This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ArmorWraith 6 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Thrax got any idea how i can make a bullet from this? I would like to use it for boid fire. 🙂

Armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

I could use a model, but it would lack the glowy ness.. hmm I tried using it as a particle, no sucess. I want it to appear as a small glowing bullet. no way to do this besides modeling i suppose, maybe a small glow with particles after…

Armor

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

id love to have a go at that. i have an idea. one moment…

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Be my guest, I am stumped as to how to do it atm. I could use a larger circular flame, then a smaller trail, similar to my scorched earth weapon in kwa, but thats 3 differenct projectiles..

Armor

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

just wondered whether you could do something with alpha gradients
    [attachment=0:35r6ol40]alpha.png[/attachment:35r6ol40]

ArmorWraith
    Participant

you mean similar to trees with alpha textures? Perhaps bend it around a bullet model?

Armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

solid model and png texture? Like this?

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Nvm I got what you meant after a bit of practice. I once used a similar method to make a road appear decayed in some parts. All you do is simply blur the alpha mask and wallah you have an alpha gradient, useful for semi transparency. I guess i could just model a 2d bullet and have it not spin, but it would be horribly obvious from the top view.

perhaps playign with specular and emissive lighting will help me.

Armor

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

i imagined surrounding something like your solid bullet with some shaped translucent flame as part of the same model/object (maybe fading to completely transparent at the tail). dont know.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Got any idea how i can make a flashing light on an airplane wing?

Armor

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.