does seem rather pointless.

Thrax
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

I believe that the reversal was hardcoded into the executable. As Gavin said somewhere else, it follows the accessories file accurately now. I’m guessing this is so you don’t have to think of things backwards when you’re modding and you want your weapons in a certain order for you MOD.

As for the fuel tab, I was wondering that myself but I didn’t think to ask…
    The only thing I can think of is if you’re modding and you have a bunch of
    shields and a bunch of fuel types and you wanted them seperated so you
    don’t have to navigate a long list… But because that is unlikely to ever
    happen, it does seem rather pointless.

Point 1 is true,

Point 2, however…
    With new options, we can use movement and attacks in a single weapon.
    For ex; approach, Thump, and run away..
    Grouping these types of move’s together with the 3-4 type’s of Fuel,
    may make that tab a bit more handy..
    Try some other mods later, and you might get the idea.

Willis
    Participant

Ok, makes sense. It’s just for playing the other style for multiple years, this robot is getting a headach 😛

Point 2, however…
    With new options, we can use movement and attacks in a single weapon.
    For ex; approach, Thump, and run away..
    Grouping these types of move’s together with the 3-4 type’s of Fuel,
    may make that tab a bit more handy..
    Try some other mods later, and you might get the idea.

You mean a modder can design something that combines attack and fuel right?… NOT that a person can select fuel and a weapon at the same time… right?

I guess thats what was ment by “Fuel is now categorized as a weapon”…

I suppose that would mean it would by default be shown on the weapons screen? That would make sense for a different tab, becuase techniqly fuel is not a weapon.

If I’m on the right track so far.. personally I still think it looks weird and wonder if theres a way to get the best of both worlds?

Otherwise what about this idea:

Put teleporters under that tab also. And rename the tab to be called “Movement”.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Yeah, its because fuel is actualy implemented as a weapon. But we don’t want it in the weapons list for buying or for selecting in the game. So its given a different group which unfortunately means a different tab.

BOY
    Participant

I think the new fuel tab is alright, seems bulky at first to have more tabs but it is easy to work with.

Willis
    Participant

I suppose.

Since people (I hope!) use the favorites tab, it’s not like we switch to the fuel tab over and over.

jdog
    Participant

Its usefull in my mod since I have 3 fuel types and thinking about how to use fuel in weapons.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.